Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 83

Thread: December 2019 Update [Android/iOS/Kindle/MAC]

  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Many thanks, and no delay at all
    ui, I see what you mean, quite different.But esp. your remark about the windows reminded me that there were complaints here before about the look of the houses with such a temporary change (could have been Easter or Halloween, too). IIRC, it were the orange ones then, which even had their windows changed.
    So I expect them to change back after Christmas, as the others did also - and we just think that a someone at Playrix was happy right now that they could draw them with THEIR ideas.

    If you decide to sell them (later), don't forget that you'll need their population at some point again. It's probably better to "hide" them as good as possible in that case. (New CBs and houses are one of the few ideas with which Playrix wants to keep us entertained. )
    Orange? I guess those are the ones with the two round towers; just checked, and their windows are changed now as well, so this gives me hope, thanks
    I try to avoid houses I don't like, and I'd hate to lose ones I had arranged nicely before the change. Hiding the new design is of course always a possibility, but I actually liked the way they looked before within my town and the old design would be hard to replace.
    (Especially as I felt the roof color went well with the pink flower field i placed next to it, none of the other buildings matched it that way)

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino12950 View Post
    Orange? I guess those are the ones with the two round towers; just checked, and their windows are changed now as well, so this gives me hope, thanks
    yes, these:
    Screenshot_20191215-122711.jpg tap to enlarge - they have a million new windows now *g*

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino12950 View Post
    I try to avoid houses I don't like, and I'd hate to lose ones I had arranged nicely before the change. Hiding the new design is of course always a possibility, but I actually liked the way they looked before within my town and the old design would be hard to replace.
    (Especially as I felt the roof color went well with the pink flower field i placed next to it, none of the other buildings matched it that way)
    yep, I understand, and I do believe you must just sit through the times of change

    The "warning" was just an JIC-warning, to avoid a "but no-one told me that..." later

    And I'll add another advice, to which you totally don't have to listen: I'd suggest rather to follow the suggestions of Playrix, both for the order of things and for what they see as necessary for our town development. It will make things easier for you, if you don't insist too much (! a bit is ok!) on presenting and building it in the way you LIKE. You'll notice that neither totally serious/realistic nor totally fantasy is possible, for example.
    The reason is that (IMO) the game isn't set up like a normal builder and deco game with many choices for us. If you leave things out, you restrict yourself.

    ok, and with that: Happy gaming in any case - and stay strong during ugly interventions into your town!
    Last edited by _DD_; 12-15-2019 at 11:44 AM. Reason: added pic and deleted superfluous letters ;)

  3. #73
    Went back to fix a typo and accidentally deleted my whole post 😂

    Thanks _DD_
    Don't worry, I'm able to live with most of the buildings
    There are two of the smaller ones i sortof dislike. Built them while I needed them, replaced them with bigger ones later on.
    I guess i reacted a bit strongly to this one, to me it just is a real eyesore.

    For a while I built new houses ans factories as soon as they were ready, so my town is still a bit cramped. Focused on clearing land and rearranging stuff right now, to get the town to look right.

    So I guess this "redesign" just caught me on the wrong foot at the wrong time.
    Thank you for your responses, advice and kindness

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsalive View Post
    Thankyou, DD.
    278 bricks and glass! Far too many. Sigh!
    yvw, Catsalive and you are right, IMO. I give up at 2 x 170 already - again and again! lol

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino12950 View Post
    Went back to fix a typo and accidentally deleted my whole post ������
    aww, annoying, too! I saw that in Edit mode and Advanced, the Delete-part is sitting prominently at the start, which is probably the reason it happened to others already, too. Strange setup anyway.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhino12950 View Post
    I guess i reacted a bit strongly to this one, to me it just is a real eyesore.

    For a while I built new houses ans factories as soon as they were ready, so my town is still a bit cramped.
    Focused on clearing land and rearranging stuff right now, to get the town to look right.
    I can understand your reaction, esp. when one has found something that is surprisingly very fitting, like you with the flowers.
    BTW, between ~ lvl 70 and 85/90, I also concentrated on upgrading my barn and getting more expansions. It helped, IMO.

    But, funny enough, when I was done with the expansions (so far), I made indeed a whole redesign of my town, following my own advice I gave you earlier: I had started with making a nice little town, and fitting deco, cos the game offers the little houses first,and I liked them. With the later experience, I put all factories together (where I work, very handy), left only the CBs out (cos I had to), arranged them in "matching areas" (just because), made a 3D-hill of my houses to carry the amusement park, and banned all other houses to a block at the mountains. Voilà With time, I have added few decos again, and I have also a "seasonal area" now, but I don't try anymore to get ALL in. Very relaxing

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino12950 View Post
    So I guess this "redesign" just caught me on the wrong foot at the wrong time.
    Thank you for your responses, advice and kindness
    Yvw and thanks for your friendly reactions Glad we could help to get you back on your right foot.

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino12950 View Post
    Went back to fix a typo and accidentally deleted my whole post 😂
    I used to edit my posts all of the time. Now I can't seem to do it without deleting everything. Bummer since my kindle spellchecker puts in random nonsense words quite often!! 😀

    Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    yes, these:
    Screenshot_20191215-122711.jpg tap to enlarge - they have a million new windows now *g*
    I think the orange tower house looks so much better with this look. It's a lot less jarring with all the windows and the frost softening the bright orange color.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I think the orange tower house looks so much better with this look. It's a lot less jarring with all the windows and the frost softening the bright orange color.
    I admit I go more by colo(u)r than anything else, and I like the orange, and most other bright colo(u)rs, too. And esp. if they look like one draws a house - roof and such, not just a block-thing with windows. ATM, I would have to look at the Wiki, how the house looks "originally".
    (I also identify cars by their colo(u)r and not by their brand name, lol)

  9. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Lyons View Post
    I used to edit my posts all of the time. Now I can't seem to do it without deleting everything. Bummer since my kindle spellchecker puts in random nonsense words quite often!!
    If you're using a tablet/phone to browse the forum, it helps to switch to "full site" mode (bottom of the page), since the "mobile view" doesn't work as well as it should, and can't un-tick the delete post option when you want to edit it.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    If you're using a tablet/phone to browse the forum, it helps to switch to "full site" mode (bottom of the page), since the "mobile view" doesn't work as well as it should, and can't un-tick the delete post option when you want to edit it.
    Thanks Dread. I'm on a Kindle. I'll see if I can edit this post. Never had any trouble until about 6 months ago.

    edit:
    Cool! Never noticed the "full site" button before. Seems to work. THANKS!!

    Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •