Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Rescue Event

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    9 days is the length of the entire event! That task will totally tie up a slot in the "energy tasks" unless you dump it.
    Or you know... plant some trees.

I got a silk task earlier, luckily i already had some in the fields ready to go.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BalletGirl View Post
    I got stuck there too. You have to clear the trees, rocks etc nearest to where the item in the clouds is highlighted - once they're gone the clouds clear to reveal what's underneath. When you click on one of the items that need to be cut down it will tell you how much energy you will use up for each one.
    Woohoo! It worked. Thank you so very much. I never would have figured that out. You are brilliant!!

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Or you know... plant some trees.

I got a silk task earlier, luckily i already had some in the fields ready to go.
    Face palm I know, I guess I was just reacting to a timeout of the entire event plus the reported cost of dumping a task. I'm guessing that somewhere, sometime, someone will have a task they cannot or will not do and face a crappy choice.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    9 days is the length of the entire event! That task will totally tie up a slot in the "energy tasks" unless you dump it.
    Yeah I kid you not had to double check to see if my eyes were playing with me since the entire event is 10 days long lol.

I did plant some but have to wait pretty much until tomorrow to harvest it since I'm not paying 10 cash to dump that it's absurd the cost should be max 3 cash to dump anything I reckon.

I've only played the event for half an hour but I like what I see so far.

A quick question for those less technically challenged than I am Is the new competition area that opens up in the game the reason why so many people are having problems loading Township, as in that it uses a lot of memory on their device? And when the competition ends, and the next update comes out, and the new area disappears (unless it's going to be used for something else), will those people be able to load the game again?

Sorry, that's two questions, but I really don't have any idea about technical stuff like this

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    oh these tutorials... try tapping on the yellow arrow; he's trying to show you where to use your energy. Then he brings you back to the event center, OR there also should be a Home button bottom right.
    IF that works, I'd try to switch languages back and forth, just to trigger the right one, hopefully.
    Or try whether a game restart brings you out of the event tutorial...
    Other than that, reporting to Playrix is all that comes to mind. (Check in the Troubles section here how to do that, depending on your OS. In the IOS-version-thread at the end is the link to the form for "outside the game".)
    Good luck!
    I don't seem to have all of the picture, can't tap into the yellow arrow or use the home button, just doesn't seem to work. I have reported it to Playrix and in the meantime am collecting energy. Thanks DD

So far the event is pretty good, but it is going to put a damper on prepping for regatta.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Farosinthesun View Post
    ...I have reported it to Playrix and in the meantime am collecting energy. Thanks DD
    Sorry it didn't work out, yvw! Clever idea and now, just read their automated replies carefully (I got 2 lately), whether YOUR next reply is required to keep the ticket open or will close it. Good luck + let us know, pls

Speaking about 3T..... I've seen a number of chests scattered around under the clouds. I bumped into one and it was the standard "might be valuable, 3T to open please" chest. It's against my religion to pay 3T to open any chest so the question is are there any "free to open" chests out there?

Since all the other chests I've seen are behind rocks and trees and stuff, I don't want to expend any "energy" to get to them only to discover they cost 3T to open. I mean if I bump into them along the way to doing other things then I'll try to open them (but not pay for the privilege) but otherwise I'm going to ignore them.

Other events have had the occasional "free to open" chest every now and again, just wondering if this one has them too.

PS: If I find a free one during my travels, I'll add a post saying so.

ETA: there are free chest hidden in the woods, see this post
    Last edited by cdosr; 12-16-2019 at 05:05 PM.

I will say I'm kind of enjoying this event, it's very different from the ones we've had before. While I don't play the other Playrix games (not a match-3 fan) I like the "story driven" quest going on here. It's a nice change of pace.

And yes, when the regatta starts up there might be a gameplay conflict. However, it's relay season so there's more "waiting" time until your turn at the relay so we'll see how the two interact.

Fortunately, the production tasks I've had so far are for "blue sneakers" (cross trainers, whatever they're called) and that's what I normally prepare for the regatta anyway so good luck so far.