Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regatta task: Light Sky Lanterns in Lantern Festival Event

Regatta task: Light Sky Lanterns in Lantern Festival Event

I believe they made an error when they gave the number required for lighting lanterns for the festival task. To earn 127 points it requires you to light 800 lanterns but breaking down that number:

You spend 3 fireworks to play one mini-game, takes about 30 minutes to make the fireworks
    The average you can earn for completing 1 mini-game is around 25 lanterns
    Total amount of games needed to complete task is about 24 games or minimum of around 75 fireworks
    You need to fill a minimum of 25 orders (75 fireworks/3 per order If you are lucky)

Considering that I have completed 4 of my personal event goals but have only reached 614 lanterns this task seems extreme. Especially when you consider this is an 127 points task. I believe the maximum lanterns to be lit should be closer to 400 lanterns for 127 points and 600 for 135 points.

Little about myself: I have played this game for 650 days and usually place in top 3 for the mini-events. Unless they reset the tier requirements at beginning of the year I am on the higher end compared to my team-mates for completing my 5 personal event goals.

It's 880 lanterns for 135 points. I agree, that's so excessive it seems like there must be a mistake.

I saw the 640 lanterns for 99 points, i won't choose the task but I guess they mean it for 880 lanterns, because there is players who are willing to win in this, they have similar task of the event which easier to collect the red envelopes, I only try to choose what I feel I could do it.

That's what I have, and I won't choose Screenshot_20200121-125511_Township.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Harmman420; 01-21-2020 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    It's 880 lanterns for 135 points. I agree, that's so excessive it seems like there must be a mistake.
    Yes We had one on our board...deleted immediately.
    If this isn’t a mistake it is ridiculous.

For the last personal goal, you need 620 points, and the 135 task wants 880 🙄.
    Either this task wasn't thoroughly thought through, or a mistake was made.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

It looks like 880 lanterns is more than half the entire event!

There is usually one event task that is easier, needing something like 10-12 clean runs. The second one is often about 1.5 or 2 times as hard, but nothing like half the items needed for all five personal goals.

For comparison, the Letter collecting task requires 105 for 135 points. I've just started the event and my first two runs were 9 and 11, and that was all the available envelopes. I imagine there are more deeper into the game. So, that's probably 10 or so runs where I am, about what we'd expect from the nicer event tasks.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-21-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    ... I've just started the event and my first two runs were 9 and 11, and that was all the available envelopes. I imagine there are more deeper into the game. ...
    Not my experience, and I am at the chests as rewards already. I've also had runs with 4 or 5 (on offer!), but around 8 seems the norm to me, 12 the most/best. In any case, this task seems doable.

ETA: seems I had the 12 only once, afterwards most was 11. still, I think I had it once.
    Last edited by _DD_; 01-23-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Yes. It ended up taking me 14 runs (being 4 envelopes short after 13). As you said, some had as few as 4 or 6 letters to collect. The 11 I got on my second run of the task turned out to be the highest I got, tho there was at least one other with 11. I only missed collecting 3 or 4 letters in that task, so I might have done it in 13 runs.

Still, that way better than 880 lanterns.