Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playrix, PLEASE don’t allow new co op members to auto join Regatta

Playrix, PLEASE don’t allow new co op members to auto join Regatta

Dear Playrix,
    I so much appreciate that Playrix finally allows co op leaders to block players from Regatta. This helped atleast our co op have some control of keeping new players who auto joined to Regatta, or joined not having a clue what they were doing, then didn’t play for a week or more, cause if havoc I’m sure you can understand.Blocking new players from Regata also helped with those who joined co op at *last minute, 4 am when Regatta starts) while *I’m asleep, or who said they will do all tasks but don’t! Keeps them from ruining our Golden League Regatta status! All I wanted was time to ask new players how experienced they are in Regatta, to train them is they aren’t experienced, and to assure my team that the new player,is ready for Regatta and will not ruin all the years MY TEAM has invested in keeping us in Golden League. Nothing worse than being taken down by ONE NEW PLAYER in Regatta. Those are such long, frustrating weeks dealing with & begging a new member to please do their tasks, to pay attention and use chat, etc. Then we’d have to spend many months working hard to regain our Golden status after such players frustrated us for a week, cost us Tcash, and even caused is to lose great players. I’m sure every leader can relate. It’s a BIG PROBLEM and costs a team SO SO much. So, thank you for the option to block players from Regatta.
    Another thing I did, hoping it would help guard against players joining just before Regatta before I could screen them or block them from playing is, I changed my joining status to “invite only”. The price paid for this is, it’s hard to get new members because if we’re not there to accept them soon as they wish, they leave for another co op. Understandable, but makes invite only tough. But atleast it gets rid of the problem of NEW PLAYERS JOINING CO OP LAST MINUTE BEFORE REGATTA, while I’m asleep, then being able to join Regatta without me knowing. Atleast I thought this would also help. However...
    However, I have found that I’m still having the same issue! Ugh!! We are losing Regatta again this week *because a player was accepted in our co op by a member that accepted them... yep, you guessed it.. *JUST BEFORE REGATTA BEGAN, when I was not on, it was late, and I wasn’t there to screen the new player for Regatta. So it’s been back to the same old problems, a whole week of nail biting and disappointed to the whole team **because a new player isn’t responding or dong a single task. AND, if I block them or kick them now, after Regatta has begun, *we get counted in competition, as if we have the number of ppl playing Regatta as when that person was in Regatta yet a deadbeat.
    I will change the status of the player that allowed this new person in, so they can’t invite players anymore, but in the mean time, if anyone has suggestions for me that I haven’t already posted about in this post, please let me know. Like..
    *Can I still kick this member out, since they haven’t done a single task, and not be counted in competition as if the player is still there? I highly doubt it but am hopefully asking.
    Otherwise, if Playrix can PLEASE Never allow new players to join Regatta unless the Leader says they can. Or give leaders the option of a “new player joined” notification, atleast I can wake up and deal with the new member.
    But PLEASE PLAYRIX, Take away DEFAULT IN AUTOMATICALLY BEING ALOWED TO PLAY REGATTA because if I don’t have enough time to screen them, THEN BLOCK THEM, there are still loopholes in who joins Regatta which is beyond frustrating and seriously affects any co ops progress. It certainly has affected our’s way too many times, I wish I could tell you how much this has cost us.
    Thank you.
    4TheLuvOfJesus co op.
    Last edited by CheriByGrace; 12-26-2019 at 08:19 PM.

To 4theluvofJesus, I know EXACTLY what you are looking for and talking about because I wanna win too 😂 and it ain't gonna happen 💀 if you ain't 💯 and got people who gonna HELP, NOT HURT!!!!! I'd SO love to join you in your co-op cuz I can promise you that I am serious about this and WINNING!!!!

My suggestion would be to only accept players during Interseasonal Regatta... you would have a week to get them ready then.
    Also tell your team to not accept any players, that only you or someone you appoint will accept them.

If no one has taken a task you can block the new player, you are put into your team once you take your first task.
    However you are right, if the first task has been taken by anyone, the player will still be counted in the numbers.

Many teams changed the setting "by request" to "closed" on the day off just for that reason. By returning to "by request" once the regatta is on, you are sure the new player is not participating and you have time to evaluate the new player.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 210, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Two things:

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but once the regatta has started (even if your co-op hasn't started "racing" and hasn't been assigned to a group), any new player joining your co-op has the status of "non-racing" and can't race until the next regatta.

2. If I switch the co-op status to "closed" a few hours before the regatta starts does that block everybody including players that I previously sent an "invite to join"?

Play for fun, but it's fun to win!

Quote Originally Posted by douglasnorth View Post
    2. If I switch the co-op status to "closed" a few hours before the regatta starts does that block everybody including players that I previously sent an "invite to join"?
    No they may still join. "Closed" can be viewed as meaning "By Invitation Only".

Quote Originally Posted by douglasnorth View Post
    Two things:

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but once the regatta has started (even if your co-op hasn't started "racing" and hasn't been assigned to a group), any new player joining your co-op has the status of "non-racing" and can't race until the next regatta.

Play for fun, but it's fun to win!
    1... Not after interseasonal. Every player is now opted in automatically to race during inter seasonal and you have to opt out before the new regatta starts if you don’t wish to race.
    We have just had this in our coop. We had a player that wasn’t even online fir a few weeks. Playrix automatically opted the player in to race for interseasonal. Because the player was not online the player didn’t opt out, so once we took our first task the player was counted as racing, so we didn’t get all those points. Had we taken the player out before we took the first task the player would not have been counted as racing.
    Playrix confirmed this is how it works.

2... is as cdsor has described

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    ... Playrix automatically opted the player in to race for interseasonal. Because the player was not online the player didn’t opt out, so once we took our first task the player was counted as racing, so we didn’t get all those points. Had we taken the player out before we took the first task the player would not have been counted as racing.
    Playrix confirmed this is how it works.
    I don't know what "all those points" you are talking about nor how the game takes them away.

During IS, coop members who do not take any tasks are not counted and don't affect anything.

Playrix said the number of tasks needed for interseasonal goals are determined by an algorithm calculating something like a weighted average number of racers for your coop based mostly on how many racers your coop has had in recent weeks. After each Interseasonal goal is reached, the number of tasks for the coop's remaining goals are adjusted upward only if the number of racers participating in this interseasonal regatta is higher than the number of racers from the algorithm.

A coop member who does not do any tasks during interseasonal does not increase the number of tasks needed to reach the coop goals. A member who does not usually race during the season but does take tasks during IS does slightly increase the number of tasks needed for coop goals 2-5.

Still, my coop has found that it is fairly easy to meet all the coop task goals during IS even with several more members participating in IS than normally race during the season.

All of that apart, I do agree the default setting when someone joins a coop should be not racing.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 12-28-2019 at 06:33 AM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    1... Not after interseasonal. Every player is now opted in automatically to race during inter seasonal and you have to opt out before the new regatta starts if you don’t wish to race.
    That's new to me and good to know. Does that mean that players who are MIA, but were "non-racing" status are now opted in automatically to race by Playrix? That doesn't sound right. And does that override a "restriction" by the leader?

Anyway, I was talking about players who join a co-op after a regular regatta has started. I understand that their status for that particular regatta is "non-racing" until that regatta is finished, even if they joined the co-op before anybody in that co-op started racing, i.e. after the regatta started, but before the co-op was assigned to a "group".

P.S. I play on a Windows platform, if that makes any difference.

Play for fun, but it's fun to win.

Mayfield... sorry if I didn’t explain it properly so you could understand it, i was answering douglasnorths post which I thought was referring to Regatta and not interseasonal.
    The player was opted in automatically by Playrix for Interseasonal, however as the player was not online the player remained opted in when the Regatta started the following week, was counted in and we obviously lost those points.

douglasnorth,... yes it was new to us as well which is why we had Playrix confirm it. Only during interseasonal every player is automatically opted in. Which I agree isn’t right and shouldn’t be done. It means that anyone not racing has to opt out or be restricted following interseasonal week.

Whether a player is opted out when they join a coop depends on their settings. If they are a new player they would have to opt in by changing their settings. If the player has settings to participate in regatta, they will be counted as racing anyway.