Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow Ride Event Dec'19

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    My guess would be a penguin wearing a weird hat.
    I like the weird hat theory. It lets us eliminate ears if those two things are just weird hat points with pompoms on the tips.

That still leaves us with pale gray fur and a beak though. Both the color and the beak are all wrong for a penguin. Penguin beaks are long and pointed. That turned down tip in the avatar is a bird of prey beak, designed for tearing meat.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 12-09-2019 at 01:15 AM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I like the weird hat theory. It lets us eliminate ears if those two things are just weird hat points with pompoms on the tips.

That still leaves us with pale gray fur and a beak though. Both the color and the beak are all wrong for a penguin. Penguin beaks are long and pointed. That turned down tip in the avatar is a bird of prey beak, designed for tearing meat.
    I agree that it is a hat with pompoms. Not ears. Definitely the wrong coloring for a penguin. I agree it looks like a raptor's beak but it is too small and delicate for an eagle beak. Theirs are big and boxy. This is more like a hawk's beak. But the coloring is wrong for most eagles and hawks too (I can only think of a few species that do not have dark backs/shoulders/bodies.)

Lol maybe not the best avatar if there is this much confusion as to exactly what it is!

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

Quote Originally Posted by Mousytrap View Post

2 What are we doing using feet??? It's the 21st century!!!!! Can't we count in metres?
    Lol . Just letting you know that for me it is in meters, but my language settings in the game aren't English - maybe that has something to do with it

hello i am a pc player do you know if they will bring out a xmas event fer pc?

Quote Originally Posted by Loxcee View Post
    hello i am a pc player do you know if they will bring out a xmas event fer pc?
    Gary has posted the "update note" for Windows here, and it looks as if there will be something for Christmas, too

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Lyons View Post
    I agree that it is a hat with pompoms. Not ears. Definitely the wrong coloring for a penguin. I agree it looks like a raptor's beak but it is too small and delicate for an eagle beak. Theirs are big and boxy. This is more like a hawk's beak. But the coloring is wrong for most eagles and hawks too (I can only think of a few species that do not have dark backs/shoulders/bodies.)

Lol maybe not the best avatar if there is this much confusion as to exactly what it is!
    Or maybe that was the plan, a made up animal. I thought maybe snowy owl but they have done owls before and they are recognizably owls, and the beak is still all wrong.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Or maybe that was the plan, a made up animal. I thought maybe snowy owl but they have done owls before and they are recognizably owls, and the beak is still all wrong.
    Closest I came up with was is a pigeon. But the beak is wrong. Too bad they can't put names on the avatar info page along with what your earned it for

Quote Originally Posted by TwoEggs View Post
    As I move my player along the snowboard track it keeps hiccuping. There’s a split second where it sort of stutters at least a couple times each run. It did this the last time we had this event and it’s *the only event that does that*. Am I the only one and why does this happen? I have a really fast internet connection speed so it’s not that. Am I losing packets of info in the transfer and it stutters before catching up? I’m at a loss here. This is my most hated event because of that (aside from the fact that it’s already a pay-to-win event).
    This has been happening nonstop to me. I think it is a money grab by the creators as you need to spend Township dollars to continue. When you run out, you have to buy some with real money. I probably spent about 90 township dollars so I could make it into first place (4300+ feet). Luckily I had enough saved up so I didn't buy any. It is ridiculous how bad it has been, both on my phone, my wife's phone, and my daughter's pad.

I don't know what's with that avatar don't really like it myself personally but maybe it's based on the Blue Finch

QZ8wTHP.jpg
    Last edited by Sp8rk3y; 12-10-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by border411 View Post
    This has been happening nonstop to me. I think it is a money grab by the creators as you need to spend Township dollars to continue. When you run out, you have to buy some with real money. I probably spent about 90 township dollars so I could make it into first place (4300+ feet). Luckily I had enough saved up so I didn't buy any. It is ridiculous how bad it has been, both on my phone, my wife's phone, and my daughter's pad.
    The glitch is the reason I won't play snow ride. I just take my 90t dollars & buy the decoration, they couldn't even tempt me with a cute avatar this time