Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Rescue Event

Is there only 4 chapters to finish in 9 days? I finished all 4 chapters in 2 days. Will there be new chapters be releasing soon? There seems to be lots o clouds around still.

Quote Originally Posted by aliceaptx View Post
    not really. All other places are "area unavailable"
    You should at least be able to tap at the original base camp where the event started before you explored anything. If you're in chapter 3 you should be able to tap on the shore where the boat / raft landed. You do not have to see Jimmy to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinada View Post
    Is there only 4 chapters to finish in 9 days? I finished all 4 chapters in 2 days. Will there be new chapters be releasing soon? There seems to be lots o clouds around still.
    Nope, you've reached the end. Of course, you could explore some more looking for chests to open, someone said they found 12 free chests so far.

If you look at the map on the "Rescue Headquarters" it shows you the boundaries of the game grid. If you try to explore to those edges all you'll see is clouds.

So I just received a task in this Xmas event...over 400 pearls to glean from the otters? 400+ pearls? A tad bit overkill I think.

How the hell do I build a bridge? I need the get the batteries but the cloud is covering the arrow? I have clicked on the arrow loads of times and nothing. Have also clicked on the pic of the battery and nothing???? Please help!!!!! Its annoying me now

I like this event. It's fun...when I can do it. I HATE the method for gaining energy with intense passion.I do not have room in my barn for so much (It's under 500). And I really dislike "busy work" which accomplishes nothing but wastes my personal time and resources (and it is my personal time because I'm very limited in when I can play, and when I can play I want to PLAY and not do something annoying and unenjoyable. If I have to use all my farm plots for stupid trees, constantly, because I've got that request way too many times now, my game stops, since I can't do much without farm plots to grow things. Today, instead of doing something I wanted to do, I grew stupid amounts of cotton for no reason, intermingled with trees I don't want, also for no reason. I won't be doing that any more.

I don't think I'll even finish the whole thing, not because it's hard or unpleasant, but because the energy generating part totally ruins my playing time. It's the holidays and my family requires my attention. This game is a fun break...but it needs to stay fun.

Building a snowman, which requires hilarious amounts of icecream, that's at least funny.

I really like the lanterns though so I will finish chapter 2. But it will probably take me the remaining days since I'm done screwing up my inventory in extreme ways (my barn isn't large; my population is lower deliberately and I manage my inventory tightly so I can accommodate the trains, meet my goals and occasionally help out neighbors).

given choice between energy gained in this way vs a timer, I'm a fan of the timer all the way. I really did enjoy playing that event, using up my energy, then working on my normal game goals.
    Last edited by Zealous; 12-18-2019 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    Really enjoyed this event overall. Finished in about 4 hours without spending any T-cash. Now I will work on collecting all the free chests (have opened 7 so far).

I appreciate that they have given us another non-competition event, especially at this time of year when everyone is so busy. It will be nice not to have to stress about the game.
    Well, I take back all the nice things I said about this event now that they have done something to reduce the energy amounts awarded with each task and greatly increase the difficulty of the tasks. And I didn't fail a task...I have screenshots showing the change happen. If they realized they accidentally made things too easy, they should have just chocked that up as a mistake and let players have the gift of an easy holiday event. Messing with things midway through and handing out 461 pearls tasks? Bah humbug.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    Well, I take back all the nice things I said about this event now that they have done something to reduce the energy amounts awarded with each task and greatly increase the difficulty of the tasks. And I didn't fail a task...I have screenshots showing the change happen. If they realized they accidentally made things too easy, they should have just chocked that up as a mistake and let players have the gift of an easy holiday event. Messing with things midway through and handing out 461 pearls tasks? Bah humbug.
    So, to be clear, you think the energy amounts/task difficulty has changed since the beginning of the event? I ask because I have been making the practice of waiting a bit to start an event so I can learn whether it's of interest to me. At the beginning, many were here saying it was pleasant and (obviously not challenging for some since they finished in a day) I decided to give it a try. But then right away I got requests for tasks that would require so much they'd halt my game (and I did them; and they did halt my game, to the point that my resources were very short for a train, causing a 6 hour wait, were it not for the help of multiple generous neighbors). But I didn't play right when it was released so I wouldn't know if it was different before.

Well I finished the event and enjoyed it. My tasks were pretty good, they were as follows:

- Feed animals
    - Collect seaweed
    - Collect Pearl's
    - Collect eggs
    - Collect milk
    - Collect white feathers
    - Collect blue feathers
    - Make jam sandwiches
    - Make Chili sauce
    - Make pink boots
    - Make teapot
    - Make toy trucks
    - Make coats
    - Make Cheese
    - Make puff rice
    - Make Summer bouquets
    - Make doughnuts
    - Make cheesecakes
    - Grow pine trees
    - Send plane
    - Send train
    - Send ship to frutis island
    - Complete heli orders
    - Mine for ore

I have continued on since finishing the event, and so far have not encountered some of the less desirable tasks mentioned in this thread. My teammate finished a lot quicker than me, so also got relatively quick tasks too (Neither of us spend tcash).

Seems unfair that some players are being hit by long crops tasks and collecting large amounts of Pearl's (surely this has to be a glitch at 400!?)

I love the two new decorations we win in the event, and think the prizes have been very good. Good amounts of tcash, barn tools and a factory upgrade are all things I can use

If there are more events similar to this in the future I think they would be better over a 7 day duration instead. Also have 5 or 6 chapters in them. Plus remove rubber, silk etc from possible tasks. And fix any mistakes made when generating amounts of produce needed for a task.

Well done Plyrix for creating something totally different for us
    Last edited by Downton; 12-18-2019 at 11:28 PM.

[QUOTE=Pcrody;1613302]Does anyone know how to get to the Ufologists Camp?

Anyone?
    I’ve been clearing all over the place and can’t get close!
    Help?