Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Co-op Leader Aggression

Co-op Leader Aggression

To all Co-op leaders who just boot people for no other reason than they don't play every minute of the day. You are killing the fun of the game. I hope the developers will manage you accordingly. It is due to this aggression that I have chosen to leave after two years of playing. If you take a phone app that serious, might be time to reevaluate priorities.

What happened?
    Co-op: German Raiders
    Co-op Code: #GER4Q4
    Town: Hammabourgh
    Level: 143
    Platform: iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Diddlemizes View Post
    To all Co-op leaders who just boot people for no other reason than they don't play every minute of the day. You are killing the fun of the game. I hope the developers will manage you accordingly. It is due to this aggression that I have chosen to leave after two years of playing. If you take a phone app that serious, might be time to reevaluate priorities.

I understand your frustration as I have read so many posts here and on fb from both sides of the issue and each with their own stories.

This example shows a leader who clearly is either very frustrated with players who say they'll race, then don't and didn't opt out or they are just a massive control freak (I opt for the 1st thought):

Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 9.27.12 AM - Edited.png

But that is just one example....scary example...but just one.

There are so many great teams out there...just have to weed thru them. Know the rules before joining any co-op. If they have messaging either here or fb...ask questions of what is expected. Don't race the first week...some teams are set that way anyway...and get to see how they race.

There is a simple solution to this issue: start your own co-op and set your own rules.

Don't give up yet!
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 12-24-2019 at 08:54 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

at least if they are up front in their signage you know to avoid those ones

Quote Originally Posted by Diddlemizes View Post
    Not sure what your situation is, but if you didn't play for an extended period of time without informing the co-op of why and then opting out of the regatta, thats a valid reason to boot you out IMO. My co-op generally allows you to be inactive for 2 weeks before we take any action, including but not limited to restricting you from regattas (so you don't hurt those in the co-op wanting to race), demoting you, and eventually removing you from the co-op due to inactivity.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

You have the option of which co-op to join, These co-op leaders are up front with how they will run their co-ops. As a leader, there is nothing worse than, a player who does nothing then gets an attitude when you threaten to boot or kick them.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 9.27.12 AM - Edited.png

But that is just one example....scary example...but just one.
    lol that's pathetic. op, just keep trying other co-ops until you find 1 you like. i never race, only help.

All you have to do is move on until you find a group that suits you. You stated "if you take a phone app that seriously it might be time to reevaluate priorities".... well, some people spend their REAL money on this game. So while you might not use your money and play for free (I don't know either way) it upsets people who DO spend their money and coop members slack off. Majority of leaders are quite blunt about what's expected of you. If you were booted I'd say you didn't hold up your end of the bargain. I tell members of my coop all.the.time- "you canNOT mess with people's money, it will end poorly". Just keep searching and you'll find players who play for fun and to unwind. Posting here that you left the game after two years doesn't upset anyone but you. Obviously you enjoy the game to stick around that long. Maybe take a couple weeks off and try again. It's a great game.

I wonder if people could kind of develop a rough "intensity scale" for co-ops to help people get matched up to a good co-op. I consider myself a 9 on a 10-point scale of intensity, and am in a co-op that is roughly geared for people in the 6.5-9 range, for example. Casual players are a drag on us, but a super intense player would probably be frustrated with us in turn. Something like this:

1 - Ignores regattas, doesn't help.
    2. Very casual - may help a few times in a week but that's about it, and does not race.
    3. Casual - does not race but helps a few dozen times in a week.
    4. Helpful - Does not race, but helps all they can - maybe hundreds of helps.
    5. Minimum Effort - Races, but may only finish a few tasks and with no concern for points on each.
    6. Limited Effort - does 50-70% of tasks and/or doing lower point ones.
    7. Honest Effort - Misses a few tasks or picks easier ones; does around 70-90% of available tasks at 100+ points.
    8. Committed - May miss a task or two or pick slightly lower point ones (120+), but gets around 90% of the max or better consistently.
    9. Intense - Consistently do every available task (including the extra one) at or very near 135 pts (or above w. relays).
    10. Total commitment - highly organized teams that buzz through relays and expect something beyond 16X135. (Goes without saying they are Golden League).

If co-op leaders posted their target intensity, a simple number system like this might help even new players figure out where to join up.

Side note: Has anyone ever sponsored "training camp" co-ops for new players? I see a lot of mistakes and honest ignorance among racers (including myself not so long ago). It would probably ease frustration on more competitive co-ops if newbies had a place to learn the ropes without driving their teammates nuts. Maybe some casual co-op leaders would be willing to take this on and advertise themselves?

Just my 2 satoshis...

I think a scale could be a helpful but I think 1-2 and 3-4 can be consolidated and that 9-10 covers too broad a range. My coop wouldn't fit any of these. We would be all 16x135 if you are racing but no objection at all to members who do not race or who opt out sometimes. Do not want to drop to silver but would try their best to be good sports if it happened.

The top scale number should be reserved for coops who care about Global Leader board. They are supercompetitors apart from the rest.

But there are also coop cultures that would be harder to classify.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-01-2020 at 06:13 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad