Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancelling multiple community buildings on your land

Cancelling multiple community buildings on your land

Is it possible to cancel multiple community buildings you may have placed on your land (possibly by accident) in order to get the materials you need for just one of them? For example, I have the Ferris Wheel, Roller Coaster, TV Tower/TV Station, Hotel (awaiting materials to complete them) and most recently the stadium currently in progress and will definitely need materials to complete that as well.

Steve

IMG_1833.jpg

Township: Steviebabs
    Town Code: 6MMJL4
    Township Level: 44
    Co-Op: Cidades Unidas
    Co-Op Tag: #CD3ESJ
    Playing on iOS - iPad Pro and iPhone 11
    Playing since October 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Steviebabs View Post
    Is it possible to cancel multiple community buildings you may have placed on your land (possibly by accident) in order to get the materials you need for just one of them? For example, I have the Ferris Wheel, Roller Coaster, TV Tower/TV Station, Hotel (awaiting materials to complete them) and most recently the stadium currently in progress and will definitely need materials to complete that as well.

Steve

IMG_1833.jpg
    Sorry Steve, but once a building has been placed you are stuck with it. This is the biggest mistake new players make. You do not have to build everything as soon as it's available. Plan for many weeks of collecting building materials. Better get those trains upgraded so they're coming in rapidly and from now on only build one building at a time! Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Steviebabs View Post
    Is it possible to cancel multiple community buildings you may have placed on your land (possibly by accident) in order to get the materials you need for just one of them? ...
    Clever idea but it is, as specialj says, and I'd like to add the hint to read through this thread. It will give you some more ideas, what to be aware of. Also, check the stickies in the TS subfora for helpful info.
    At the moment, do one CB after the other (you can sell surplus of one material, should it happen).
    Wishing you much patience (for now) and (in general) Happy gaming!
    Last edited by _DD_; 01-05-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Really, though, it is way past time the developers fixed their obviously poorly designed algorithms to get rid of this problem.

This is a game. It should not be be necessary to assign people homework just to be able to play and make progress. A well designed game can accommodate a wide range of playing styles, not force everyone down to one, single-file path.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Really, though, it is way past time the developers fixed their obviously poorly designed algorithms to get rid of this problem.

This is a game. It should not be be necessary to assign people homework just to be able to play and make progress. A well designed game can accommodate a wide range of playing styles, not force everyone down to one, single-file path.
    Would love it if they did but doubtful they ever will.
    This has been going on since the start of the game, so whatever their reasons it looks like they have no intention of changing it, but who knows?
    I agree the game should accommodate different playing styles, maybe a but more info when players first download the game would be helpful, perhaps a tips section or something similar.

I don't know. While I do find some of the rules frustrating, like ones that insist on certain buildings or not being able to sell some once they're built, etc., I feel like the game has some of these limitations as a feature rather than a mistake (if that makes sense). Myself, I like trying to figure out what I will build, plan where I will build it, decide what land I will develop and what land I won't. Without the forced limitations that part of the game is gone and it's more like a sandbox type game. Nothing wrong with those type games. But I like trying to work within the limitations as it makes it more interesting for me. Perhaps I'm alone in that idk.

hst, It is definitely annoying when you start a game, guns blazing, and THEN realize there are limitations you were unaware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    ... Perhaps I'm alone in that idk.

hst, It is definitely annoying when you start a game, ....
    no, I think it's a quite good explanation that it's a feature, but you might be alone in knowing what "hst" means here; as an abbreviation, all I find is "High Speed Train"...

Keep slogging away at it, you will get everything you need eventually. Upgrading your trains to at least 50% faster really helps but it is still a grind. The algorhthym seems to be perverse...I currently need bricks, drills, and jackhammers to complete the shipyard. I send trains constantly at 45% faster, 10-12 a day or more, and I get back glass from every train, bricks and slabs very rarely, not even 2 per day. Currently, my tool exchange is offering me 3 deals for bricks and slabs only.

I have always been suspicious that the game knows what we need and purposely does not give it to us so we get tired of dealing with it and spend tcash and I resist that temptation until I spend it on MY terms.
    Android: Wasteda Way, level 93, Kilanderville #KNKVXL
    Windows: Northwood, level 20

You may not want to but you must.

I agree with pretty much everything in this thread! I'm at level 101 and been in the game for over a year and I became a "victim" 🤪 of having numerous constructions underway in Town and Zoo when the Supposedly Helpful "Tool Exchange" came into play. I'm still a few Community Buildings away from being "caught up" and it's really stretching My patience but I am still plugging along for My Town. That said however; I am so Frustrated because I have NOT been able to finish even One of Many Zoo Enclosures!! I still have a lovely bunch of animals that live in a Book! I have never seen the supposedly reduced costs or the other helpful things to compensate us to poor💸💸Mayors. If they did make those adjustments I personally have Not noticed. Either way I still plead for the developers to make better adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    no, I think it's a quite good explanation that it's a feature, but you might be alone in knowing what "hst" means here; as an abbreviation, all I find is "High Speed Train"...
    lol hst= having said that.