Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Advanced Agriculture Mini-Event

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I have double crop booster and can confirm you DO NOT get any extra points in the event using it. Still only got 1 point for wheat and 2 points for corn etc.
    Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post

It looks to me like the same old leaderboard set up where we are competing against other players, much like the rest of these tired and meaningless events. There is also a bar across the top with some gift boxes that seems to be where they sum points for everyone on the list. So, we are both competing against and competing with the same bunch of players.

I just can't work up much enthusiasm for the chance to win a few slabs.
    The only mayor competition I can ever hope to place high in is the transport magnate. For all others I just do my normal play and whatever I win is a bit 'o icing on the cake. I am very happy to see a group goal again. I hope Playrix does more of that. Perhaps it will be a really good prize? At least it is a group goal again.

Are groups automatically created by coops or is there another group formation that I need to look for

Does anyone else besides me wish they could opt out of this event? Don't get me wrong - I love the mini events. Why wouldn't I dig down 5 levels in the mine to get lots of free mining tools, or why should I complain about getting double the amount of coins for sending off planes and helis? And I love the idea of working as a team with lots of strangers. But there's no way I'm going to be able to earn my share of the team points - is it 6 or 7 thousand points each? I'm not interested in coming first in the group, I'm not competing because the prizes don't particularly interest me, but I can't not harvest any crops for two days. I just feel so guilty that I'm letting the others down. I have my fingers crossed that there are others in my groups who feel the same so I'm not solely responsible for our failure

Quote Originally Posted by Kcspears View Post
    Are groups automatically created by coops or is there another group formation that I need to look for
    No. In these side events, players are put into competition groups individually with other players of your own level. This seems to be the same here as was done for Color Splash, bubblegum, fruit slicing, snowboarding, and the other mini-events. The twist is that we aren't just competing against these players for the individual rewards, we are also working with them to make enough points for the extra group rewards.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-10-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    But there's no way I'm going to be able to earn my share of the team points - is it 6 or 7 thousand points each? I'm not interested in coming first in the group, I'm not competing because the prizes don't particularly interest me, but I can't not harvest any crops for two days. I just feel so guilty that I'm letting the others down. I have my fingers crossed that there are others in my groups who feel the same so I'm not solely responsible for our failure
    I have been playing pretty much as normally and already have over 1400 points this morning. It helped that I've already had trains asking for over 50 corn then carrots. The points add up surprisingly fast. I think if you play very much over these three days you will get enough points to feel you contributed. Remember, the players competing for the top prizes will do thousands. Top player in my group already has 3745 only a few hours into the event. The higher they go, the less needed from everyone else to reach the group goal.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-10-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Lyons View Post
    The only mayor competition I can ever hope to place high in is the transport magnate. For all others I just do my normal play and whatever I win is a bit 'o icing on the cake. I am very happy to see a group goal again. I hope Playrix does more of that. Perhaps it will be a really good prize? At least it is a group goal again.
    The two group rewards are
    Goal 1: 5 topaz
    Goal 2: 15 tcash + dealer wait time booster + temporary barn increase booster

I love the event! You get prizes just for playing the game which is always a win You plant crops already, so just plant them and play. Then overnight plant a high value crop to boost the group towards the team goal.

Thank you for the early tips, btw. I planted silk and that gave me a strong lead this morning However, I need family time on the weekend so I expect I'll eventually fall behind. I'm just hoping my group wins the final group reward. Two boosters? Yes, please!

I lucked out and had the 40% crop time reduction. The double heli event is about to start so I paired it with the 30% factory time reduction booster so I can pump out some products with all these crops!

I kinda actually like this event. I'm really hoping the other people in my group want the group rewards as much as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    The two group rewards are
    Goal 1: 5 topaz
    Goal 2: 15 tcash + dealer wait time booster + temporary barn increase booster
    Thanks. Those are nice rewards!