Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allow use of cut and paste in chat

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I don't know where that came from but I don't think it makes any sense.

In game chat isn't public. In any event, the person who posts is responsible for content, regardless of where the individual words or letters came from and none of it has anything to do with privacy.

If Playrix was concerned about privacy, abuse or liability from copy-paste, then they wouldn't allow it in Windows either. Btw, I can also paste into chat in iOS if I do it into the line above the keyboard rather than the chat box. I think that may have been added as part of the edit capability.
    I play on an IPad and it will not allow a paste in the window above the keyboard. I also don’t understand this privacy/liability issue.
    I don’t have a computer so it’s not a reasonable option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Due to privacy Playrix will not allow copy and paste from chat.
    I understand your need to translate and fir that it would be great, however it could also be subject to abuse.
    I'm on android and I can paste something I have copied from google translate into my co-op chat I can't see how to copy anything from chat however.

Exactly, you can paste into chat. You cannot copy to paste outside of chat.

As I explained earlier... if you choose to type something from chat to an outside source, that is your responsibility, however If Playrix allowed it the responsibility would rest with them.

I agree that copying to a translator would probably not cause problems, however the rules have to cover all bases.
    To allow copy and paste would mean all conversations, or part of, could be copied to anywhere, and could open the possibility of privacy issues.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Have Playrix ever said that this is the reason they don't allow copy and paste (apparently only on some platforms)?
    Not in so many words, however I got myself into trouble in this forum fir what they said was a matter of violating privacy issues when I posted about something we had discussed in chat.
    So, with the explanation they gave me at that time, I can well understand why their rules are in place.

Exactly, you can paste into chat. You cannot copy to paste outside of chat.

As I explained earlier... if you choose to type something from chat to an outside source, that is your responsibility, however If Playrix allowed it the responsibility would rest with them.
    I highly doubt it. If people copying and pasting from various sites whether that be a game, or social media, made the owners of these sites liable, they would all be unable to function.

Not in so many words, however I got myself into trouble in this forum fir what they said was a matter of violating privacy issues when I posted about something we had discussed in chat.
    So, with the explanation they gave me at that time, I can well understand why their rules are in place.
    Unless you mention something that can identify another player, I have never heard of not being allowed to discuss conversations from our co-op chat. Although most people, not just Playrix would frown upon someone getting personal.

If Playrix have not actually stated they won't allow copy and paste because of privacy issues, is this only an assumption based on a personal experience you have had regarding discussing something you shouldn't have?
    Last edited by Downton; 01-05-2020 at 05:09 AM.

No it isn’t a personal thing, it’s a matter of how privacy laws work. Something I do have experience with.

I have tried to explain, but I’m not good at that.
    So I will leave it alone, sorry.