Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow Ride Event Dec'19

These are all things we have to work with.. as you play you will get the hang of it, don't worry.

The limit is making this event a pay to win game. If they wanted to even the playing field for those who can't play as often they wouldn't put a limit of 25 on the snowflakes. You either have to pay for more snowflakes, or pay to keep going, or both. There is no competition here... it's about paying which means no fun. I buy lots of towncash, and use it for my dealer and other things, because it was fun. But this isn't fun and I'm not going to keep paying money for it. I just won't play for more then a personal goal on this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Savedbygrace View Post
    The limit is making this event a pay to win game. If they wanted to even the playing field for those who can't play as often they wouldn't put a limit of 25 on the snowflakes. You either have to pay for more snowflakes, or pay to keep going, or both. There is no competition here... it's about paying which means no fun. I buy lots of towncash, and use it for my dealer and other things, because it was fun. But this isn't fun and I'm not going to keep paying money for it. I just won't play for more then a personal goal on this event.
    Yeah lucky here in Australia the events normally start at a friendly time of 8pm so usually I can get a upper hand on alot of people in the group and that's exactly what I been doing for this event past few hours lol, I'm on 3400 feet 1st for now about 1400 above 2nd place and just collected the 3rd reward but I have already crashed few times causing me to spend a few T-Cash to continue my run, I will probably just get all rewards and see how competition is like, I defiantly won't be spending T-Cash to stay 1st if someone wants it bad enough I will be contempt in top 3 this time round

I mainly play events to collect the zoo card decks since I can't be bothered doing the normal zoo orders but saying that I got 49 animals ready to be housed just need 11 more and I got all of them least until I build the enclosures -_-

Please make sure there isnt thread already started for your subject.
    This may get merged with the one the moderators started.

Fir the 5 things you have pointed out...

1. It could be down to your UI... This event has been played many times, and whilst we do get glitches, I can't remember anyone else having this problem. It can be sensitive to commands though.
    2. The idea of the game is for you to work out when you have to jump/avoid obstacles. If the tutorial gave us every detail we would never fall and Playrix would make no money lol.
    3. Move your hand slightly to the left, you don't need to see your runner, watch the extreme right of your screen to see what's coming up.
    4. Yes, the glitching is annoying, but again it has nit been addressed by Playrix, so we can assume it earns them money. Some players will pay to keep going.
    5. Each completed run will give you 200 metres and will increase by that amount each time you play. However if you fall and don't carry on you start again. f.e. You complete 4 runs, covering 800 metres, then you fall and give up. The next time you play you start again from scratch. Therefore your first run will get you 200 and so forth. The points towards your goals are not affected, except you won't score any if you fall close to the start.
    Again it is a cash cow for Playrix.

Good Luck, hope you can enjoy it fir what it is.

It may seem obvious, but be aware that you only collect the snowflakes from the balloons coming from friends after you have used up 25 flakes.
    Because of the new limit they will be worthless otherwise.

No race for the top 3 for me, just pastime with some extra goods to pick up en route.
    The special Event products such as the scarf are only requested via the heli platform, not really worth producing to me.
    Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 120/Android

A couple of observations:

1) I'm sure the "swipe - delay - glitch" is real since there are dozens of hardware devices being used by players and there will be bound to be enough differences to cause the issue. The screen, OS, even the number of active background apps can all have an affect on the game's responsiveness. I haven't seen it yet but thanks for the heads-up on it's presence.

2) One thing I've noticed in regular gameplay is that it is possible to "bump" a obstacle from the side without falling over. For example, if you are skiing between two trees and need to switch lanes after passing them, it is possible to swipe a bit early and "bump" a tree. When this happens the is something floating around the sheep's head, possibly indicating that it is "stunned" by the bump. For the next few seconds the skier does not react as quickly as before. Once the "stunned state" clears, it's back to normal. I've seen the "little floating birdies" (or whatever it is) out of the corner of my eye because I'm concentrating on the upcoming field or trying to figure out why the skier didn't move as I wanted.

3) Is is just me or does this event seem "less hectic" this time around? I have read that some feel the skier goes more slowly than in previous events. I feel that too along with a sense that I'm less stressed trying to avoid things. If that's "on purpose" by the developers, then they have my "thanks".

ETA: whoops, you're right Cuddz, I saw this thread first. Mods: feel free to move this to the right place.

Not sure where you are with the event Cdsor, but it does get faster, and almost impossible in parts.
    That said it is much the same as it's always been. Wish it as slower all the way though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    3) Is is just me or does this event seem "less hectic" this time around?....
    I think it is so (slower) just at the start. I also noticed it today. At "start of the game" both in general and then again after a break. The truck event lately was the same and more obvious there, cos one got more and more lanes/streets to cross over, the longer one played (in a row).

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I think it is so (slower) just at the start. I also noticed it today. At "start of the game" both in general and then again after a break. The truck event lately was the same and more obvious there, cos one got more and more lanes/streets to cross over, the longer one played (in a row).
    Hee Hee, just noticed we're in the same competition group

Another thing has changed. We used to get bonus points each time we finished a run without falling. Not anymore.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 211, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix