Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allow use of cut and paste in chat

Allow use of cut and paste in chat

It would be nice if the developers could allow cut and paste in the chat function. It makes it very difficult to converse with people from different countries. Allowing cut and paste would let someone perform a google translate from a different app to be easily placed into the chat function. As it is now, a person has to perform the translate on a different device and type out the translation which is frustrating when auto correct wants to get a hold of every foreign word and change it. I have chatted with other members in my coop about this and they agree.

I agree with you 100%. This has been asked for so many times before but I've never seen a response from Playrix. They advertise the game as bringing people together from around the world, but then make it extremely difficult for them to communicate. I would love to see a copy and paste function in chat.

FYI, I play on Windows laptop and can paste from Google translate into chat. Just can't copy from chat to Google translate. Also, if I have a lot to say, I will type it in a Word program, then copy and paste section by section into chat.

Due to privacy Playrix will not allow copy and paste from chat.
    I understand your need to translate and fir that it would be great, however it could also be subject to abuse.

How would copy and paste allow for abuse that just typing doesn't?

If the Windows version of the game does allow it, then I don't think their concern.

I am glad, though, that we have finally found something the Windows version does better than the mobile versions.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-03-2020 at 10:56 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    How would copy and paste allow for abuse that just typing doesn't?

If the Windows version of the game does allow it, then I don't think their concern.

I am glad, though, that we have finally found something the Windows version does better than the mobile versions.
    I have no idea, but those are Playrix rules fir whatever reason.

Although I woukd think if you type something then you are taking on the responsibility of any privacy issues, whereas if you are allowed to copy and paste it the responsibility rests with Playrix.
    So I guess it’s their cover.

I don't know where that came from but I don't think it makes any sense.

In game chat isn't public. In any event, the person who posts is responsible for content, regardless of where the individual words or letters came from and none of it has anything to do with privacy.

If Playrix was concerned about privacy, abuse or liability from copy-paste, then they wouldn't allow it in Windows either. Btw, I can also paste into chat in iOS if I do it into the line above the keyboard rather than the chat box. I think that may have been added as part of the edit capability.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-04-2020 at 02:03 AM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Pasting into chat doesn’t apply with privacy matters.
    Maybe you could ask Playrix why they have this rule?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Due to privacy Playrix will not allow copy and paste from chat.
    Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. How would typing something into a translation tool, translating to a different language, copying, and posting in chat be a violation of any privacy rules?

If you're talking about copying something from chat, we can already do that manually using a pen and paper, or simply by taking a screenshot.

Have Playrix ever said that this is the reason they don't allow copy and paste (apparently only on some platforms)?