Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chtistmas Rescue Unplayable

As I play on Android and a recent device, I'm not having such problems (I know, that's no help or consolation at all)

What I have to add is that the most common cause of crashes without error messages or hangups on loading is insufficient device memory on most every computer / device I've ever run across. This update includes a pretty detailed and graphically lovely Rescue Event and it's not unimaginable that it would put a strain on the memory usage of some devices.

So I looked at Township memory usage on my Samsung Tablet, it's a whopping 629MB. Older devices may not have enough RAM to load the whole thing. I don't know what "memory cleanup" tools are available for iOS devices or if they would help lessen the impact.

Hope this info helps.
    Last edited by cdosr; 12-18-2019 at 04:57 PM. Reason: sp

It’s highly possible. The iPad I use is circa 2013. Has relatively little on it but I haven’t updated the OS and probably should. It’s only the mini game causing crashes, the rest is working.

I play on my Kindle. I cant play Christmas Rescue anymore. And all of my decoratin of my houses are gone. I try go clear my cashe, i reinstall the game, but nothing are helpfull. Gut someone an idea?

Hi everyone,
    Dreadnought has said the Devs are aware of this problem and are working on a fix. (See post #7)

I play on a 3rd generation Kindle Fire - old but has plenty of room on it. I haven't been able to play the rescue game AT ALL. Every single time I click on it - Township shuts down. Everything else had been working pretty well. But the past two days - like someone else posted - It's like it "forgot" the things I did. (Sent ships for a regatta task, logged out, logged in - ships still sitting there - just one of many examples). Things like it "forgetting" have happened at least four or five times today. Nothing I can do to get the rescue game to work has helped. Now, all the Christmas decorations are gone. What the heck??? So frustrating. I'm getting a new Kindle for Christmas - but this really seems like a Township problem.

Hi mozzer,
    Until the devs come up with a fix there is nothing we can do. Please see above posts.
    I am also guessing from past experience the fix if there is one will be included in the next update, which will be too late as the Christmas stuff will go then anyway .

Getting better

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Hi mozzer,
    Until the devs come up with a fix there is nothing we can do. Please see above posts.
    I am also guessing from past experience the fix if there is one will be included in the next update, which will be too late as the Christmas stuff will go then anyway .

I don't know what changed - but things are oddly better on my Kindle now. The rescue game actually came up and will let me play it. It'll work for a while and then crash. But - it's better than it was. It's still randomly forgetting things I've done, which is weird. And all the Christmas decorations are still gone. There are only three days left in the rescue game - so no hope of completing it. I'm getting a new Kindle for Christmas - I wonder if that will make any difference at all.

Angry Can't get passed the log

Originally my game crashed everytime I entered the Christmas event but now that i have finally been able to get it to work, I have another problem. I finished several of the task for the first chapter but it has taken me back to where I am supposed to put the log over to the island in order to get the batteries (which I have already done). The log is laid across to the island and when I click on the task at the top of the screen, it takes me to cloud covered area that has nothing to do with the task it is asking me to do. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Having same problem, cant get past the log

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyedWolf View Post
    Originally my game crashed everytime I entered the Christmas event but now that i have finally been able to get it to work, I have another problem. I finished several of the task for the first chapter but it has taken me back to where I am supposed to put the log over to the island in order to get the batteries (which I have already done). The log is laid across to the island and when I click on the task at the top of the screen, it takes me to cloud covered area that has nothing to do with the task it is asking me to do. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?