Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Advanced Agriculture Mini-Event

In my group I was first (by abt. 1000 points) before I went to bed. This morning I wasn’t anymore. Somebody had collected abt. 15,000 points.

I started to calculate. 30 wheat harvests per hour is not possible as you have to harvest and sow inbetween, so I calculated with 25 wheat harvests per hour:

25 x 122 (plots) x 8 (hours) = 24,400 points.

Which shows the 15,000 points over night were a poor performance!

All this not considering somebody applying the 30% booster.
    Last edited by Elvengirl; 01-12-2020 at 12:28 PM.
    Co-op: German Raiders
    Co-op Code: #GER4Q4
    Town: Hammabourgh
    Level: 144
    Platform: iOS

Ugh, I cant imagine sitting for 8 hours doing nothing but sowing and harvesting wheat! Im sure there was a combo of longer crops in there. Im doing quite well with 116 of cotton every 30 mins mixed with longer crops overnight and others when I need them. Ive been in 1st for a little over 24 hours.
    Android: Wasteda Way, level 93, Kilanderville #KNKVXL
    Windows: Northwood, level 13

You may not want to but you must.

I switched from wheat to corn and then to carrots just to give myself some time to do other things and not be too focused on the screen. That gives about 60% of the points wheat would, for 1/5 of the effort. And whenever I have something coming up that I needed to attend to (sleeping, showering, etc.) I just set a crop that matched the expected duration of the activity. As a result I'll be dragging my "team" across the finish line, barely. I have over 46K points so far out of 202K needed for the final prize, with no one else over 12K and we have 30K to go with 17 hours remaining...

Quote Originally Posted by ebliever View Post
    I switched from wheat to corn and then to carrots just to give myself some time to do other things and not be too focused on the screen. That gives about 60% of the points wheat would, for 1/5 of the effort. And whenever I have something coming up that I needed to attend to (sleeping, showering, etc.) I just set a crop that matched the expected duration of the activity. As a result I'll be dragging my "team" across the finish line, barely. I have over 46K points so far out of 202K needed for the final prize, with no one else over 12K and we have 30K to go with 17 hours remaining...
    That really is the key to this, mix and match the crops so you get the most you can out of the tme you can spend. Im a little housebound this weekend so I have the time and so Im closer to winning one of these minis than I have ever been. Its been fun to try to stay ahead of the only other groupmate who is actively trying. We got the first prize but we wont get the second unless a whole lotta people step it up.
    Android: Wasteda Way, level 93, Kilanderville #KNKVXL
    Windows: Northwood, level 13

You may not want to but you must.

I was surprised this morning when I logged into the game and I had gotten the final award. My group really wasn't that close when I quit last night but I felt it was entirely possible to get it before the event ended. I was sitting at about 7 or 8 last night and had dropped down to 16 or 17 because quite a few people worked hard during my sleeping hours.

I have managed to get myself to 11th and that will be the highest possible for me since it is time for me to get some sleep. I wouldn't doubt though if I drop to even 15th by the time it ends while I am sleeping. I'll take the prize for it though. Coins I wouldn't have otherwise. I did harvest more crops than I normally do since I have the barn space.

I just played my normal game although I worked harder on heli orders during the double payoff than I normally would. That paid off!

I ended up sixth in this nice event.
    In mining events I usually go for the extra Tools with minimal deployment and in the transport Event I play as I always play.

I liked this event, like the mining and transport tycoon. It‘s only three days and one always has the opportunity to earn extra rewards only by doing normal gameplay.
    Town: Monaco - 44BMN5
    Coop: Monaco Bagage - #MN8GZW

I also enjoyed this little harvesting event. I particularly liked how the 2x helicopter/plane reward was running in tandem; it was the perfect touch to making the effort to harvest worth it. Not only was I able to earn a nice pile of coin, I was able to help as much as possible with the increased productivity coming out of my factories. A very nice little event.

I like that Playrix is mixing it up and giving several different ways to earn the Mayor's Achievement. I was busy this weekend but managed to participate enough to help win the group awards and place high enough to earn a couple of hammers (tricky for that as I dropped back several levels overnight). I only really compete in the Transport Magnate. Don't participate at all in the mining. I'm intrigued by the upcoming factory event (and pleased to see it is also another group competition). So there are lots of different avenues to the Mayor's Achievement that allow for different playing styles. I like that. 👍

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

Quote Originally Posted by ebliever View Post
    I switched from wheat to corn and then to carrots just to give myself some time to do other things and not be too focused on the screen. That gives about 60% of the points wheat would, for 1/5 of the effort. And whenever I have something coming up that I needed to attend to (sleeping, showering, etc.) I just set a crop that matched the expected duration of the activity.
    This was my strategy as well and it worked as I finished in first, woohoo! I had to clean out my closet yesterday and unpack from a big trip so I just planted corn, cleaned a few things, planted again, repeat. I got a lot done around the house and still rose up from 4th place to first. Luckily I had the rich fields (speedy crop) booster, which was a significant advantage.

Not everyone has the skills to figure out the puzzles or be coordinated enough to ride forever on a snow board without falling off. Not everyone pays real cash and can spend tons of T-cash to advance in the events. But every single person in the game can harvest. I think this challenge was about as fair as it gets.
    I blame my 8 year old for my addiction
    Town: T & M Township (SPYF57)
    Town Level 103
    Platform: iPhone