Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's With All the Shovels

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    There's not much point in accumulating shovels much faster than axes and saws. We need all three for town expansions. Right now, mine need 12 axes, 13 shovels, and 11 saws. My next zoo expansion only needs 7 shovels and 4 saws, but if I keep doing those to use up shovels, I'll never get enough saws for town expansion.
    Sorry if I kind of hijacked your thread. My post was really for players who have expanded all their land already.

But I have found that, for me personally, the land expansions work in the same way as the barn and community buildings, in that I always get a lot of one of the items needed, and when I reach the goal for that item I start to get more of the second, and then, unless I can win the third material in events or regattas, I have to wait a (very) long time for it - probably to encourage me to spend.

I don't do my zoo. I decided to wait until I'd finished everything in my town - factories community buildings and land expansions - which I just did, and now I'm saving tools for the rumoured update, and although I have more shovels, actually the items are starting to even themselves out.

In my second town I have enough shovels for 2 expansions and not enough of the other two for even one (but I also don't have the population to build and extension)

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I don't want to get myself into (more) trouble by spreading rumours but several (unofficial) Facebook groups are advising that it would be a good idea to collect about 60 of the land expansion tools for the next update
    Thsnks JJay, from now on I am not going to sell land expansion stuff anymore.

But I have found that, for me personally, the land expansions work in the same way as the barn and community buildings, in that I always get a lot of one of the items needed, and when I reach the goal for that item I start to get more of the second, ...
    Yes, we've come to expect that for land and barn expansions, but this deluge of shovels is taking things to all new levels of imbalance.

Meanwhile, my barn items have been staying within 5 or 6 of each other ever since I was able to get in balance during the Lab event.

I get a LOT of shovels but I have not developed land in a long time, don't need it, don't want it. I send trains 4-5 times a day or more to get CB supplies and continue to have a problem balancing, but Dreadnaughts post in a different thread gave me a bit of light in this dark tunnel. Hang in there!
    Last edited by dnana1; 01-11-2020 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Thots

I was thinking about this thread after my most recent expansion. I have also received only shovels for the last couple days, since I used my expansion supplies. No other expansion materials other than shovels (I did get my last item for the barn though). So, it's pretty unbalanced for me too, compared to what typical for my game.

I don't want to get myself into (more) trouble by spreading rumours but several (unofficial) Facebook groups are advising that it would be a good idea to collect about 60 of the land expansion tools for the next update
    Should I also keep building materials? I'm hoping we'll get a break from buildings for a couple of updates. Any hints in that direction?

Quote Originally Posted by specialj501 View Post
    Should I also keep building materials? I'm hoping we'll get a break from buildings for a couple of updates. Any hints in that direction?
    Sorry for the delay in answering, I've not been on here today till now. Personally I haven't seen any posts about new buildings in the next update (although because it's beta that could change). Apologies for not being of more help

I agree with Mayfield, we will need axes and saws as well.
    So selling some saws to even out the numbers would make sense fir some, though it’s been said this doesn’t work.
    It does work for me, but I do sell any excess.

Ok, I'm getting pretty annoyed at this point. I have been waiting on saws for at least a couple weeks. It took 4 days to get 3 saws. Meanwhile, I'm getting 1-3 shovels on my trains. what...? Why do I have 12 shovels (it used to be 17 but I just used some with the saws I finally got) and 8 of the other tool (is it axes? i don't remember)...and then my last 6 trains, after my long awaited saws, give me freaking shovels. What is happening (retorical. I know what's happening. this game is trolling me).

So, has this changed for anyone who's mentioned it here? I am seriously stuck now because I am not getting any saws. And, I have been getting so many shovels I have sold some 2 times now because the balance becomes totally jacked. I have enough pop for 2 land expansions, as well as the other 2 tools. But I do not get saws. Only more shovels. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........