Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Advanced Agriculture Mini-Event

I also think it does depend on your level and friends list what sorts of things you might be inclined to put more effort into. With the professors experiments event, I discovered that many of my neighbors needed people to ask for things because they didn't have enough opportunities to get the clovers we needed. Outside of that event, I have, maybe, 1 or 2 neighbors/peers in my group who ask for help, and I know that 1 of them asks specifically to provide opportunities for others, and not because he needs things. So the players in my group are more casual than in some other group.

I really notice it today as I look at the scores for our group. Only 1 person is really grinding away with the farming and she's waaaaaaaaaay ahead of everyone else. The rest of the group is really close with each other in points.

One thing I'm curious about, are the points for the group to earn relative to our level? I'm wondering if every group is aiming for the same total points, in order to get the group prizes. I ask because yesterday someone said their group was almost done with the first prize and would have the second by the next day. In looking at our group's progress, I don't think we will get the second prize, unless some players adjust their efforts. Just curious if someone can say if it's relative to level or not.

The points for the prizes do go up by level.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Since there isn't a global leaderboard, Playrix could cap this monotonous event. Competition would be to see who reaches, say, 100,000 first. The winner and any others reaching this goal (placing in order of finish) can then move on with life. To get the credit for the CM achievement, this event is rather sadistic.
    Míc Miller, ZAJDC4, t259:196+8, z200, iPad.
    Optimal Prime of The Beeline II co-op (#HE96YF) ~ the original "ultimate rules" township.
    "See the town Playrix should blow up – and hang on their wall!"

We have just achieved the last prize today.
    I haD a look at the levels in our group, the lowest player is 117 whilst the highest level is 207.
    It seems that Playrix still work on the fact that no matter what level you are over 100 you are classed as high level and can be placed with anyone at or over the 100 level.

It’s rare that I need to ask for help because I usually have supplies, however I will ask so others have a chance to get clovers.
    I also give help where I can therefore I always have a good supply of clovers.
    I have a good selection on my friends list with a variety of levels, from high to low, and all are active players daily.

I think it is unfair of Bo to assume that someone who has the time to waste growing crops is not a helpful player. I am an extremely helpful player & I enjoy growing my crops. It is partly why I am always able to help, I always have 40 of everything available. I am not lazy because I ask for help on every train, I do not earn coin from the trains but a helpful friend does, as well as those all too rare clovers. By the way I'm #1 in my group with over 25000 points because of my wasting time, I'm not at work, & like a lot of players I am virtually a shut in.

Everyone plays differently & takes pride in their town. We have all worked hard & I appreciate Playrix for their commitment to bring us different events that may meet our ability. So for someone to make assumptions about us by looking at our town hall numbers is insulting!

If you would like to see some big numbers I would like you to stop by Neighborhood Watch, we are a team that care for & support each other & our numbers show it!

I have noticed suspicious behavior in a person in the group. Sowing wheat contributes 467 points every 15/20 minutes at once, is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Vetiver View Post
    I have noticed suspicious behavior in a person in the group. Sowing wheat contributes 467 points every 15/20 minutes at once, is that possible?
    We could assume that the points are not calculated in real time

Quote Originally Posted by Vetiver View Post
    We have 123 fields of wheat to grow. The player may be using the 40% time reduction, so it takes 1min 12secs to grow.
    Which means that every 6 mins we can grow 615, so yes it is possible to do.
    The player is achieving 467 so obviously is not using all fields.
    Even without the booster and not using all fields it is possible to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    We have 123 fields of wheat to grow. The player may be using the 40% time reduction, so it takes 1min 12secs to grow.
    Which means that every 6 mins we can grow 615, so yes it is possible to do.
    The player is achieving 467 so obviously is not using all fields.
    Even without the booster and not using all fields it is possible to do.
    It has about 90 fields (level 59) although it has the reduction of time it would contribute 90 points each time. Contribute 467 points at once

I think this was a good idea in concept, and for some groups it's probably really nice to get all the good prizes. But our group has more than half who aren't growing any crops at all (either not playing, don't want to, etc.). So we haven't even earned the first group prize. I think the only people doing the event are the same people who win every event, and I also think that because the same handful of people win every event, the rest in the group don't bother trying. So then, I don't really enjoy trying to earn points "with a group" who aren't even playing.

I do like the double coins on orders, while this event was going on. I earned some good coin and built several things I've been waiting on.