Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's With All the Shovels

Well, I finally got enough saws to open a piece of land I've been wanting...and now I realize that I really have to open a different piece of land (one I'm less excited about but I need for new houses). So, it appears the game did me a favor, since I would definitely have opened the other piece of land if I'd got those saws earlier. Funny how things work.

Zealous, there are two of us in my coop, and we're both selling off approximately 10 shovels per day while getting nothing, NOTHING, of the other two. I'm sick of it. I've sent in a support ticket. This is seriously such BS. I've started selling off all shovels, as I have zero axes and zero saws. Shovels? By the end of today, if I play a lot, I' guarantee I'll have close to ten shovels again. It takes all the fun out of playing for me when the game is so seriously lop sided and nothing can be done to change it. This has been going on for at least a week now. I tried the "let if fill up" routine, thinking maybe then I'd get more of the other two. Nope, just more shovels. I'm beginning to remember why I quit playing for a year. Nothing seems to have changed.

Yea, this is sort of what I've been experiencing. I did get axes without waiting too long. But I've sold, probably, 20 shovels since this problem started and at least 8 axes. And I still have double on both of those items, because I just kept getting more and more...and more and more....I'm not at the quitting stage, since I play a pretty slow game, relative to others. But, when supplies don't come for that length of time, I visit my town fewer times per day (because expanding to where I want to build is my game and without supplies the game stops). Really the only thing that I come back for is things such as building my snowman, which I really wanted to finish before winter was over in my town, and queuing up my factories, and working on ingots for factories, so I can fill trains, to get supplies. But that gets boring after a while.

Always more shovels than saws. I sell shovels off to make more room in my barn. When doing a coin task in regatta you can sell off tools to get coin. 3 tools can be worth an average helicopter. That way you do not have to wait for the helicopter to return; makes the coin task quicker.

Hi, I just want to add a shovel observation. My trains are fully upgraded so Ive been hard at work collecting the slabs, jackhammers and power saws to finish my pool hall. I was getting at least 1 shovel in every train and I was selling half of them as I got more and more of the other things I needed because my barn is only 910 and I would run out of room periodically.

One day last week I decided to stop selling shovels, as others have suggested in other threads, and see what happened. As soon as I had 22 shovels in my barn I stopped getting them. I used a couple to expand some zoo land, and immediately started getting them again, until I got to 22 in the barn and then they stopped again.

Yesterday, I completed the pool hall and decided my next task is to upgrade the barn. I sold everything but barn tools and today I am getting at least 1 shovel in every train again! I have to wonder if 22 is the magic number for everybody, would love to hear if anyone else noticed this!
    Wasteda Way
    Kilanderville #KNKVXJ
    Android USA
    You may not want to but you must.

Quote Originally Posted by dnana1 View Post
    ...I have to wonder if 22 is the magic number for everybody, would love to hear if anyone else noticed this!
    alas, not here; mine never stop. I start selling them, when they're at least at 28 (which is simply when I notice them again ).
    My next expansion would need 19 shovels; I sell them down to 15, and they have reached 28 (or so) usually several times (!) again, before my axes and saws even come near their needed numbers (18+17).
    I have never seen them stop.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I have never seen them stop.
    Bummer. Its quite fun to see it happen, which is why I wrote it down. Its funny how everybody is having the same problem. Did the devs really decide that shovels were going to be the bane of every players existence??
    Wasteda Way
    Kilanderville #KNKVXJ
    Android USA
    You may not want to but you must.

Quote Originally Posted by dnana1 View Post
    ...Its funny how everybody is having the same problem. Did the devs really decide that shovels were going to be the bane of every players existence??
    I admit I have seen funnier thin<g>s.
    and, well, I don't know how one can influence "random" in programming, but my (and others') experience is that they manage to give us less of ONE of three in every context, be it tools, materials, event items...

I don't have any expansions to buy in town at the moment (although I still have lots left to get in the zoo, but I'm ignoring that), so usually I just sell all the tools to make space in my barn. I started saving tools when I heard there would be two new expansions in the next update, so from 0 of each then, I now have 47 shovels, 33 axes and 22 saws.

I find (in my experience) that if I have an expansion to buy, I usually get shovels first, and when I have enough of those I slowly start to get more axes, and then finally saws. But I have no idea how the zoo affects that, if at all.

If I sell shovels I get 150 coins, axes 200 coins, and saws 300 coins, so I'm guessing saws are meant to be rarer.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    For players who have all the land expansions already, according to rumour it's probably best not to sell shovels (you might need at least 60)
    Ooh! That IS encouraging news! Hope some land opens up in the Zoo as well!