Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow Ride Event Dec'19

The people racking up the big cumulative distance numbers are pretty much all using tcash to do it, probably quite a lot of it for most. That's one of the bogus features of these competitions. It isn't about skill, it's about spending the most tcash and/or playing the most hours.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Ever since they made the distance you can go without falling (and not spending tcash to keep going) the determining factor in progressing up I have been absolutely horrible at this game. Lol. I think the last couple of times I've won 5500 coins.

I certainly notice the glitchiness too. This show ride event and the previous one as well. It definitely has an impact on play. I notice it especially when I have to switch lanes quickly twice in a row. Sometimes I make it. Sometimes not.

I keep a log during regatta and events. I had a "tingly" feeling (but not from the cold) about the points needed for the personal event goals. Currently I'm working on the fourth goal and need 2600 points to reach it. By the way, that's not total accumulated points, just 2600 for the fourth goal itself. Last time it it was 1800 for the fourth one and 2700 for the fifth. So there has been a rather substantial increase. I wonder ... does this have anything to do with my level? Are the number of points the same for everyone?

This event has always been one of the glitchyist, but this time around really takes the cake. Coupled with the configuration of barriers which is almost rigged at certain points making it impossible to pass, I’m actually thrilled to not need to be making things to earn snowflakes.

Now instead, it is simple. I just complete the runs, not really caring if I fall, because I literally have zero skin in the game. I’ll just continue plugging away until I hit the 4,000 points needed to earn the final rewards (got about 3,000 still needed) and if it takes me the remaining five days to do so, who cares?

I think this change is particularly fantastic for lower level players, for people who don’t literally need to feel like they must spend to physically finish... or for people who don’t run the dealer constantly. As it is now, I’m at level 110 and can instead focus my attention on using my barn product helping others rather than feeding product to the idiotic snowflake machine only to fall early and get few stars.

This change can allow lower level players who are already screwed by all the houses, zoo enclosures, CMs and tool shed to just play for play sake and earn some nice things along the way. I only wish they would add another, smaller deco in the middle of the event taking place of something else which could also offer some feeling of accomplishment for lower level players or for peeps who don’t spend.

We all love decos. This new setup allows me to get a nice one, along with some t-cash, without outlaying any product whatsoever. Free. Just time and patience to push through.

That’s pretty sweet if you ask me.

I must say, I have played this more today and it's growing on me. I still fall most of the time. But I've found it nice to try and make it, and sometimes I do. But more importantly, it makes me really happy when I'm waiting on a cupcake for a train, and that cupcake is queued behind a cheesecake and I find the cupcake on the snowboard run, and I don't lose it after I fall, and I send off my train 4 hours earlier than expected: #townshipgoals

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    The people racking up the big cumulative distance numbers are pretty much all using tcash to do it, probably quite a lot of it for most. That's one of the bogus features of these competitions. It isn't about skill, it's about spending the most tcash and/or playing the most hours.
    Well pretty much even with skill your bound to crash at some point especially given how glitchy it can be and the fact some runs it's almost impossible to outmaneuver all obstacles without hitting a tree or stump.

Saying that I had about 1,400 T-Cash before this event and I'm down to 1,350 now, the difference is greater then 50 I can assure you that lol I'm not that fantastic at this event since it's hard to judge EXACTLY how much I lost keeping my run live since I recoup alot from various sources and I get alot from ads each day but I'm pretty much done with this event now even got 1 bonus chest after the final reward but I no longer need to waste anymore cash since I'm in 1st spot with 18,200FT and person in 2nd is at 4,000FT now so I can just sit and watch until event ends unless someone REALLLY tries hard to reel in the difference.

For most part these type of events really are just about trying to get all the rewards IF!! you want them in first place and nothing else unless you want to spend cash to get that 1st place spot. But I know some events like the cooking one I just kept playing and playing non stop despite my gap at the top I had nothing to lose it was fun to play didn't feel like a burden.

Why do they decrease the number of stars if you don't use tcash? That's not fair! These stars are what I've collected. I'm being reduced from 107 stars to 32 stars. Give bonus at the end but don't reduce the hard earned stars.

I crash more than I finish runs but did have a time where I was able to complete enough runs to make it in the top 10. But, I'm sure I will still fall down in the standings because the last 5 times I played, I only completed one.

I'm playing it more for the products I can get that go immediately into the barn and I get to keep even if I crash and burn. I have accumulated enough points to get several rewards but not sure if I will even get the the next to last one. No way I'll be getting the final one.

Quote Originally Posted by Amatul Majeed Maseera View Post
    Why do they decrease the number of stars if you don't use tcash? That's not fair! These stars are what I've collected. I'm being reduced from 107 stars to 32 stars. Give bonus at the end but don't reduce the hard earned stars.
    that was my number one complaint with the gumball event. I asked about it then and it seems that that's the Playrix way (I was also informed that in some of the minievents you lose ALL the points if you miss/fall, etc.). But I completely agree with you. It's dumb as H that the game acts like we've "earned" points, but if we fail, then calls them a bonus. With this particular game, at least, there are a number of produced items on the track, and even though you lose points you don't lose those items. I really hate the tcash trigger tactics, but in comparison with the gumball game this one is a lot less infuriating. I don't generally walk away with a feeling that playrix purposely make the last piece of the run harder so I WOULD FALL. With the gumball game, I lost on the very last platform many times (and often because the platform didn't have even 1 good space to land), and that really aggregated.

I dont like the the fact that if you hit an obstacle you get knocked all the way back to square 1 and then are forced to use cash to keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by GlowD35 View Post
    I dont like the the fact that if you hit an obstacle you get knocked all the way back to square 1 and then are forced to use cash to keep going.
    If we use tcash to continue a run, we don't start over from the start. We pick up where we fell, except any obstacles immediately around us usually disappear. On the far side of the course, there are little distance markers that let us see where we are. I think they show cumulative distance, so we need to subtract how many to had at the beginning.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad