Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's With All the Shovels

What's With All the Shovels

For days now, I and others in my coop have been receiving a weirdly large number of shovels in our trains.

This is the second set in a row that has brought me 4 shovels in 3 trains.

qgNgY9q.jpg

We are selling 5-10 shovels a day now.

The last set of 3 trains did at least have a hammer, but the saws especially are almost nonexistent.

I'm regularly selling off bricks and slabs as well, but that's not unusual.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-09-2020 at 08:47 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

For months on end I get them all the time. It is such a nuisance!
    Co-op: German Raiders
    Co-op Code: #GER4Q4
    Town: Hammabourgh
    Level: 146
    Platform: iOS

For players who have all the land expansions already, according to rumour it's probably best not to sell shovels (you might need at least 60)

There's not much point in accumulating shovels much faster than axes and saws. We need all three for town expansions. Right now, mine need 12 axes, 13 shovels, and 11 saws. My next zoo expansion only needs 7 shovels and 4 saws, but if I keep doing those to use up shovels, I'll never get enough saws for town expansion.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-09-2020 at 11:06 PM.
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    For players who have all the land expansions already, according to rumour it's probably best not to sell shovels (you might need at least 60)
    Thank you JJay! Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Thanks for telling! Is it possible to be more specific in regard to these rumours?
    Last edited by Elvengirl; 01-09-2020 at 11:33 PM.
    Co-op: German Raiders
    Co-op Code: #GER4Q4
    Town: Hammabourgh
    Level: 146
    Platform: iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Elvengirl View Post
    Thanks for telling! Is it possible to be more specific in regard to these rumours?
    I don't want to get myself into (more) trouble by spreading rumours but several (unofficial) Facebook groups are advising that it would be a good idea to collect about 60 of the land expansion tools for the next update

It will always be a little more than the last one was, but 60 would be a big jump. If it takes 60 shovels, how many axes and saws? Maybe 54 and 51? Or maybe it's 60 shovels for two expansions coming together. We rarely get just one.

In any event, they shouldn't be showering mid level players now with surplus shovels now.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-10-2020 at 12:32 AM.
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    It will always be a little more than the last one was, but 60 would be a big jump. If it takes 60 shovels, how many axes and saws? Maybe 54 and 51? Or maybe it's 60 shovels for two expansions coming together. We rarely get just one.

In any event, they shouldn't be showering mid level players now with surplus shovels now.
    The amount JJay mentions sounds like the amount we would need for 3 land expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post

I've been keeping 20 of each per expected expansions in the town + the zoo. 60 would seem just about right, +/- a couple.