Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Price of Gold Pass

  1. #1

    Price of Gold Pass

    Reading comments in the prof event I saw that, in the US, the Gold Pass costed 5.99 Dollars.
    Here in Germany we had to pay 6.99 Euro.
    Now 1 Euro is worth abt. 1.1 Dollar.
    How can this be?

    And is it always like this? That we always have to pay much more in Europe?
    Co-op: German Raiders
    Co-op Code: #GER4Q4
    Town: Hammabourgh
    Level: 146
    Platform: iOS

  2. #2
    At the current exchange rate $5.99 USD is about 5.38 Euros. I'm not in Europe but I hear there's a VAT on *everything*, could that be it? Or is it what "the market will bear?" Or what "similar products are selling for"?

    Gasoline / Petrol is almost twice as expensive in Europe than it is in the US and it also varies greatly between states in the US. The vagaries of pricing has always eluded me. I've never had a satisfactory answer and I doubt we'll get one on this question either.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    At the current exchange rate $5.99 USD is about 5.38 Euros. I'm not in Europe but I hear there's a VAT on *everything*, could that be it? Or is it what "the market will bear?" Or what "similar products are selling for"?

    Gasoline / Petrol is almost twice as expensive in Europe than it is in the US and it also varies greatly between states in the US. The vagaries of pricing has always eluded me. I've never had a satisfactory answer and I doubt we'll get one on this question either.
    It would be nice if Playrix gave some explanation .....
    Co-op: German Raiders
    Co-op Code: #GER4Q4
    Town: Hammabourgh
    Level: 146
    Platform: iOS

  4. #4
    If you check other games it's kinda the same. An average europian country is wealthier, than the US. So they say.... I found though, that that's what people(mostly americans I guess) usually say to justify the higher prices in Europe. At least that's what I saw on blizzard forums. "Lucky" me I live in one of the poorest country in europe XD. But there are definetely many europian countries, where the standard of living is higher, than in America.
    Windows : Level 108
    Android : Level 91

  5. #5
    I have seen the math for another game and taxes like VAT do account for most if not all the differences. The US price does not include any taxes.

    I don't think this is at all the same issue as the price of gasoline. That is a physical commodity. Much of Western Europe's gasoline needs to be imported and the cost of acquisition, refining, and delivery is simply much higher there. I don't know how much national taxes add to that. The US produces much of its own oil and gasoline and most of what we import comes from Canada, avoiding a lot of the transportation costs of imports from farther away. . Gasoline has always been a lot cheaper here than Europe, even though there are a lot of taxes included in the price we pay at the pump.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 12-16-2019 at 10:24 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    At the current exchange rate $5.99 USD is about 5.38 Euros. I'm not in Europe but I hear there's a VAT on *everything*, could that be it? …
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I have seen the math for another game and taxes like VAT do account for most if not all the differences. The US price does not include any taxes. …
    I meant to mention taxes, too. It's indeed common/usual for all (game) purchases from the US, that our Mehrwertsteuer is added, respectively included.

    Elvengirl, I checked my confirmation email, it says the 6,99 contain the Mwst:
    "(enthält MwSt. in Höhe von 1,12 €)" - so we're at 5,87 € w/o that.
    Last edited by _DD_; 12-16-2019 at 10:44 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I meant to mention taxes, too. It's indeed common/usual for all (game) purchases from the US, that our Mehrwertsteuer is added, respectively included.

    Elvengirl, I checked my confirmation email, it says the 6,99 contain the Mwst:
    "(enthält MwSt. in Höhe von 1,12 €)" - so we're at 5,87 € w/o that.
    So it‘s taxes. With that I can live.
    Co-op: German Raiders
    Co-op Code: #GER4Q4
    Town: Hammabourgh
    Level: 146
    Platform: iOS

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I meant to mention taxes, too. It's indeed common/usual for all (game) purchases from the US, that our Mehrwertsteuer is added, respectively included.

    Elvengirl, I checked my confirmation email, it says the 6,99 contain the Mwst:
    "(enthält MwSt. in Höhe von 1,12 €)" - so we're at 5,87 € w/o that.
    I checked my Google Play receipt and the $5.99 is *before* tax.

    Gold Pass (Township) $5.99
    Tax: $0.37
    Total: $6.36

    So, after tax apples to apples, 6.36 USD to 6.99 Euros, closer, US (well, actually Massachusetts state) sales tax was about 6%.

  9. #9
    Junior Member Sp8rk3y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvengirl View Post
    Reading comments in the prof event I saw that, in the US, the Gold Pass costed 5.99 Dollars.
    Here in Germany we had to pay 6.99 Euro.
    Now 1 Euro is worth abt. 1.1 Dollar.
    How can this be?

    And is it always like this? That we always have to pay much more in Europe?
    If I remember correctly here in Australia the Gold Pass was $9.99 like Europe with VAT we got our own tax on goods called GST.

    So with currency exchange rate that's about $6.85 USD or $6.15 EUR.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •