Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Advanced Agriculture Mini-Event

Ok, I'm bummed. It didn't work for me either but I thought it was a glitch or something and it would catch up. For a while I seemed like I was getting double. Then I checked recently and it wasn't. Like it changed.

Quote Originally Posted by ebliever View Post
    That's what they just said above.
    I just saw that. It was working for me. I gained 3k points last hour. Now the points are normal, so it changed.

Actually last I checked, I was short, which is why I thought it was a glitch or something. So it's not even counting all my ligit points now. Annoyed. I'm shutting this down for the night. No point in trying if the game is only going to count some of my points. Pfft...

fortunately after I closed out of my game and reloaded it the normal points were counted. I was going to be upset if it wasn't even going to count my normal points. Kind of disappointing to use that booster and not know before hand it wouldn't work for points. But it ended up being a big help in other ways and I placed 2nd so I'm good with that.

Final results from my group

Lousy T-Shirt.jpg

Can I get a wheat one????

Quote Originally Posted by gggillis View Post
    Can I get a wheat one????
    Sure thing

Crummy T-Shirt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Final results from my group

Lousy T-Shirt.jpg
    hey, had I known about getting this t-shirt, I would have done more in planting stuff!

I may have to have my wife make me one of those now

There is / was some discussion on the player FB page, you know the type of discussion, "How is it possible for somebody who........unless they were cheating.......". You all know that kind of discussion.

Anyway, I thought I'd run some numbers. We all have figured out that a constant harvest / plant / sell of wheat is the most profitable, most event points, and most tedious way of playing the event. We also have had a discussion in this thread about how the purple "Rich Fields" (-40%) booster interacts with the Professor's Experiment booster (2 x -10%, the 3rd -10% is not yet available to me). Are they "additive", "multiplicative", "order dependent"? Observations vary on that respect.

So, here's some numbers I posted on the FB page. Basically somebody with only 79 fields (the "winner in question") could conceivably score almost 5000 points per hour with the right combination of boosters.

Agriculture Event.jpg

Two things.

1) This may not be useful at this point, the event is over but it may be useful for the next time something like this comes up.

2) Having engaged in a number of followups on the FB group I am reminded why I avoid FB for anything else other than family.

3) I'm posting this here in case anyone of this more reasonable group of people find it interesting.

4) I'm washing my hands of it as I no longer care

There is / was some discussion on the player FB page, you know the type of discussion, "How is it possible for somebody who........unless they were cheating.......". You all know that kind of discussion.

Anyway, I thought I'd run some numbers. We all have figured out that a constant harvest / plant / sell of wheat is the most profitable, most event points, and most tedious way of playing the event. We also have had a discussion in this thread about how the purple "Rich Fields" (-40%) booster interacts with the Professor's Experiment booster (2 x -10%, the 3rd -10% is not yet available to me). Are they "additive", "multiplicative", "order dependent"? Observations vary on that respect.

So, here's some numbers I posted on the FB page. Basically somebody with only 79 fields (the "winner in question") could conceivably score almost 5000 points per hour with the right combination of boosters.

Agriculture Event.jpg

Two things.

1) This may not be useful at this point, the event is over but it may be useful for the next time something like this comes up.

2) Having engaged in a number of followups on the FB group I am reminded why I avoid FB for anything else other than family.

3) I'm posting this here in case anyone of this more reasonable group of people find it interesting.

4) I'm washing my hands of it as I no longer care
    Thanks for the math cdosr,
    Your post reminds me of the now old meme of "will come to bed soon darling, there's someone wrong on the interweb"
    As you know,posting on forum takes a bit more effort than on FB, therefore peels have to think a little harder. (With exceptions to prove the rule )
    In short, thanks again and Nil desperandum (o)