Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: December 2019 Update [Android/iOS/Kindle/MAC]

There’s possibly a flaw in the update. Town is decorated and there’s snow, but the townspeople are still wearing shorts ..lol

The update might simply not have arrived in "your" store -?
    Just asking...but how can it be that I have got it. The App Store is not individual is it?
    Or do you mean because it’s in a different country?

Quote Originally Posted by Adele Morrison Peeters View Post
    There’s possibly a flaw in the update. Town is decorated and there’s snow, but the townspeople are still wearing shorts ..lol
    Yes I’ve seen others say similar in that they got a partial update... eventually it does right itself

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Just asking...but how can it be that I have got it. The App Store is not individual is it?
    I do not know how the Apple store for ipad works, that is why I mentioned my OS and put the "your" (store) in quotation marks - so, no, not individually, but - IF it is like Android (store) - it can still be different for different ppl - albeit it looks like one huge store with one name for all Android devices - even in the same country or, as mentioned, even in the same household. We've also had posts here from couples where one had it and the other got it belated(ly?). - All the more in a different country, yes, but as I said, I know from other Germans who got the (Android) update quite a while before or after me, as in "2 days".
    So, that someone has got it just says that the rollout for that OS has started, nothing more - and "at least"
    Last edited by _DD_; 12-12-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    I play on Kindle not iOS, but I have two towns on two different devices. Sometimes the update happens at the same time on both, but occasionally one gets an update almost a day before the other, even though they're less than a couple of meters apart No idea why that happens but I know it can. (Could it be possible that they're connected to different servers???)

Thank you DD and JJay,
    My curious brain needed to know lol..
    Yes it does make sense they could be on different servers even though they are side by side. I didn’t think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Adele Morrison Peeters View Post
    And they are still swimming...brr!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine and rainbows View Post
    Has anyone had problems with the iPad update?

The updated game won't open for me. I get the loading window and right at the end, it drops out. If I double click to show the windows open on my iPad, there's only one... the Township window...and it still shows the snowboarding event.

I'm guessing it hasn't updated properly? This has never happened to me before and obviously I can't send an in-game report.
    I have over 4G of available space, no background apps open.

This is a real dilemma. My co-op will be wondering where I am and we're in the middle of a regatta. Ugh!

I would really appreciate any ideas on what I can do. Thanks!

To update on how I'm trying to deal with this problem...

After posting here, I contacted Playrix using the link on this forum as I could not do it from my iPad.
    They have been very prompt in contacting me which I am happy about.

So far, I have tried deleting the game and reinstalling. It didn't work. The game continues to crash at the end of loading.

I am interested to know if anyone with an older iPad has successfully updated without problems.
    It seemed to happen after message about Worthy Opponent achievement being discontinued and collecting tcash.

I did see a small thread in Troubles and Solutions about the same problem, after I posted here, but maybe others will see this and might want to hold off updating if they can. I wish I had.
    Love makes everything grow more beautiful

Yes I got the same problem after the update on my iPad...I knew it was going to happen at some point though, my iPad was very old.
    I tried everything but nothing worked so i gave in and bought a new one.
    It could be that your iPad cannot cope as it hasn’t got enough RAM on it, I’m sure that was my problem.
    The new one works a dream.
    Will be interesting to see what CS come up with.

The Apple Store finally showed the update son I have the Christmas update now. I had to close and reopen a Township app twice for it to slow up though. Interesting. Thank you Everyone for brain-storming with me to help!