Thread: Mysterious Benifactor

Mysterious Benifactor

I have been a lucky recipient of repeated gifts from somebody who is not in my "friends" group - windows - no facebook - I would love to be able to thank them but have no idea who they are. Anybody have suggestions on how to "contact" them. "A Quiet Little Town" is the name. Could this be another "Ernie" situation? Thanks for listening.

I get those too and I figured out that if the person changes their town name, the balloon shows the name they had when you first met. Try searching through your friends for the person with the same profile pic.

I had the same for quite some time.
    Then one day the player turned up in my recent helpers list.
    I sent an invite but it sat there fir a while, however eventually I got a reply.
    The player was lower level, so maybe that’s why I didn’t get a friend request, because the player was just starting out.

I’ve no idea how the player found my town, or how my town was constantly showing up needing help to a lower level player.
    Maybe Ernie likes us to help get new players get going.
    Whatever the reason, new friends have been made and that’s a special touch from the game

Linzsoxal - Tried that and still can't find them. Thanks for the idea anyway - I appreciate you trying to help.

Cuddz - Thanks for the info - I appreciate you taking the time to try to help. I looked there also and again today but nope - nothing there. It's a mystery.

if you look in your friend icon under the 'find friends' tab, if the person has been helping in the last few hours you will usually see them there. that is how they find you as well-it will give you strangers to help in addition to your regular friends. the game rotates the other friends about your level to encourage friendliness and helping strangers. or you can look under the 'recent helpers' that will allow you to go to their town and friend them by tapping the person icon +. this will send them a message that you are looking to add them to your friend list. if their friend list is full it will not let you add them. you can also look on their co-op board for the co-op tag to come back another time and try to re-friend them later if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by WillowMist View Post
    if you look in your friend icon under the 'find friends' tab, if the person has been helping in the last few hours you will usually see them there. that is how they find you as well-it will give you strangers to help in addition to your regular friends. the game rotates the other friends about your level to encourage friendliness and helping strangers. or you can look under the 'recent helpers' that will allow you to go to their town and friend them by tapping the person icon +. this will send them a message that you are looking to add them to your friend list. if their friend list is full it will not let you add them. you can also look on their co-op board for the co-op tag to come back another time and try to re-friend them later if you like.
    The player I found was not in my find friends list. I doubt that would ever happen as the player was on a very low level, and I’m on a high level.
    Oma already stated the recent helpers list doesn’t help her in finding her beneficiary.

Just to add Oma, if you do find the player and send an invite, if they are full it will let you send the invite anyway and if the player wishes he/she can keep you on their pending list, in which case you will both see each other’s help required on the help tab.
    Hope you can find the player soon, please let us know if you do

Thanks to all for the info and feedback. I am level 74 and have been looking for this person for the past few months. Not bragging but for informational purposes - I have over 2500 help others's. I do not do face book, so am limited to the 51 the system allows. I have had to shift "friends" - that is soo hard to do - I don't like to "drop" people but I do want to add better friends when they send a request - I wish the system allowed more - it's a good team/better neighbor building function. I would like to find this generous gift giver just to let them know I appreciate their gifts and gift them so they know I appreciate them. It a good problem to have. Anyway - thanks again for careing and "Happy Holidays" everybody. I'll post if I ever find my Mysterious Benifactor.

I get gifts, but only in the mine, from a level 3 player not on my friend list and this person/account is inactive. Turns out I once played a different game (not playrix) against him/her, literally years ago, and so we are listed as “recent” competitors in GameCenter. I don’t know if I’d be getting these gifts anyway, or if they are extra. Or if I’m mysteriously helping someone somewhere!