Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview with the developers (for those who don't do Facebook)

Interview with the developers (for those who don't do Facebook)

People who don't use Facebook might be interested in this interview with the developers which just appeared on Township's page -

"The Devs Answer Your Questions

Come in, folks, gather round! We’ve got some special guests for you — two developers from the Township Team. We’re really thrilled to introduce Project Manager Igor Skapenko and Producer Egor Khairullin to you! Not so long ago we made a post where you asked some topical questions about the game. We collected them and passed straight to the devs. So, here are their answers. Have a blast!

I loved the Gold Pass thing so much! Will it be a permanent feature?
    Egor: The thing is we can’t have the Professor’s Experiments event on a regular basis. We want the tasks to be exciting and the rewards to be really valuable. Making that happen takes a lot of time for the development team, which is why we need to take breaks in between.
    Igor: But we will definitely keep launching them regularly, keeping players’ favorite features and adding new twists. We’ve put a lot of effort into making the Experiments exciting for players of all levels, and we’re happy we’ve succeeded

How long does it take to come up with new features, events, and competitions, and then add them to the game?
    Igor: That’s a good question, but it’s hard to say. It all depends on how complicated a feature is and what result we expect from its release.
    Egor: We’re always in search of cool ideas to improve the game and make it more fun, but at the same time we don’t want to overcomplicate the mechanics we have now. That’s why it can take a month to implement one feature and six months to implement another.

Is players’ feedback important to you? Do you consider our comments and suggestions for developing the game?
    Igor: Absolutely! We really appreciate your comments even if they’re not always positive, because they help us see the spectrum of decisions we can make to improve the game. Of course, it’s impossible to please everyone — we have a huge community of players with different preferences and desires. But we do try
    Egor: For example, we already have a few ideas for the next Professor’s Experiments that we got from your comments. We probably won’t be able to add them in the next event, but we’ll try to do it later. I personally love the idea of adding bonuses for the players who collected all the rewards but kept completing the tasks.

There are some features we’ve been asking you to implement for quite a while now. For instance, sending more than 5 gifts a day or a separate storage for building materials. Why not implement them?
    Igor: We hear all your suggestions, of course, and some we implement right away, some later. But sometimes it also happens that after discussing ideas with the whole team, we reject them because we realize they don’t bring anything new or useful to the gaming experience or have a positive impact in terms of balance.
    Egor: Or even the contrary — they make it worse. Because first of all, the game needs to be challenging, not oversimplified, and it should be about planning and strategy. If all of the goals are easy to achieve, there will be much less satisfaction from all the effort and results That’s why we think it’s good to have limited-time offers and dynamic mini-games, as well as more long-term goals.

We already need materials for our community buildings. Can you make it so that Zoo enclosures don’t need as many materials?
    Igor: We recently reduced the price for Zoo enclosures in response to player requests, but we’re not planning to reduce the amount of building materials you need.
    Egor: We’ll give you a chance to get more of them during special offers though Maybe not everyone looks at the event calendar so I might be spoiling it now, but the first special offer on building materials will start really soon in the game.

Can you add more opportunities to get building tools (saws, jackhammers, and drills) in the House of Luck and/or the trains?
    Egor: I really like that idea! It seems like there are some difficulties with getting the materials from the Tool Exchange, so it seems like it’s worth adding them somewhere else.
    Igor: Yes, we’ll think about how to add them in the game. Thank you for the suggestion!

Any plans on allowing plane upgrades? You can upgrade isles and trains. Why not planes?
    Igor: We discussed this idea a number of times but ultimately decided not to implement it.
    Egor: I think another upgrade process might add more hassle than convenience. The game should be dynamic and not monotonous. But we are thinking about special offers for the planes to make them even more useful.

Are you planning to add more artifact collections soon? I really enjoy them.
    Egor: We indeed haven’t updated our Museum collections for a while, and we have a lot of players who have assembled all of them.
    Igor: That’s true, and it became really obvious during the Professor’s Experiments where there was a task to find new artifacts. Why don’t we come up with ideas for this together? You’ll tell us what collections you’d like to see in the museum, and we’ll see what we can add. Stay tuned to our Facebook news—we’ll make a post about it to keep you in the loop.

Can you pass this question on to Ernie? Dear Ernie, why do you always ask for help in your city, but don't help the players fill their boxes?
    Igor: Well, we have only one Ernie and millions of players. I’m afraid he just doesn’t have enough materials for everyone
    Egor: But at least he never forgets to say thank you for your help and always sends you a clover! So, he also makes his contribution.

How enjoyable was the interview, Townshippers? Let us know your thoughts on it! "

(link - https://m.facebook.com/notes/townshi...59910964217133)
    Last edited by JJay; 12-27-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks JJay That's a very interesting interview, I enjoyed reading it. Nice to hear some proper answers from Igor and Egor. I am very happy they will repeat the Gold Pass event, and sounds very hopeful that we will get more museum artifacts.

I don't know why but I really thought they might have added upgrading the plane. I am intrigued to find out what they come up with regarding ideas to implement to the plane though

Thank you, JJ!

well, nice to hear they will repeat the Gold Pass event - some day.

Their enthusiasm for listening to "us" only relates to FB, I think.

And this

Igor: We recently reduced the price for Zoo enclosures in response to player requests, but we’re not planning to reduce the amount of building materials you need.
    is a real disappointment.
    Seems they still didn't get that they ruined the zoo.

Thank you JJ fir posting this, I read it in game, but it’s nice to have it here.

I agree DD.. they just don’t get it..and maybe never will. Lol
    And yes I agree it relates to FB .

Hmm I wonder also Downton what ideas they will come up with...
    they say “special offers” which makes me think of coupons etc..either alone or to but with a tcash offer like they do with some decos.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post

.....Hmm I wonder also Downton what ideas they will come up with...
    they say “special offers” which makes me think of coupons etc..either alone or to but with a tcash offer like they do with some decos.
    Ooh for me personally I hope not Cuddz. You are right though, it certainly could be interpreted that way . I am sure some players would be quite happy with that type of offer as well. I'm suddenly not quite so intrigued or keen to see what they come up with, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post

..I am intrigued to find out what they come up with regarding ideas to implement to the plane though
    I would love it if they doubled the amount of gems/tools/coins etc you receive if you send a full plane (even if it's only for a limited time like the upcoming train event), or if they could include a regular lab booster which reduced the amount of time it takes for a plane to return.
    Last edited by JJay; 12-28-2019 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I would love it if they doubled the amount of gems/tools/coins etc you receive if you send a full plane (even if it's only for a limited time like the upcoming train event), or if they could include a regular lab booster which reduced the amount of time it takes for a plane to return.
    Yes, like "Tail Wind" or "Favorable Jet Stream"

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Exactly

Thank you, JJay, for sharing this here on the Forum.
    There is a request for ideas on adding new collections to the Museum from the Mine(Archaeology) and the Islands(Around the World).

Is this request interesting enough for the Forummers among us w o FB to start a thread on that subject to collect those ideas and share it on the FB page?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Thank you, JJ!

well, nice to hear they will repeat the Gold Pass event - some day.

Their enthusiasm for listening to "us" only relates to FB, I think.

And this

is a real disappointment.
    Seems they still didn't get that they ruined the zoo.
    I agree! I’m very disappointed to know they won’t lower amount needed, I can’t see myself using barn space when it gets so high, it’s just to much! I remember thinking “I almost preferred not knowing they wouldn’t lower this, at least I had hope!” Lol

I was also very disappointed that they would add materials as gift in the HOL. When we are done with CB’s, I don’t want to get gifts I can’t use. Better to just offer them in the market if people want to get extra. IMO it’s very annoying when we get “gifted” things that we can’t use in both the HOL and from the daily gifts our friends send. We get these as gifts even when aren’t playing the mini or, like with this one, long after we have completed it. I will often check my friend leader board to see who is playing, so at least I know those gifts I send are wanted and not wasted.

All in all it was really nice to see they published answers, hopefully we will see more of this.