Thread: Task stealer

Task stealer

Should you just get rid of a reserved task stealer immediately or wait & take their points & get rid of them before/after they collect the rewards?

I would say it depends.

What do your co-ops rules say about it?
    How many times has it happened?
    Are they an active co-op member who honestly made a mistake? ( Those happen sometimes)
    Or are they a person who doesn't communicate and doesn't add value to the co-op?

We have a 3 strikes rule in the co-op I'm in. Warning, Restrict, Boot. So for I've only had to restrict 1 person and they then booted themselves.
    Thanks,
    Gary
    Windows 10 PC
    Towns: Darkwood (Gary)
    Silver Lake (Alana)
    Co-op: Stronger Together #SR8NKN

Kindle
    Town: Toad Lick (Gary)

They have done it once before & apologised for the mistake. This time no apology. We have a no taking reserved task rule but do let it slide when honest mistakes are made. They are an active good player. I've never been keen on the restricted option. I just am worried if no action taken it may happen again. Thanks for your reply, appreciate it.

If you have a good player that gets tasks done and helps a lot then the restricted is probably better than kicking.
    I understand you don’t like it, but it is there to use and can be helpful.
    Restricting the player means you still have he/she fir next week, but also enforces your rule.
    However I would do it at the end of the week, Monday, so you don’t lose the points, which could mean being demoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marriottville View Post
    They have done it once before & apologised for the mistake. This time no apology. We have a no taking reserved task rule but do let it slide when honest mistakes are made. They are an active good player. ...
    Ask them in chat what the matter is, whether they forgot the rule. A silent player in a team is not "good+active", IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Marriottville View Post
    Should you just get rid of a reserved task stealer immediately or wait & take their points & get rid of them before/after they collect the rewards?
    Just to offer some additional information, it is possible that a reserved task can be taken and/or dumped by accident. I documented the popups that occur and how easy it is to do the wrong thing to a reserved task over in THIS POST

I'm not saying that this is what's happening to your co-op, just that you might want to investigate the possibility of it being a mistake before taking action based on the assumption that is was malicious and/or just plain selfish.