Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: unfair regatta

unfair regatta

I'd like to see a regatta whereby the programme doesn't put you in a race with a team that has 14 players, yet only 5 are racing, as this gives them an unfair advantage in completing their tasks over other teams who have only 5 members and all 5 of them are racing.
    This weeks regatta , all but 3 teams have 5 members racing, and we're all very close with our points, however, the team that is winning is at least 3000 points in front of anyone else, they have 14 team members! This isn't really fair on the other teams.

Last weeks regatta, we all were the same(5 in a co-op) and we came 2nd.
    This week, might be lucky to finish 6th.

Before you say, join a bigger co-op blah, blah, blah, I like my co-op friends, we have a good rapport, and I don't want to invite more players, as in past experience, they've turned out to be a waste of space.

So basically what I'm saying is...if you have 14 players irregardless of how many are racing, you should be in a regatta that has 14 members, full stop.

Right, rant over.

The regatta only takes into account the players that are racing.
    The number of players in a coop doesn’t matter.
    Each coop has 5 racers, and therefore the same amount of tasks to be done and the same maximum of points to achieve.
    So your rant is not appropriate lol

I don't mean to belittle your concerns, I understand that a team with more players, even if they are not racing, has more people to provide "help" filling trains / planes / zoo / and co-op chat product requests. Does that make them race any faster? I don't know.

But if you start taking that into account, shouldn't the number of "friends" (both in-game and FB friends) also be taken into account, doesn't the friends list provide a larger pool of players to help?

And what about player level? Did you check the levels of the players in the other co-op? Are they higher or lower than your team? Higher level players have upgraded factories, trains, all that stuff and can play faster. Shouldn't this also be taken into account?

Look, the only way to be "Fair" in all things is to have a team race against 14 identical clone teams, that way they are all on equal footing. Anything else will undoubtedly look "unfair" to somebody.

As it is, counting only "Racing" members as the criteria at least ensures that the maximum score is the same for all teams.

No, I'm not going to suggest you join a larger team or invite a bunch of "non-racing" players to your team. I am going to suggest that you improve your level, upgrades, and develop a racing strategy that allows you and your team to finish quickly. That's what everybody else is doing and why they seem to jump out in front so easily.

You’re wrong about putting teams against each other regardless of the number of participants - then you’ll really hear cries of “unfair.”

I suggest looking at the other threads about this subject. Ultimately each team is slightly different, some are great at helping, some aren’t. As a team with 3-4 active racers, I haven’t found a particular disadvantage being put against far larger teams with the same number racing. We’ve beaten plenty. In those races, we were better. In others, we weren’t.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 102 iOS
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9

Quote Originally Posted by Veganville View Post
    You’re wrong about putting teams against each other regardless of the number of participants - then you’ll really hear cries of “unfair.”
    It does sometimes happen than one or two of the teams in the regatta have one fewer racer. We even saw one with two less one time. I don't know how this happens. I suspect in most cases one racer was lost after the race started. I do think the software intends to group us by number of racers, but the system is far from perfect.

While I agree they should always try to match by number of racers, I do think the system could be improved by a more sophisticated algorithm that also looks at total coop size and especially at player levels.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

I've seen co-op's implode during a race. They we from 1st to totally missing from the board because a team member took a non 135 point task. Saw this or something similar 3-4 times while getting from wooden to gold.

Woody I would call some of this luck of the draw. Some weeks we get a good race and get top 3 others not so much. I've looked at some of the "power" teams and have found the helps are lacking in them a lot.
    One week we were seriously out classed. Top 4 teams were 3-4000 ahead of us by Friday. At the end of the regatta we had more helps than the top 3 teams combined.

This week is our turn. We are 3000 points out in front with 1300+ helps.

Visits are always welcome. I know as leader it's problematic but you can send a co over to chat sometime if you want to.
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) , Silver Lake (Alana) Co-op : Stronger Together

You choosed you own co-op and since that they have a weekly tasks you win for doing your own tasks with or without team, if you want more racers you can kick out those who don't race or to request in co-op that everyone shall do at least 3 tasks if you are the leader.
    If you are member, do your best with patience and choose task that you could finish in faster time that's race!
    I don't know about which co-op you've in, I was in inactive co-op for long time, even I was racing and in was happy with like 1 or two wooden chests in game, even I wished them was in better place, but I change my co-op last week before new regatta is started, and I was happy with how active they are, not everybody is racer or want to play township to race in regatta, so take it easy
    Last edited by Harmman420; 01-21-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Harmman420

Yes I do have my own co-op, I have kicked out useless timewasters, yes I have a minimum set amount of tasks to be done, they all race.

Hey Gary,
    can you lend me some points

Mayfield

While I agree they should always try to match by number of racers, I do think the system could be improved by a more sophisticated algorithm that also looks at total coop size and especially at player levels.[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm trying to get across, thank you