Thread: Have there been any changes to the market or is it bad luck?

Have there been any changes to the market or is it bad luck?

I don't grow silk, I buy it from the market but lately, I can only find 1 box or none. This happens even with market refresh multiple times. I have quite a few boxes open so I'm not sure what's going on.

Has this happened to any of you?

I suppose it is just chance. I've not noticed any shift, and I also rely heavily on the market for things like silk and rubber.

I go through times where there is a real lack of cocoa, rubber plant or silk and I scrape by, and then all of the sudden my market will have what seems to be nothing but crops. I doubt it is a permanent shift and rather just the algorithms playing out. Also, sometimes it seems if I harvest my cocoa, etc. it will not show up as much in my market, in essence reading my behavior — which is why I try to not harvest so that I always can hope to have a little sprinkling all the time.

I think what Eagle One said sounds about right the game runs on algorithms even when trying to finish of a building but you keep getting certain materials not the ones you need, it can be annoying at times, I to also never plant silk or rubber or any harvest that takes 8+ hours to grow always stock up on market and I always make sure I have least 20+ of each harvest.

My market generally has two of those long tree crops at a time (rubber, cacao, silk) but almost never all at the same time. There are often two boxes of at least one. It doesn't seem to have changed recently.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    My market generally has two of those long tree crops at a time (rubber, cacao, silk) but almost never all at the same time. There are often two boxes of at least one. It doesn't seem to have changed recently.
    What I never understood was WHY!!!!! does wheat even pop up in the market like seriously lol you can't even go toilet before the crop grows think it's just a waste of boxes to be honest when we could have something more valuable instead

If you have many times with silk, then you will have certain times without it
    That's called possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by tofu21 View Post

I don't grow silk, I buy it from the market but lately, I can only find 1 box or none. This happens even with market refresh multiple times. I have quite a few boxes open so I'm not sure what's going on.

Has this happened to any of you?
    I find that if I buy an item it tends to show up more often. Using silk as an example, if I have to buy other items and do not buy the silk one or two goes...then it is either not in the market or it is very low...like 2.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

I know this doesn't answer your question, but maybe you should start growing silk? I know they take ages to grow, so what I do is to plant at least 30 of them just before bedtime. This takes away ~50% of their growing time once you're awake the next day.

Personally I don't rely on the market unless it was for one particular item that I am being lazy to produce
    Town level 55, 47 zoo animals
    iOS