Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Rescue Event

Quote Originally Posted by JustJan View Post
    ...Not as many energy points for more work. What's up with that? Was everyone having too much fun?
    Exactly how I interpret this "little tweak", too - here, with quotes of Kitty's post, who made us aware here, and 2 pics.

We were not even bragging about anything, like speed or so... just happily reporting here.
    <sarcasm on> Bravo, Playrix, for punishing that! <sarcasm off>

Quote Originally Posted by JustJan View Post
    Thumbs down on this little tweak to the game ... Bah! Humbug!

ETA, seeing kitty's next post, below: IMO, this would be not a real fix, just pretending.
    They should bring it back to as it was at the start, for those who haven't finished yet.
    Last edited by _DD_; 12-19-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    Yes. I closed my game and my multiplier for the purple task said 1-2-3-4 and every task was valued at 40 points (or more, some were 15x4=60). I reopened my game and it changed to 1-1.5-2-2.5 and max was 32 points. And the tasks were significantly harder. Previously examples of tasks were feed 9 animals, collect 2 blue feathers, collect 15 eggs, send 1 ship to fructus, etc. Suddenly tasks became feed 45 animals, collect 7 blue feathers, collect 38 eggs, collect 67 milk, send 6 ships to fructus.

This happened in my town that I had finished the event in AND my other town on another device that I had barely started the event on. It also happened to all my coop mates around the same time. So to me, this signified the developers making a change that affected everyone at the same time.
    UPDATE: My purple tasks are now back to being worth 40 points (still getting "harder" tasks, like 67 milk instead of 15 milk but at least the full points seem to be back). Curiously it does still say the 1-1.5-2-2.5 thing though instead of 1-2-3-4.

Perhaps they fixed this at the same time as fixing the 461 pearls glitch.

40 points back.jpg
    Last edited by kitty4715; 12-19-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    UPDATE: My purple tasks are now back to being worth 40 points (still getting "harder" tasks, like 67 milk instead of 15 milk but at least the full points seem to be back). Curiously it does still say the 1-1.5-2-2.5 thing though instead of 1-2-3-4.

Perhaps they fixed this at the same time as fixing the 461 pearls glitch.

40 points back.jpg
    My tasks on the left block are still just being multiplied by 2.5 max (around 20-25 pts total). I noticed this sometime yesterday and well after I had finished the event. I just figured it was because I let a couple of overnight tasks expire and had to restart the 1x2x3x4 a couple of times. I thought maybe you could only restart that so many times. If it is because Playrix reset the parameters partway through the event that is really uncool! I usually don't start the event until much later but knew I would be busy next week. So the change is very unfair to those who have a delayed start.

I imagine Playrix put a TON of time into designing this event. The graphics are stunning. If it wasn't making them the expected monetary return I'm sure they weren't happy. But sometimes you just have to suck it up and learn from your mistakes. Changing the parameters on the third day ... for everyone I assume ... Seems like poor customer service to me.

Thanks so much for the maps to all of the chests. There was one good chest I hadn't found!

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

Well I have enough energy to strip mine the mountains. I guess playrix wants me to stop doing tasks. My latest task is pearls. 461 of them! I do nothink think mathematically possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    The cynical side of me says it has been made very difficult for those who still have a long way to go to finish the event, in the hope they spend money.

Whatever Playrix' reasons are it is not very sporting of them to change the requirements of a game already in progress.
    It seems a pity they have made the previously nice event so much more difficult, with the bulk of that burden falling on people already struggling to make progress.

Very sad for those players and very bad of Playrix. Seems like the Grinch has stolen their Christmas spirit. I'm glad I had already finished the main event and was just working to collect free chests. With all the tasks now so much harder, I will just stop there and forget about hunting down the ones that cost 3 tcash.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 12-19-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

I have chopped down nearly every tree and still cannot find the box of tools in the Christmas rescue game. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    A super brand new event is about to start in 5 minutes, use this thread to post any thoughts, questions and comments about it!

Set out on a rescue mission in order to find a crashed aircraft!
    [...]
    I finished all 4 chapters on the first day. Still 8 days left of the event. Does anyone know if they’ll be adding additional chapters?? I went back & collected all chests in chapter 4 but can’t do it in the previous chapters. Head’s up - If you want to collect all chests, don’t leave a chapter because you can’t return back to it!! Wish I would’ve known this!! Bummer...
    Last edited by dreadnought; 12-19-2019 at 10:21 PM. Reason: removed block quote
    TOWN NAME: Laurie’s Land
    CO-OP: Seas The Moment
    CO-OP TAG: #SE6HJM

”Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side because it's fake."
    People can make anything "appear" to be a certain way. Always be happy with what YOU have! The alternative is never better!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie8858 View Post
    I finished all 4 chapters on the first day. Still 8 days left of the event. Does anyone know if they’ll be adding additional chapters?? I went back & collected all chests in chapter 4 but can’t do it in the previous chapters. Head’s up - If you want to collect all chests, don’t leave a chapter because you can’t return back to it!! Wish I would’ve known this!! Bummer...
    You definitely can go back and collect chests in all chapters after finishing. I didn't collect a single chest until after I had finished all 4 parts of the event, and I am currently cutting down trees in all 4 sections still. What is the trouble you are having?

And no, there won't be any more chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillville View Post
    Well I have enough energy to strip mine the mountains. I guess playrix wants me to stop doing tasks. My latest task is pearls. 461 of them! I do nothink think mathematically possible.
    Dump the task and contact support for reimbursement of 10 tcash. See this post.

I started the event late and slowly. But I started when the energy was higher and tasks were easier. Now tasks are harder. Feeding 45 animals a lot and using up all my mining tools? This is asking too much to complete what should be a simple, fun, enjoyable Christmas event.

Also, I am stuck trying to find the UFO van. I can’t seem to cut down the right things to get to it. I cannot tell if I am going on the right path. I think I have wasted a lot of energy but don’t know ...

And my top energy, for doing 45 animals, is only 20 now. That is the top multiplier. 20!

Last edited by missy.; 12-19-2019 at 11:10 PM.