Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm pretty sure that elephant is supposed to be a mastodon or mammoth, so it's probably pretty dead, though nicely preserved in his block of ice.

Imo, it's still winter is a totally lame argument. Christmas decorations go up after Thanksgiving and come down on New Years or, for some, after Jan 6. The rest of January and February may still have snow, but not decorated Christmas trees, Santa's, candy canes and such.

My problem with all the winter stuff is that, apart from decorations that work in the snowy area of the zoo, the rest is only usable for a month or two if your town style is trying for plausible. For me, that's lot of tcash for something to put once a year for a few weeks.

Imo, regardless of season, an event named color splash should have bright, colorful decorations, like the carousel in the event center.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-02-2020 at 10:09 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post

Imo, it's still winter is a totally lame argument. Christmas decorations go up after Thanksgiving and come down on New Years or, for some, after Jan 6. The rest of January and February may still have snow, but not decorated Christmas trees, Santa's, candy canes and such.
    Lol Most people in the world don't celebrate Thanksgiving. And many people who live in Eastern Europe, some parts of Africa, and Israel, haven't even celebrated Christmas yet, and won't till January 7th. And of course in the southern hemisphere it's the middle of summer, so no idea what people there think of the snowy decorations!

That was my point. Why do they impose snow on all of us for three months when it isn't relevant for many of their customers? And why especially for an event named for color?

I've seen posts in a different game forum from people in the Southern hemisphere who don't appreciate the developer art convention that Christmas = winter and snow. I grew up in part of California with no snow and strings of Christmas lights spiraling up the trunks of palm trees. Maybe next year they can give us some of those Christmas palm trees.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-02-2020 at 10:56 PM.
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I grew up in part of California with no snow and strings of Christmas lights spiraling up the trunks of palm trees. Maybe next year they can give us some of those Christmas palm trees.
    Feliz Navidad

Feliz Navidad.jpg

Wow. Somebody even decorated the fronds! Usually I've seen just the trunks all lit up. Some public spaces have white lights on them year around.

I found this blog about Christmas palms in Florida with lots of great pictures.

http://majikphil3.blogspot.com/2014/...alm-trees.html
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-03-2020 at 01:04 AM.
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post

The Hot springs are a good addition to my Winter sports Resort.
    A great place to stay after a day on the Ski slope or any winter activity.
    And of course there is the après ski in the bar of the Winter resort hotel. ............

This is a great idea Ruud. I am going to try and make a space for a Winter sports resort over the next couple of weeks. Making use of some of my Wintry decs, and of course the new ones

BTW That's one of the newish houses in your pic isn't it? What a clever idea, it fits in very well as a hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    This is a great idea Ruud. I am going to try and make a space for a Winter sports resort over the next couple of weeks. Making use of some of my Wintry decs, and of course the new ones

BTW That's one of the newish houses in your pic isn't it? What a clever idea, it fits in very well as a hotel
    Thank you Downton
    The hotel is indeed the house with balconies that became available recently.
    Curious to see your new area; waiting for grand opening
    Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 120/Android

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    • Almost Winter
    • Winter
    • Still Winter
    • Potholes

Just the same here,

Still working on my new goal: development of the Dinosaurs display as part of a Dino Forest in the Zoo.
    Fairytale Woods.jpgFairytale.jpgDino fotest.jpg
    Just some pics to show time passing by in my Fairytale Forest.
    The Iced Mammoth is the Color splash deco in that area.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 01-06-2020 at 01:10 AM.
    Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 120/Android

As I remember we didn’t get the Winter update until well into December, by which time players were asking where it was.
    Going on past history it will be gone in the next update, which will be the January one.
    No idea where 3months comes from lol.

But now there are complaints it is still there...smh...can’t please everyone...can’t win lol