Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Rescue Event

Wow, thank you!
    I tried to go across the water again before, by tapping on the boat, and it just responded, ‘not now’ ... so I gave up getting back across.
    I guess you just tap on the opposite shore, and it just takes you!
    Sheesh, I must have wasted several hundred tokens! I’m sure I would have been finished by now, if I had known to keep trying to get back across.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    Decided to just do it now....

FREE CHESTS: LINK TO VIEW SCREENSHOTS.
    *Note: I took screenshots each time I opened a chest, but didn't start taking pics of the actual unopened chests until halfway through...so for some of these, I went back and just took screenshots of the areas the chests were and circled where they should be.

PAY-TO-OPEN CHESTS: LINK TO VIEW SCREENSHOTS.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you for these! I found a couple more freebies!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvengirl View Post
    But how are players going to complete all rounds when requests now take so much time? I am not even talking about 400 pearls, which must be a glitch.
    I agree the pearls must be a glitch also. The cynical side of me says it has been made very difficult for those who still have a long way to go to finish the event, in the hope they spend money. Maybe to recoup revenue they feel they lost by however many thousands of players who sailed through it in the first 2 days. As you can't buy the decorations, I am sure some players will pay to get them in the game.

Whatever Playrix' reasons are it is not very sporting of them to change the requirements of a game already in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Playrix can make these type of changes without issuing updates, or prior planning/programming. It would be pretty basic for them to decrease the amount of energy earned, and increase quantities of produce requested. I believe realizing how quickly players were completing a 10 day event (without needing to spend tcash), led them to make these alterations. As others have mentioned, I think they should left it as is. These changes are very unfair on players who have started the event later.
    Well, I do think they've overestimated the "value" of this event too. It's the holidays. I'm not the only person playing this game who also has ish to do and less time, because family. So ya know, it seems they've played their hand: bump up requirements because people are too busy to do all this and theyll pay through...or they're like me and they won't finish the event at all because it's not fun, and I'm here for fun.

Hi all,

The 461 pearl task was most definitely a glitch, which is now fixed (it won't appear in the future). However, if a player still has it active, they must dump it in order for a new one to show up.
    The good news though, is that they can contact CS and they will refund the 10 tcash spent for dumping it!
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    Decided to just do it now....

FREE CHESTS: LINK TO VIEW SCREENSHOTS.

Hope this helps!
    Indeed it did help, I found one that I'd missed before. Thank you so much for putting in this extraordinary effort to gather the screenshots into one document and share it with us all. Many kudos !!!

I completed the event & I think I got all the chests before they changed the settings. So now I won't be putting much effort into gathering energy since I have no clue if they will be buying at the end. Most times instead of collecting the energy I'll just let the completed task sit there until I'm bored & want to work on another. I hate having a failed task!

The animal feeding/collecting has gotten a bit more difficult but still reasonable. My big town did see the multiplier decrease but the little town is still 4x, but I did just complete the event today so maybe that has something to do with it. I will be very careful not to mess up until I collect the chests

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I am making energy at the moment so haven't started the event yet. I am extremely disappointed no extra Christmas decs have been made available with this event though
    2 decorations with the event. Glowing lanterns -- beautiful and I will use after christmas; large stocking will continue to use yearly as christmas decorations. I got through in 1.5 days. My sister finished first day. I was slow to understand clearing along the path and was making firewood for no particular benefit. I am still making energy and clearing trees between the camps so the people can find each other -- LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor Jane View Post
    ... I am still making energy and clearing trees between the camps so the people can find each other -- LOL
    LOL! sweet

Many thanks, kitty, for the chest pictures!! and providing them by links!

Thank you, dread, for the prompt check and info re the pearls.

Still no kudos for Playrix from me, for raising the requirements and lowering the results, w/o any good reason.
    And doing so silently and during an ongoing event.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post

Still no kudos for Playrix from me, for raising the requirements and lowering the results, w/o any good reason.
    And doing so silently and during an ongoing event.

I came over here to see if my imagination was playing tricks on me ... seems like it's Playrix that's the trickster! Not very happy with what they've done. Not as many energy points for more work. What's up with that? Was everyone having too much fun?

Up until today, I've really enjoyed this event. I finished the first day but continued with the Event tasks and clearing trees to find more chests.

Thumbs down on this little tweak to the game ... Bah! Humbug!