Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Museum updates

Museum updates

Hi, does anyone know whether there are plans to add collections to the museum? Thanks :-)

Hi Sjenna welcome to the forum Yes, it sounds like there are plans to add more museum collections See this thread that was kindly posted by JJay:

An interview with the developers

It is mentioned in the above interview. Ruud has also posted further down that they are requesting ideas for what these collections should be. If you don't use Facebook, I think one of our FB users here on the forum would be kind enough to post your suggestions for you

ETA It sounds like your ideas should still be regarding collecting artifacts from the Mine and the Islands.
    Last edited by Downton; 12-29-2019 at 09:49 AM.

The idea was to make a call for this. There is, however, a dark edge to this question. Partly due to the mine event, many players have already descended quite deep into their mine. Adding new artifacts to the mine depth already covered is 'missed out' for them. Playrix should come up with a solution for that ....
    Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 119/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    The idea was to make a call for this. There is, however, a dark edge to this question. Partly due to the mine event, many players have already descended quite deep into their mine. Adding new artifacts to the mine depth already covered is 'missed out' for them. Playrix should come up with a solution for that ....
    Wait, what? Do you mean that if we go too deep and haven't completed the early collections that we will never find those artifacts we "passed up"? That's really upsetting if so. How do we know when we've gone too deep to find a given set of artifacts? I've only seen minimum depth lists for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ebliever View Post
    Wait, what? Do you mean that if we go too deep and haven't completed the early collections that we will never find those artifacts we "passed up"? That's really upsetting if so. How do we know when we've gone too deep to find a given set of artifacts? I've only seen minimum depth lists for them.
    That can't possibly be the way it works so I wouldn't get too worked up about artifacts being "forever lost" by not revealing every single piece of dirt in the mine. It's much more likely that artifacts, just like everything else in the mine, are sprinkled through the level as it is being generated / revealed as you dig down. And that they will continue to be generated as long as you haven't found them all.

Quote Originally Posted by ebliever View Post
    Well it was something that slipped my mind while I was thing about creating that new thread and I think it is really possible that the algorithm on where to find those artifacts has 'placed' them on the road you already traveled.

I visited my Museum and matched its content with the list on our TS Wiki. After doing that I found out I already missed some artifacts.
    An often asked request for going the way up in your mine is (still) on the no go list.

So Playrix can expect a lot of complaints if the addition of new artifacts excludes players who are much further in the game.
    Not like the discussion on flags and old Zoo that they miss what they had, but that they don't even have a change on collecting these new articles.
    And never the less the missed Tcash for every completed collection of those new artifacts.

And then I have not considered whether such an algorithm applies to the number of times the area where the four islands are located.
    Fingers crossed that at least new artifacts will be available overthere for every one of us.

ETA: cdosr, I sincerely hope you are right about this
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 12-29-2019 at 04:22 PM.
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 119/Android

I visited my Museum and matched its content with the list on our TS Wiki. After doing that I found out I already missed some artifacts.
    I'd be willing to bet that Charlie's assumption is right, how it works. It will "renew" rather than be fix - the latter would need much too much server space.
    What on the Wiki made you believe you could have missed something? is there a relation to level or depth?

Charlie is right. An artefact is generated as long as a player collect the 3 copies. After that, the artefact will not be seen again.

When Playrix add new artifacts, no matter how deep we are, we will find the 3 copies needed to complete a set. It has been done many times before without problems.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 210, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Thank you Charlie, DD and Graylady. Again proof of how valuable long-term players are on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    What on the Wiki made you believe you could have missed something? is there a relation to level or depth?
    There is a small sentence in the wiki for the museum that mentions "depth"

Artifacts from the Archaeology collections are found by excavating them in the Mine.
    • New artifacts are available to be discovered after reaching certain depths within the mine.
    Later on the page it lists the various collections and the "depth" at which they being to show up, partial view below.

Mine Artifacts.jpg

The last collection added (History's Greatest Mysteries) begins at a depth of 11,700

No mention of a "depth at which collections disappear"