Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Rescue Event

Yes, more than 400 pearls is too much. I also dumped that task.
    What worries me more is, I only get a max of 35 energy points, instead of 40 .....

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    So, to be clear, you think the energy amounts/task difficulty has changed since the beginning of the event? I ask because I have been making the practice of waiting a bit to start an event so I can learn whether it's of interest to me. At the beginning, many were here saying it was pleasant and (obviously not challenging for some since they finished in a day) I decided to give it a try. But then right away I got requests for tasks that would require so much they'd halt my game (and I did them; and they did halt my game, to the point that my resources were very short for a train, causing a 6 hour wait, were it not for the help of multiple generous neighbors). But I didn't play right when it was released so I wouldn't know if it was different before.
    Yes. I closed my game and my multiplier for the purple task said 1-2-3-4 and every task was valued at 40 points (or more, some were 15x4=60). I reopened my game and it changed to 1-1.5-2-2.5 and max was 32 points. And the tasks were significantly harder. Previously examples of tasks were feed 9 animals, collect 2 blue feathers, collect 15 eggs, send 1 ship to fructus, etc. Suddenly tasks became feed 45 animals, collect 7 blue feathers, collect 38 eggs, collect 67 milk, send 6 ships to fructus.

This happened in my town that I had finished the event in AND my other town on another device that I had barely started the event on. It also happened to all my coop mates around the same time. So to me, this signified the developers making a change that affected everyone at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    There are 12 free and 12 pay-to-open as far as I am aware. I can post pics of all their locations but not sure if it would spoil things for anyone? I'll see if I can upload them to a photo hosting site and then share the link here tomorrow so that no one sees them accidentally.
    Decided to just do it now....

FREE CHESTS: LINK TO VIEW SCREENSHOTS.
    *Note: I took screenshots each time I opened a chest, but didn't start taking pics of the actual unopened chests until halfway through...so for some of these, I went back and just took screenshots of the areas the chests were and circled where they should be.

PAY-TO-OPEN CHESTS: LINK TO VIEW SCREENSHOTS.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by kitty4715; 12-19-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Yes. I closed my game and my multiplier for the purple task said 1-2-3-4 and every task was valued at 40 points (or more, some were 15x4=60). I reopened my game and it changed to 1-1.5-2-2.5 and max was 32 points.
    Exactly the same in my game!

Yes, this also happened in my game. The tasks were also more excessive, but I thought it was just how it always worked.

I got through chapter 2 so I don't really care if I finish the rest.

Well, I take back all the nice things I said about this event now that they have done something to reduce the energy amounts awarded with each task and greatly increase the difficulty of the tasks. And I didn't fail a task...I have screenshots showing the change happen. If they realized they accidentally made things too easy, they should have just chocked that up as a mistake and let players have the gift of an easy holiday event. Messing with things midway through and handing out 461 pearls tasks? Bah humbug.
    Yes. I closed my game and my multiplier for the purple task said 1-2-3-4 and every task was valued at 40 points (or more, some were 15x4=60). I reopened my game and it changed to 1-1.5-2-2.5 and max was 32 points. And the tasks were significantly harder. ...
    That's a behaviour by Playrix that I could only comment on in my mother tongue, and it would be deleted. Yes, that bad.

As visual aid for what was described, just compare the pic in post 1 of this thread:
    Screenshot_20191219-085658.jpg tap to enlarge

and this one from my game this morning:
    Screenshot_20191219-084505.jpg tap to enlarge

Huge thumbs down, Playrix!

So this is your reaction to all the positive feedback,
    BUT not enough TC spent on dumping tasks or what? How cheap!!
    Last edited by _DD_; 12-19-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Yes. I closed my game and my multiplier for the purple task said 1-2-3-4 and every task was valued at 40 points (or more, some were 15x4=60). I reopened my game and it changed to 1-1.5-2-2.5 and max was 32 points. And the tasks were significantly harder. Previously examples of tasks were feed 9 animals, collect 2 blue feathers, collect 15 eggs, send 1 ship to fructus, etc. Suddenly tasks became feed 45 animals, collect 7 blue feathers, collect 38 eggs, collect 67 milk, send 6 ships to fructus.

This happened in my town that I had finished the event in AND my other town on another device that I had barely started the event on. It also happened to all my coop mates around the same time. So to me, this signified the developers making a change that affected everyone at the same time.
    Well, I don't feel as bad now. I thought I was just being a whiner and really the requests I was getting were typical (I have no idea what would be considered typical. this is my first event like this). Mine looked exactly like this, except I don't have ducks and my eggs were like 50 something. I totally had enough when I'd returned to my game, worked on energy, fed my animals, completed a task...and the next task was to feed 62 animals...I have 58 animals total and only 2 are cow sheds. Fortunately that's when I finished chapter 2 so I did nothing and watched videos instead.

As there was no update between the beginning of the event (2 days ago?) and this morning, this behaviour must have been planned beforehand. It has been programmed by Playrix this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvengirl View Post
    As there was no update between the beginning of the event (2 days ago?) and this morning, this behaviour must have been planned beforehand. It has been programmed by Playrix this way.
    Playrix can make these type of changes without issuing updates, or prior planning/programming. It would be pretty basic for them to decrease the amount of energy earned, and increase quantities of produce requested. I believe realizing how quickly players were completing a 10 day event (without needing to spend tcash), led them to make these alterations. As others have mentioned, I think they should left it as is. These changes are very unfair on players who have started the event later.

But how are players going to complete all rounds when requests now take so much time? I am not even talking about 400 pearls, which must be a glitch.