Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: A change to the yacht club?

  1. #1

    A change to the yacht club?

    We were in Gold last week so had access to all decorations. We didn't bother racing, so naturally have been demoted to Silver. The decoration requiring Gold league has become unavailable. I thought if you had unlocked it, it stayed unlocked regardless of being demoted.

    Anyway just wanted to make you guys aware of my experience

  2. #2
    Hi Downton,

    As far as I know it always has been this way. Any co-op who's in silver cannot purchase decoration only unlocked in gold. On Mondays/or when not racing you can visit friends' co-ops and get the "gold" decoration there tho.

  3. #3
    Gold Member Rocky_Ruud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,674
    Unfortunately something strange happened to dumping a relay task so we were demoted too last week.
    But I can still buy all decorations like it always has been....
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 12-24-2019 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Add pic

  4. #4
    Gold Member _DD_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    ... I thought if you had unlocked it, it stayed unlocked regardless of being demoted. ...
    We definitely have talked about this experience here, yes. It might depend on whether you have bought the deco already, while you were in gold league (then you can continue buying, so to speak).
    Ruud, when you say "still", did you buy one last week? (or more *g*)


    ETA: Thanks, Ruud - that might be it then, yes. And the reason for the suggestion to buy the GL deco stuff (when in GL) "as soon as you have the tokens". Just don't ask me anymore, where I heard/saw that, lol.
    Last edited by _DD_; 12-24-2019 at 11:03 AM.

  5. #5
    Gold Member Rocky_Ruud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    We definitely have talked about this experience here, yes. It might depend on whether you have bought the deco already, while you were in gold league (then you can continue buying, so to speak).
    Ruud, when you say "still", did you buy one last week? (or more *g*)
    I think you found the key!
    Yes I did!

  6. #6
    I bought the GL decoration last week and it still locked (made unavailable the last decoration) I wonder if the fact that neither of us did a single task, therefore didn't start the race is what has effected it?

    ETA Thanks Cathy, I thought that too, but have previously had access to GL decs like Ruud after being demoted

    EATA BTW we didn't opt out. We just didn't do it.
    Last edited by Downton; 12-24-2019 at 11:59 AM.

  7. #7
    Gold Member _DD_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I bought the GL decoration last week and it still locked (made unavailable the last decoration) I wonder if the fact that neither of us did a single task, therefore didn't start the race is what has effected it? ...
    hm, there goes my theory then. I can't remember with whom I talked about it here, so can't search for the former discussion (to see what was described there).
    That it is different, if you are demoted in the way you describe, Downton (letting the race run out, so to speak, by not doing a task), is not a very convincing logic to me, but with Playrix' ideas of punishing their players sometimes in strange ways, it can well be the case.

    So, the consequence would be, that one has to start or do one task at least, to be demoted the "real" way? lol, silly, if so

    (def. not laughing at you, Downton, but you know that Do you or your Coop partners need help for the deco, with an invitation, as Cathy described, or are y'all provided with enough of this gold deco?)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    .....So, the consequence would be, that one has to start or do one task at least, to be demoted the "real" way? lol, silly, if so
    I agree, it's silly if so. I will be able to test the theory hopefully. I have taken a task this week so started the race. We will not be racing properly however, so will get demoted again. I will see if the Silver dec stays available to me. Then in week 4 I can see what happens taking no tasks again.


    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    (def. not laughing at you, Downton, but you know that Do you or your Coop partners need help for the deco, with an invitation, as Cathy described, or are y'all provided with enough of this gold deco?)
    Yes I know of course . I am laughing at the pettiness of it on Playrix part too, if this is indeed the case . We have the decs we want thanks DD

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    10
    Just a curiosity. What is difference in decorations offered in Silver vs Gold?

  10. #10
    Gold Member _DD_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I agree, it's silly if so. I will be able to test the theory hopefully. I have taken a task this week so started the race. We will not be racing properly however, so will get demoted again. I will see if the Silver dec stays available to me. Then in week 4 I can see what happens taking no tasks again.
    Good plan I hope you can finish your task, so the doubt about that would be removed then also. (And check with your Coop partner what they see?)

    Good to hear you have all the deco you want. From this regatta season, I mean *g*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •