Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Co-op Leaders - Support

Co-op Leaders - Support

If you are a Co-op Leader please introduce yourself and subscribe to this thread.

I go by the name Kama. I am posting this thread for leaders. I am the leader of Kamasutra Kingdom. I am level 70 and still have so much to learn. I would like to ask questions here if other leaders and get suggestions on issues I run into. Please post you’re here so that this thread may build leaders to support each other.
    Last edited by Kamasutra Town; 01-09-2020 at 10:20 AM.

I have a question for other leaders. I have someone who rarely does regatta join in this time. She took a task after I completed two within the same chest and then trashed it. I’m frustrated because of the ones I did took a long time etc. 1. It looks to me like this removes the entire chest from being gained, so essentially my time wasted, correct?
    2. How would you handle this situation? This is the first time anyone has ever trashed a task in our co-op.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasutra Town View Post
    I have a question for other leaders. I have someone who rarely does regatta join in this time. She took a task after I completed two within the same chest and then trashed it. I’m frustrated because of the ones I did took a long time etc. 1. It looks to me like this removes the entire chest from being gained, so essentially my time wasted, correct?
    2. How would you handle this situation? This is the first time anyone has ever trashed a task in our co-op.
    You are talking about Interseasonal regatta, right? cos you took 2 tasks in one chest.
    What do you mean with "trashed" then? did she let it time out and the chest SHOWS as failed, or did she just dump the task = she gave it back? then the task is available again to any other taker, and if the time is enough, can be done (incl. you, her, anyone else).

My answer, if she really ruined the chest, is at first: Do you not talk about this in Chat?
    You can be sure I would have asked her, and expected her anyway to tell her reasons on her own w/o being asked!
    This is a team effort - talk with the team!

besides, I would suggest to clarify such things (rules of the coop) when someone enters it already.

As it is now, and depending on her answer, I would consider doing the clarification NOW, for all, btw,
    and also announce the consequences for the next "failure" (if it was one). What this consequence is depends on the Coop rules and atmosphere - you can't suddenly become competitive, when you were relaxed - or silent - before.
    Last edited by _DD_; 01-09-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Sorry still learning. .
    Yes it was inter seasonal regatta. And we have discussed rules etc but she is one to ever chat. I’ve asked teammates to chime in with OK or with their questions and most did. Anyway, it was showing (in status) a Red Cross on her task with the other two tasks completed, marked with a a green check mark. I assumed she just couldn’t finished it and it timed out BUT this started happening to others and then myself and then Co-leader. I KNOW we had we’re not out of time and actually had plenty. I then had to assume it was not at her own fault regardless of her not responding in chat to me. What I want to understand is.... why would a red X show if the task has plenty of time and the co-leader nor myself threw away the chest while being worked on, or in the middle of being completed with the last task? How do know when the next seasonal regatta starts? Also, I read on wiki township, you should have 3-6 members team up for the chests (I get this), and one team “stay behind in the original co-op”. I do not understand this at all. I will post the exact paragraph I am referring to. Please let me know if you can explain this to me. Thank you so much!

Wiki Township says:
    Interseasonal Regattas are easier for smaller teams. Co-ops with more than 10 members should split up into smaller teams (3-6 seems to work well) for the week with one group staying behind in the original co-op.

Hi Kama,

Couple of questions.
    1. What is the persons rank in your co-op? On the IS regatta only leaders and Co's should be able to dump the chests.
    2. How long has the issue been going on with this person?

Co-op I'm leader of we have a 3 strikes rule. 1st strike is a warning, 2nd is a restriction to racing, 3rd is boot.
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) : WMZ83A, Silver Lake (Alana) 2QS589 Co-op : Stronger Together #SR8NKN
    Mobile: Toad Lick (Gary) 8KQNJ9 Heartland (Alana) NXQ7FV Co-op: Stronger Together #SRW9PH

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasutra Town View Post
    .... it was showing (in status) a Red Cross on her task with the other two tasks completed, marked with a a green check mark. I assumed she just couldn’t finished it and it timed out BUT this started happening to others and then myself and then Co-leader. I KNOW we had we’re not out of time and actually had plenty. I then had to assume it was not at her own fault regardless of her not responding in chat to me. What I want to understand is.... why would a red X show if the task has plenty of time and the co-leader nor myself threw away the chest while being worked on, or in the middle of being completed with the last task?
    The only time I've seen a "red X" on a task within a chest is if the person FAILED the task, usually due to timeout. If it's happening to multiple people on you team it would more likely be a bug / glitch of some sort. People who had completed tasks in that chest might want to check their task log an see if the chest itself has a "red X" on it as that might indicate that someone (leader / co-leader) dumped the entire chest while one or more people were working on tasks inside it. If that's the case those affected should see a message in the "Co-op Building Inbox", check there as well.

How do know when the next seasonal regatta starts?
    Seasonal regattas start immediately after the end of the Interseasonal ones, at 8AM UTC (which is currently the same as GMT, i.e., London Time) on Tuesdays. This is for the Android / iOS / Kindle players. I know at least one other platform starts on a different day.

Also, I read on wiki township, you should have 3-6 members team up for the chests (I get this), and one team “stay behind in the original co-op”. I do not understand this at all. I will post the exact paragraph I am referring to. Please let me know if you can explain this to me. Thank you so much!

Wiki Township says:
    Interseasonal Regattas are easier for smaller teams. Co-ops with more than 10 members should split up into smaller teams (3-6 seems to work well) for the week with one group staying behind in the original co-op.
    I will have to guess as I don't understand that Wiki recommendation either. But our team of 18 players had no problems completing all the chests and group goals within a few days. We certainly did not need the full 6 days. The only thing I can think of is that unlike regular regattas the chests remain on the board and are not replaced with a fresh chest until all 3 tasks are completed (or failed or the chest dumped). That would reduce the number of choices available so, on a large team, some folks may have to wait for a task. On the other hand, creating a new co-op or jumping around is not everyone's cup of tea although there are "hoppers" who really enjoy doing that. So, maybe the wiki is trying to split the difference.

My own opinion is to take that particular piece of advice / strategy with a grain of salt.

hi Kama,

Charlie (cdosr) has answered most of your questions, and I agree that you (all involved) should report that ingame as a bug. Only because of the collection of timeouts, and not as personal failure - emphasize that!
    So I can just add a few questions / remarks about your players or playing style:

Originally Posted by Kamasutra Town:
    Yes it was inter seasonal regatta. And we have discussed rules etc but she is one to ever chat.
    do you mean here "she always talks" or "she never talks"?
    (I would ask her in general for confirmation on important questions in Chat in both cases)

... it was showing (in status) a Red Cross on her task with the other two tasks completed, marked with a a green check mark. I assumed she just couldn’t finished it ... ...
    I then had to assume it was not at her own fault regardless of her not responding in chat to me.
    You're assuming a lot, hm? That's a risk (of going wrong) per se.
    But main point: Not responding in Chat - to ANY member who talks about ingame stuff - is simply a No-No IMO.

So, again: I'd suggest to get that clarified among your Coop partners again, that they have to answer in chat for Coop-related questions and remarks, and even better: tell about any problems or mistakes on their own. One can discuss such things quite factual then
    As you describe it, most seem to have understood it.

Also, I read on wiki township, you should have 3-6 members team up for the chests (I get this), and one team “stay behind in the original co-op”. I do not understand this at all. I will post the exact paragraph I am referring to. Please let me know if you can explain this to me. Thank you so much!

Wiki Township says:
    Additional to Charlie's assumption about not fighting too much for (the same) tasks, I think the suggestion means simply:
    If you start with a new Coop, you have fewer tasks, for each goal. We even do it often for a Coop with 2 racing players.
    That's due to the game counting the racing members of the last week(s) (forgot how many or which ones exactly), and it then starts with a number of tasks accordingly. I think there were listings here somewhere; sorry, I can't even keep the numbers for my little Coop in mind.

So in a Coop with many racing members (seasonal), they start in Interseasonal with a ton of tasks for reaching the goals, and the more ppl join in with doing tasks, the more tasks for the next goal(s) are added.
    That is also the reason why Hoppers start alone in a new Coop, and the others only help finally between the last two goals. (And they're going for the Coop rewards anyway, not the chests.)

So, 3 is a good number for getting one person per task in a chest, and the reason for the "up to 6": no idea; probably more assumptions or experience by the Wiki authors.

I also assume the suggestion "one group staying behind in the original co-op" is for keeping the original Coop, and its History. So the others can come back to their group after Interseasonal, or maybe they can have other visitors in Interseasonal.
    One must be aware, though, that THIS group will have the tasks amount of the original Coop, for Interseasonal, i.e. counted / set up from the number of racing members of the last weeks - if that were 10, the task amount will be quite BIG.

Hope this helps

As for as the 3-6 goes on the Wiki....

We are at 6 people in our co-op. And we "try" to keep 1 person per crate. Yes with 6 it means we do more crates than 3 people would but it makes it easier to communicate and keep track of what is going on.

IMO with more than 6 people would be a mess. We had 7 for 1 I.S. race and was not enjoyable at all.
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) : WMZ83A, Silver Lake (Alana) 2QS589 Co-op : Stronger Together #SR8NKN
    Mobile: Toad Lick (Gary) 8KQNJ9 Heartland (Alana) NXQ7FV Co-op: Stronger Together #SRW9PH

Thank you for your advice. ♥️🙏

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    The only time I've seen a "red X" on a task within a chest is if the person FAILED the task, usually due to timeout. If it's happening to multiple people on you team it would more likely be a bug / glitch of some sort. People who had completed tasks in that chest might want to check their task log an see if the chest itself has a "red X" on it as that might indicate that someone (leader / co-leader) dumped the entire chest while one or more people were working on tasks inside it. If that's the case those affected should see a message in the "Co-op Building Inbox", check there as well.

Seasonal regattas start immediately after the end of the Interseasonal ones, at 8AM UTC (which is currently the same as GMT, i.e., London Time) on Tuesdays. This is for the Android / iOS / Kindle players. I know at least one other platform starts on a different day.

I will have to guess as I don't understand that Wiki recommendation either. But our team of 18 players had no problems completing all the chests and group goals within a few days. We certainly did not need the full 6 days. The only thing I can think of is that unlike regular regattas the chests remain on the board and are not replaced with a fresh chest until all 3 tasks are completed (or failed or the chest dumped). That would reduce the number of choices available so, on a large team, some folks may have to wait for a task. On the other hand, creating a new co-op or jumping around is not everyone's cup of tea although there are "hoppers" who really enjoy doing that. So, maybe the wiki is trying to split the difference.

My own opinion is to take that particular piece of advice / strategy with a grain of salt.

Hi there DD, thank you very much for all the time you put into giving me some information. It did help me understand some things better.