Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Building Materials & Co-ops

  1. #1

    Building Materials & Co-ops

    To start this, let me just say that I have read the guides and how-tos in the "New Player" section. I have tried the strategy of selling off building supplies that you have too many of so that the train will send what you need. This is NOT WORKING!!!!

    Here's my dilemma. Prior to reading the "New Player" section, where y'all talked about only having 1 community building going at a time, I went ahead and built the community buildings as usual, like I had in all the other levels, as I was able to complete them with no problems. I ended up with 4 buildings that I can't complete because I don't have enough materials. The one that needs the least amount of materials needs something like 10 glass, 16 bricks, and 9 slabs (this is just an approximation - I can't remember the exact numbers. I'm on level 39-ish, if this helps). I had like 16 slabs but only 3 or 4 glass and bricks. I took y'alls advice and sold all of the slabs so that I had only the amount needed. I couldn't wait till the next train came with my glass and bricks! But no, it wasn't to be. What did ALL THREE of my trains bring me? MORE FREAKING SLABS!!!! I don't want to pay "real" money to complete these buildings, but it's getting quite tempting.

    Also - I never really knew much about the Regattas or any other aspect of this game - I'm not really a "gamer" and just stumbled upon this game and got hooked. Now that I've been reading this forum and learning about the ins-and-outs of the game - especially with the co-ops and regattas - I decided to check up on my co-op's stats. I have like 27 "helps" to my name - I'm always helping others to unload my items, and because it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy but most of the ppl in my co-op have ZERO "helps!" This seems kinda rude! Shouldn't everyone be helping each other? Plus, it seems like I'm one of the only ones that actually do the regatta activities. This is probably obvious - should I join a different co-op? What criteria do y'all use when choosing a co-op to join?

    Sorry for the long post!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by phunkymunkey View Post
    To start this, let me just say that I have read the guides and how-tos in the "New Player" section. I have tried the strategy of selling off building supplies that you have too many of so that the train will send what you need. This is NOT WORKING!!!!

    Here's my dilemma. Prior to reading the "New Player" section, where y'all talked about only having 1 community building going at a time, I went ahead and built the community buildings as usual, like I had in all the other levels, as I was able to complete them with no problems. I ended up with 4 buildings that I can't complete because I don't have enough materials. The one that needs the least amount of materials needs something like 10 glass, 16 bricks, and 9 slabs (this is just an approximation - I can't remember the exact numbers. I'm on level 39-ish, if this helps). I had like 16 slabs but only 3 or 4 glass and bricks. I took y'alls advice and sold all of the slabs so that I had only the amount needed. I couldn't wait till the next train came with my glass and bricks! But no, it wasn't to be. What did ALL THREE of my trains bring me? MORE FREAKING SLABS!!!! I don't want to pay "real" money to complete these buildings, but it's getting quite tempting.

    Also - I never really knew much about the Regattas or any other aspect of this game - I'm not really a "gamer" and just stumbled upon this game and got hooked. Now that I've been reading this forum and learning about the ins-and-outs of the game - especially with the co-ops and regattas - I decided to check up on my co-op's stats. I have like 27 "helps" to my name - I'm always helping others to unload my items, and because it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy but most of the ppl in my co-op have ZERO "helps!" This seems kinda rude! Shouldn't everyone be helping each other? Plus, it seems like I'm one of the only ones that actually do the regatta activities. This is probably obvious - should I join a different co-op? What criteria do y'all use when choosing a co-op to join?

    Sorry for the long post!
    Hi, and welcome to the forum!

    Regarding the strategy for building CBs and getting the necessary building materials, you have to keep in mind that these tips are given by other players from their own experience, what worked for them and what didn't. If you take a look back, these strategies are recommended by players that started playing ~5yrs ago (or more), and they tested and re-tested them.

    Most of the players find that it's really helpful to follow their advice, but there are some that don't really see a difference. It's up to you how you want to proceed forward. Given that this forum is for players to help other players, you won't get a definitive answer about the game's inner workings, just friendly advice.

    As for co-ops, my advice would be yes, find a better co-op. There are so many co-ops out there, and so many reasons for them to not be helpful. If you randomly chose a co-op from the list suggested to you in the search window, you might've stumbled upon a "dead co-op", where the players don't even log in the game anymore, they're just there.

    In order to find an active co-op, you can either search for one in the Co-op Ads thread, and look for one that matches your racing style, or post an ad in the Player Ads thread and wait for someone to contact you (read the first post in both threads for more info). You can always keep looking in the Co-op search window, but first check out the stats of the towns (especially the leader - it's no fun being in a co-op with an inactive leader) to see if they are active (help stats).

    Good luck!
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

  3. #3
    Thank you for your response. After a few days of trying the "sell-off-extra-building-materials" strategy, it finnally started to work! Yay! I was able to open 2 community buildings in a row AND upgrade my barn within the span of 2 days or so. Now, on to find a good co-op... any suggestions?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by phunkymunkey View Post
    ...Now, on to find a good co-op... any suggestions?
    lol, you don't expect a Moderator to answer that? and all the suggestions of others are in the thread to which dread gave you the link in the last paragraph above. Click on the blue words, read through the last pages (have the newest ads), and good luck!

  5. #5
    I have browsed all of the pages in blue but can not find ANY that are for a Mac.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by phunkymunkey View Post
    I have browsed all of the pages in blue but can not find ANY that are for a Mac.
    Then you can [either publish your own advertisement as player in the other thread that dread gave you,
    and/or you can]

    post in the Mac-thread and ask the others there, how THEY found their Coops.

    Click on the underlined words to go there, and there, use "Reply to thread" for a new post.

    edit: Just saw that you did post an ad, so, added brackets above. Well done, and maybe someone will react
    Plus you can still search in the game, and check them out, both the help displays of the members in the Coop listing
    and the Coop statistics re earlier regatta winning.
    For the latter, click in a Coop building under their name on this icon:

    Attachment 52610 (tap to enlarge)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •