Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Tree of Light

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    These upgradable decorations are 1000 more fun when they upgrade as part of the event rather than this way. It isn't any fun at all making so much stuff like that.

I wish they would let people finish upgrading thru the event, even if it takes a couple years. It won't make any difference to people who are already finished which way it works.
    I'm new to this, so is it upgradeable like the snow man where we can work on it when we can? Or is it limited by timeframe and only upgradable during the event time, like that halloween deco with the house?

I like the upgradable items, like the snowman, you can do when you have time. But if it's not like that, then I'd like to understand the requirements before I begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    I'm new to this, so is it upgradeable like the snow man where we can work on it when we can? Or is it limited by timeframe and only upgradable during the event time, like that halloween deco with the house?

I like the upgradable items, like the snowman, you can do when you have time. But if it's not like that, then I'd like to understand the requirements before I begin.
    It's like the snowman and the others, you can work on it whenever you want. The time limit applies only to buying it (in its initial stage). Once you have it, there's no time limit to worry about.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

I'm so happy to get this decoration. Personally I am happy it is upgradeable separately from the event. As I have done all the other upgradeable decs, this is a nice extra project for me to work on. As for no fun throwing lots of resources at it, I suppose that depends on your mindset as to how you view it. I see it as fun and rewarding

I don't mind the time of resources it takes to upgrade the lantern tree. At least this way you can do it as you want to, you don't have to stress about getting it done during the event.
    Just like everything else with Township....patience required.

FINALLY!!! I’ve been waiting for three years for this deco! So excited and I really don’t mind at all that it is an upgradable deco.

Quote Originally Posted by Katville View Post
    Level 2 of my tree takes 13 rose sorbet, 3 tropical mix drinks, and 75400 coins.
    I don't know how this compared to the last time it was offered, I suppose it will be very expensive to complete just as all the upgradable decorations are. I think you probably can finish it after the event ends but not sure.
    I am very glad they offered it again!
    The first phase of Level 3 was actually a lot cheaper and easier than level 2. The second half is worse. (2 more Jelly fruit slices and 6 mole sauce and 43.6k coins). I think phase 1 was 2 and 3, respectively.

The fruit slices require Level 71 to make and mole sauce Level 73. Are different ingredients needed by lower level players or can they not build this decoration until they level up?
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-19-2020 at 02:05 AM.

It looks like everyone has a different order for the levels.
    Must admit I was pretty surprised to get to level six and find there are four parts to level six. They may as well have called it ten levels. So glad I saved a lot of coins and hired the dealer but now I'm not so sure I'll have enough coins.

In some cities, I see dragons in the sea. When was this event time or when will we come? Level 119

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamangel View Post
    In some cities, I see dragons in the sea. When was this event time ...
    I believe you might have seen Nessie? she dives and comes back. You can see her here:
    Screenshot_20200119-131500.jpg
    and here:
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...=1#post1273326

If so, she was a decoration in the Paranormal Regatta Season in Sept. 2018:
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...=1#post1274033

The Wiki description is here:
    https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Yac...anormal_Season

It has nothing to do with the Tree of Lights, as far as I'm aware, which this thread is about.
    Last edited by _DD_; 01-19-2020 at 12:37 PM. Reason: addec pic

Just wanted to say thanks for all the good information here. I will assume that the different levels will have different items for completion? I was hoping to get a head start on what to make, but it looks different for everyone.

My first upgrade was Iced Tea (although it looks more like lemonade to me) and Scented Soap.

I was happy to see the Tree of Lights. I didn't get it the first time around. I think I was too swamped with work and/or playing the game to be able to do the event. Anyway, happy to see it.

I've done the other up-gradable decorations, with the exception of the cake which I really don't like. I just took my time and worked on them when I could or when I had the coins. I know it took a year or more to get a couple of them done.

BTW (for Dreamangel) ... Nessie is one of my favorite decorations. I ended up getting 3 of them.

Again, thanks for the information here. This forum is such a great place to get helpful information!