Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow Ride Event Dec'19

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    As long as players just cheating other players, Playrix is fine with that as long as they bought their tcash with real money.

I agree with , if they were interested in fair and honest play they would just get rid of all the global leaderboards. The number of players interested in those has to be a pretty tiny percentage of the player community, and they just cause ill feeling among the other 99%
    I don't interpret Playrix' silence as good often either, but wow, you state some pretty astonishing things as facts there. Where did you get all this info?

And how does a player cheat "just" another player?

Just for the record, I'm not interested in the GLB, but I don't agree with getting rid of it just because some players' interpretation.
    As far as I have seen in Coop ads here and some posts, some players see it simply and really as a fun competition thing, and that doesn't interfer with my game play.
    Besides, as said above, I believe it's used by Playrix to find cheaters.

Ok, now I know it's not just me being stupid. I keep crashing into obstacles because my skier doesn't jump, or jumps to soon, or changes lanes too soon, or not soon enough. I'm getting very frustrated and decided not to play this event. But every time I log in, I have a yellow arrow jumping up and down, insisting I do a few crashes before I feed my animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkie View Post
    ...But every time I log in, I have a yellow arrow jumping up and down, insisting I do a few crashes before I feed my animals.
    It should be enough to open and close the event window to get rid of the jumping arrow for this session at least. I do the same with all "on top" sitting, like the event board that has a blue (not jumping) thing on top every time I enter the game.
    The yellow arrow usually disappears for me, when I have at least looked at the event. Sometimes it comes back, when I ignored it "too long".
    But, JIC that remark was serious: you shouldn't be forced to play it.

So, I've got a non race related question, as a new-ish player. What are the event specific items even for here? Is there anything to do with the sports drinks and scarves and pennants I pick up on the racetrack besides just selling them straight out of the barn?

Quote Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
    So, I've got a non race related question, as a new-ish player. What are the event specific items even for here? Is there anything to do with the sports drinks and scarves and pennants I pick up on the racetrack besides just selling them straight out of the barn?
    Yeah pretty much just sell or if you do helicopter orders some might request those event items but nothing else really

Gotcha. Thanks very much! I appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    You seriously overstate their interest in fair play. The cheaters they hunt down with a vengeance are the ones cheating them, or even just have devices with software that might have the potential to do that.

Lip service aside, playrix appears to be much less bothered by players cheating other players, as long as they bought their tcash with real money.

I agree with ebeliever. If they were interested in fair and honest play they would just get rid of all the global leaderboards. The number of players into those has to be a pretty tiny percentage of the player community, and the dubiously huge numbers there just cause ill feeling among the other 99%

Hst, they're absolutely not the only developers doing this, and in my experience they are better about trying to keep the game playable for a longer period of time than a certain other developer I won't mention. But when I started this game I checked out the national leaderboards on my first or second event and knew that bots were running the leaderboard, just like they do on other games I've played.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 12-06-2019 at 03:01 PM. Reason: rule #4

Ok, now I know it's not just me being stupid. I keep crashing into obstacles because my skier doesn't jump, or jumps to soon, or changes lanes too soon, or not soon enough. I'm getting very frustrated and decided not to play this event. But every time I log in, I have a yellow arrow jumping up and down, insisting I do a few crashes before I feed my animals.
    You'll get that prompts for the remainder of the event. If you click the yellow arrow and then click the x to get out of the screen you can ignore it and go about your game until the next time.

Cecilious123
    Hi Guys,
    I m stuck at record 800 ft .I need to get more than 30000 ft how ?! I m trying all time to play but no good result ?! Give me some trucks to get that score ?!

I noticed that some of the runs are doable, but there is at least one set up where the obstacles are so close together the game can't even register all the movements when we do swipe, swipe, tap as quickly as necessary to avoid them all. That run features tree or snowman in outside and center lanes, forcing us to one side, then a very short space to tree or snowman in that lane and center, meaning a quick swipe-swipe to get back over to the far side. My game often does not register the second swipe at all. Then almost immediately there is a stump in that lane, so the sequence is really swipe-swipe-tap. Even when it manages to respond to both swipes, it doesn't get the tap.

Imo they had to know this setup was pretty much impossible, at least for some devices.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 12-06-2019 at 07:01 PM.