Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Snow Ride Event Dec'19

I think that glitch is mostly an issue with device limitations/ overload.

Mine has done that hesitation only about three times. Each time, I closed the game, double clicked the home button (ipad), and saw I had a ton of stuff running in the background. After I swiped them all away and tried snowboarding again, I didn't get any more of those until much later when I was again trying to snowboard with too much background clutter open.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 12-10-2019 at 10:00 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post

Mine has done that hesitation only about three times. Each time, I closed the game, double clicked the home button (ipad), and saw I had a ton of stuff running in the background. After I swiped them all away and tried snowboarding again, I didn't get any more of those until much later when I was again trying to snowboard with too much background clutter open.
    I doubt it. I've not had any glitches with the other events, whereas I've had it glitch badly scores of times with this event. It's definitely a preventable function of the snowboard event programming IMHO.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned another annoying aspect of this event: The exact courses you get increase in difficulty as you go to greater distances. So if you estimate a Tcash budget to go a certain distance (to catch the leaders in your competition for example), you will find your Tcash outlay dramatically increases in the latter stages. (You should be recognizing you are getting the same courses over and over if you are not progressing very far.) The game seems to slowly dial back the course difficulty once you end a long run and are back to square one, but it's a pain facing the uber-difficult courses where you automatically die at several points because it is physically impossible to change two lanes within a very tight space allotted several times in the courses around 4000'.

Quote Originally Posted by ebliever View Post
    I doubt it. I've not had any glitches with the other events, whereas I've had it glitch badly scores of times with this event. It's definitely a preventable function of the snowboard event programming IMHO.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned another annoying aspect of this event: The exact courses you get increase in difficulty as you go to greater distances. So if you estimate a Tcash budget to go a certain distance (to catch the leaders in your competition for example), you will find your Tcash outlay dramatically increases in the latter stages. (You should be recognizing you are getting the same courses over and over if you are not progressing very far.) The game seems to slowly dial back the course difficulty once you end a long run and are back to square one, but it's a pain facing the uber-difficult courses where you automatically die at several points because it is physically impossible to change two lanes within a very tight space allotted several times in the courses around 4000'.
    That's interesting didn't really stop and look at the scenery while doing the runs lol, that reminds me of the plane event where people said to memorize a certain pattern for maximum distance. I'm at 22,400FT but I finished up few days ago with this event got snowflakes OVER the limit now but I do notice the more continuous runs you do the harder the courses get and honestly the glitching becomes more apparent as well despite always ending all background activity and refreshing memory on my phone to make it faster. So basically the first 2-3 runs are doable without to many issues but your best bet is to stop come back to the event a little bit after and you will get easy runs again without having to add in the extra difficulty on the courses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post

I don’t think it can be anything to do with device overload.
    I had done all I wanted to do and had given up due to the glitches.
    I have cleared everything before and still had them which is why I gave up.
    However another point... my game kept crashing due to my RAM not being sufficient after this last update so I bought a new tablet yesterday, with more than enough RAM, transferred the game and thought I would give it one more try.
    Still had the same glitches.. so it definitely wasn’t device related.

Quote Originally Posted by ebliever View Post
    ... I'm surprised no one has mentioned another annoying aspect of this event: The exact courses you get increase in difficulty as you go to greater distances....
    Maybe cos we see it as a given meanwhile In my experience each of these minigames works that way, that they get harder the more (often) you play. I remember the toy truck event as esp. terrible, with getting more and more lanes AND trucks, but the flying isn't any better (for me).
    Here, I could get on quite well the last days with racing not several times one after another, but, say, once in the morning and once in the evening (just going for personal goals). But at ~ reaching 4k, it was over - I only got impossible courses anymore, with the obstacles not only being more, but also practically sitting on each other.
    So I gave up at this point, cos I know it will get too expensive for my taste, if I become too competitive. How the Leaderboard leaders did their tracks, is almost beyond me - even with tcash and excellent guiding, I believe one must crash a lot, in one course even, and I find that soooo not giving pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    ... so I bought a new tablet yesterday, with more than enough RAM, transferred the game and ...
    Yay! that's the spirit! Congrats on the new toy!

Snow board game

Mine keeps locking up, then throws me out resetting my score. I would be in the top 3. What can be done to fix this issue?

I also think this. I experienced the glitchy movements quite a bit. But the tablet I use has performance issues when I haven't turned it off in a few days (clear cache) and then on top of that, internet traffic in our neighborhood, in the evening, can slow everyone's speed, which doesn't help.

hst, I got the last reward a couple days ago. Hilariously, I have been using that track to find items I needed to complete an orders (order asks for sports drink, sugar factory is queued for 2 hours...or I can find it on the track lol).

I've changed my mind about this event. I still hate the things I hate about it, but when it's working properly it's pretty fun (and I couldn't care les about winning some race and getting #1 so that element doesn't annoy me. Judgment NPCs are mildly annoying.

For what it's worth, I just got a new Galaxy Tab A (10" tablet), got it synced up with my account and downloaded Township. First thing I tried was the Snowboard event, and it was every bit as glitchy as on my phone, despite everything else being smooth as silk on my brand new tablet with a good internet connection. (Actually the hardware for our internet connection was just upgraded yesterday with a mesh network and the tech who installed it ran speed tests to confirm it was working well.)

YAY!!!!! looks nice, ahhhhh another event finished 1st, time to relax

Gets update looks at event calendar, 50 zillion new events added but butttt......

Maybe I'm to old fashioned lol but I liked how events were more spaced out before and when they were on it felt like a challenge and something you look forward to, now besides the main events all these little side mini events in between just constant stream never stops honestly I don't know how people who play in regattas manage to do everything I don't even play CO-OP and find Township has more then enough things to do besides everything being piled on at once lol.

2n5BXef.jpg