Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Museum updates

Thanks everyone! I'm feeling better again. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    ...The last collection added (History's Greatest Mysteries) begins at a depth of 11,700

No mention of a "depth at which collections disappear"
    I see. Thanks, Charlie
    Amazing, am wondering how the Wiki author came to that conclusion at all, with the depths. Maybe they wrote just down their experience, where they found it (or, as I remember vaguely that BrendonL mentioned some centuries ago, that he couldn't read the program anymore - maybe it was from before that point).

Well, the not-mentioned part then is the re-assuring thing, and we won't create it.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I see. Thanks, Charlie
    Amazing, am wondering how the Wiki author came to that conclusion at all, with the depths. Maybe they wrote just down their experience, where they found it (or, as I remember vaguely that BrendonL mentioned some centuries ago, that he couldn't read the program anymore - maybe it was from before that point).

Well, the not-mentioned part then is the re-assuring thing, and we won't create it.
    I seem to remember something that Brendon said, that he could read the program data and that's how he got a whole lot of information about game items, tool requirements, costs, etc. The amount of information about the academy of science and all the upgrade requirements couldn't possibly come from individual experiences, same for the zoo shops when they were a thing.

However, I think you're right, that information can no longer be gleaned and all further information in the wiki has come from recording experiences during gameplay. Thankfully there are a lot of people here and on the FB pages who are happy to share what they learn as new things are introduced. I certainly appreciate their efforts.

I'm pretty sure that artifacts that are missed become available deeper down. I know that there have been a few that I have missed due to explosives or a shaft, but I have eventually completed all the mine collections

So in exploring the wiki for information pertinent to this thread I discovered something I never knew.

Further down on this wiki page there is a list of the collections available, clicking on any collection takes you to a page with the details on what's in it.

Island Artifacts.jpg

Notice the "Island" column! I never knew that certain artifacts had an affinity for a particular island. I've always assumed any island could return any artifact, that random chance, sometimes called dumb luck, would eventually return an artifact.

So, I was trying to complete the island collections, needed only 1 more vase to finish all 207 collections. Using the information from the wiki as to which island to try, I send 4 ships to Olivia with platinum ingots and viola, the first ship brought back the final vase!

I continue to be amazed at the amount of information available on the wiki. For all the years of playing I'm still learning new things from there. Thanks to past, present, and future contributors to the wiki

Wow very interesting Charlie. I already have all my artifacts, but bet I could have saved myself some wasted ingots if I had seen this on the Wiki. Genuinely never entered my head, specific islands were connected to particular artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    ...Notice the "Island" column! I never knew that certain artifacts had an affinity for a particular island. ...
    Wow indeed! Thanks for mentioning this discovery here, Charlie!
    and to the Wiki contributors

Just want to add, if you tap the item you are missing in the museum, it tells you where to look for it, sea chest, which island, mine, etc. I found that out accidently months ago, but I dont purposely do things to get museum items, I let it be a nice surprise when I complete one and get the TC.

Quote Originally Posted by dnana1 View Post
    Just want to add, if you tap the item you are missing in the museum, it tells you where to look for it, sea chest, which island, mine, etc. I found that out accidently months ago, but I dont purposely do things to get museum items, I let it be a nice surprise when I complete one and get the TC.
    That's interesting dnana. I never knew that either! I didn't go out of my way to get artifacts until I got close to completing them all. I found then it was much harder and I had to try specifically to get anything with my ships.

Quote Originally Posted by dnana1 View Post
    Just want to add, if you tap the item you are missing in the museum, it tells you where to look for it, sea chest, which island, mine, etc. ...
    another Wow, thanks!