Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mining Event

Mining Event

I notice that when these are on some people go WAY out in front on the leaderboards, so clearly are concentrating on max depth and not picking up ore, gems, artifacts, etc on the way if it would require more tool usage.

I am just wondering if artifacts are missed like this does it mean the collections will never get completed? Or in the long run less ore will be collected? Is there actually a bottom to the mine or has no-one found it yet???? LOL

Ta

From what i remember there is no bottom to the mine.
    By concentrating on depth, you are missing out on ore, chests gems etc, as you go, but it depends how you count it, because you will get the usual amounts later as you play normally.
    You will not lose artefacts as these will show later when you start to use the mine in the usual way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousytrap View Post
    I notice that when these are on some people go WAY out in front on the leaderboards, so clearly are concentrating on max depth and not picking up ore, gems, artifacts, etc on the way if it would require more tool usage.

I am just wondering if artifacts are missed like this does it mean the collections will never get completed? Or in the long run less ore will be collected? Is there actually a bottom to the mine or has no-one found it yet???? LOL

Ta
    I don't mine that often, only for regatta tasks, but I would say the answer is NOBODY KNOWS Ore seems to appear however you play, I have no idea about artefacts, but from what I've read from players far more advanced than I am, there is no bottom to the mine!

Thank you for your replies...

I guess this is looking like a situation where winning the event is not necessarily compatible with many people's preferred gameplay. I haven't really felt like I wanted to GO FOR IT on this event for that reason...

I like the bottomless mine idea but surely it must come out on the other side of the world in another country eventually!!! Or is it a sort of TARDIS???
    Hahaha

Chiming in on this.

I normally play on PC but... I wanted to try the Rescue Event, didn't even get close to finishing it. Was ok but I think it's my level. I couldn't get the resources fast enough to go anywhere

The mine is fun though. I've used two decent mine tasks to farther my depth in the mine. I am at 292 with the closest behind me at 171. I do collect as I go though. I need the ore for upgrades.

I think if I continue I am going to have to join a co-op. I get very little help and have trouble finding people to help.
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) , Silver Lake (Alana) Co-op : Stronger Together

I only mine for regatta tasks at this point. I'm at level 161 mine depth is 39055. I don't like this event, the leader in my group is at 1300, there is no competing with that! Even the most competitive person in my co-op only had saved up 500 picks for this event & collecting ore is still important to me for upgrades. Got to get all factories to 30% with 2 shelves & islands to 50%!

I`m not burdening with this mini event and I`m playing game as normal. I take 1000 coins on the end and that is all.
    Only mini event like doubling XP points, coins or doubling building materials just now I`m trying to use us much as possible. At the moment I need only material for upgrading barn and tools for mine, other tools and material I will sell more often.
    Town level: 130, all lands, buildings
    Zoo level: all animals
    Platform: android
    Fishdom: level 1010
    Playing since 2016

i'm 1st place with depth of 99...ups that's cause i am all alone in my event??? no competition at all, just a whole lot of no-one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousytrap View Post
    Mine Time is the one event I look forward to in my quest for the Champion Mayor IV achievement (my last available achievement until Playrix says otherwise). I collect mining tools constantly and use the dealer to add and balance the quantities. I ignore a vast majority of other mine tasks even if it means not winning a regatta race. I used the See the Light booster yesterday and collected all ore and clay minus a few I deemed not worth the tools to extract. I do not have to worry about artifacts (again, until Playrix says otherwise). This one-day booster and my inventory of mining tools allowed me to "quickly" reach 3500 points, stop, and start to rebuild inventory. My closest rival presently has 466 points. Sure, I could have dug much, much less but I am also running the two-day Efficient Smelting booster. Mine Time is when I concentrate on upgrading my factories. There is, of course, the psychological affect of distancing oneself so as to force any ambitious/crazy rival to seriously question whether the challenge is really worth it and ask themselves how many mining tools they are willing to use for a chance to win. Chances are they do not have the amount of tools to compete and must resign to thinking "next Mine Time." My inventories are large enough to easily quadruple my point total so all I have to do is monitor the competition. The rest is patience, which is this game's norm.
    Optimal Prime, 2014, t273:200+8, z200, The Beeline II co-op, iPad.

I doff my hat!