Thread: I got an ad about Jesus Christ

I got an ad about Jesus Christ

I got a 30 second ad in-game about Jesus Christ. The ad was not even selling anything, just saying how he is our savior and how he can save us. How is this allowed in game?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Warrior View Post
    I got a 30 second ad in-game about Jesus Christ. The ad was not even selling anything, just saying how he is our savior and how he can save us. How is this allowed in game?
    Well, I don't know if it's normal (never happened to me) but it's certainly weird. Congratulations!?!

Did the game pause while it played or was it a popup? It might be on your device rather than in the game.

You can contact support from in your game by using the settings cog in the top left corner and ask them to block the ad.

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...ndroid-Kindle)

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...port-(Windows)

I'm not sure if this is the case with this game, but in other games I've played ads are based off what you have searched rather than randomly generated.

Are only atheistic ads permitted in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by ebliever View Post
    Are only atheistic ads permitted in the game?
    No, but everyone can complain about things that disturb them. Can we go back now to being not-ironical with each other, pls

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the case with this game, but in other games I've played ads are based off what you have searched rather than randomly generated.
    You are right Ethan, however if you have not selected to receive only those related to your searches, they are in fact random.
    The ads are not controlled by the game at all. It's possible that CS cannot help, except to advise the change of settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    You are right Ethan, however if you have not selected to receive only those related to your searches, they are in fact random.
    The ads are not controlled by the game at all. It's possible that CS cannot help, except to advise the change of settings.
    The ads shown by video guy at the helicopter pad are delivered by an entity called Vungle. I notice they do not offer the Report Ad feature that other ad companies use, which imo ought to be required. It is Playrix choice to use this ad company rather than one that serves more honest ads and has a built in reporting feature.

Township itself may not be serving these ads, but they do have some say over what ads we see. If you complain to Playrix, they can (and other games do) notify the ad company not to use that one anymore.

Imo, if they are going to be so militant about not allowing houses of worship or national flags because they might offend, then clearly this should also be a place where there are no religious or flag waving ads either.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    I think Playrix can at least contact the company to which they have outsourced their ad management (if they have) about undesired content in their games, as they are the customer. Have seen that in other games, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Imo, if they are going to be so militant about not allowing houses of worship or national flags because they might offend, then clearly this should also be a place where there are no religious or flag waving ads either.
    Well said. Except for the fact that they did put religious buildings in the game, namely for Christianity (St. Basils, Notre Dame, wedding hall and organ hall - which are really basic level churches cloaked in “fun” names to avoid naming them for what they are); the Temple of Heaven which is an imperial complex of religious buildings in Beijing, and the Thai temple.

The Thai temple is perhaps their glaring example of hypocrisy in not adding “specific” places of historic/national interest... as St. Basils, Notre Dame, Temple of Heaven clearly are. Won’t get into the problems with the wedding and organ hall but as those have the “fun” names they leave a bit to the imagination and do not “necessarily” have to be churches despite their construction clearly being religious. The Thai temple has no specific architectural place; it is a generally-designed building. That, according to how Playrix has answered on this in the past, is a no-no (as are the wedding and organ halls, again.)

The fact is that religions of Christianity and Eastern-origin have been added to the game. Nothing else, although as stated in other threads, there are religions that do have iconic buildings that would definitely “fit the bill” to be considered as potential buildings.

Playrix absolutely should add some of these religious structures that can be purchased with gems, as all but two of those I’ve mentioned are. Then, as with the others, players can choose what, if anything, they’d like to add to their towns. This way they are not forcing, as they do with the wedding and organ halls, and it in fact shows tolerance and an embracing of world peoples. Isn’t that what is so wonderful about this game? The millions of players from all corners of our great planet who play, together, and join in the task of building beautiful towns?

I understand it is a slippery slope... what to add, where to stop... but the Thai temple was the beginning point of that path. It is not the players to fault for asking. They see and question why not more fair and/or inclusive... Playrix answers but has hypocrisy wrapped in its answer. No new beautiful buildings with a religious importance can be added? Then take away the Thai temple. Simple. Consistency. (Again, leaving wedding and organ halls for another chat as they are community buildings versus optional gem purchases.)

Finally, we know that Playrix doesn’t check their ads and in fact that they, along with many other gaming companies, falsely advertise their own games (Homescapes, Gardenscapes, even Township itself.) Why they would police other ads while ignoring the false representation of their own doesn’t make sense.