Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow Ride Event Dec'19

Snow Ride Event Dec'19

Hi Everyone,

The new Snow Ride event is starting, you can use this thread to post any comments/questions/tips!

Happy riding!
    Last edited by dreadnought; 12-05-2019 at 12:37 PM.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Snow Ride Event

Hey it's been awhile since I was on the forums just wanted to see what others thought abit this event and the new tweak they added.

I personally always wait few days before I start to play a event, just spending time gathering tokens,keys whatever is needed to play a game, I find it after few days your up against people who don't really care to much and usually works like a charm getting 1st spot or least always in top 3 can't remember last time I came 4th or lower lol.

I don't like how they capped the snowflake limit to 25 only, which is 5 games at a time and takes 2 hours and 5 minutes to replenish all.

The only way to get additional flakes quicker is by house of luck, if your friends send you balloons, you can also get them during your run or otherwise have to cough up T-Cash to buy more.

Due to this new limitation and no point trying to hoard flakes and going on big runs, I found myself already playing this event.

I feel like also the run itself is alot slower then what previous snow rides were, there is no sense of speed, does it pick up afterwards or stay the same I don't know yet.

Anyone else feel the same or you think Playrix trying to make it a more even playing field, I just feel like I will be spending T-Cash just to gain the advantage over others who won't lol.

Snowboard event Dec 2019

As I move my player along the snowboard track it keeps hiccuping. There’s a split second where it sort of stutters at least a couple times each run. It did this the last time we had this event and it’s *the only event that does that*. Am I the only one and why does this happen? I have a really fast internet connection speed so it’s not that. Am I losing packets of info in the transfer and it stutters before catching up? I’m at a loss here. This is my most hated event because of that (aside from the fact that it’s already a pay-to-win event).

Hey, it’s also been a long time since I was on the forum, came on comment about the new limitations-which seem put in place just so you do spend tcash.

Co-op members who started earlier seem to think that we were also already placed in groups-so the “edge” of starting later is gone. They are the only ones playing in their group as of yet, but unlike in the past all 30 towns in the group, are already shown.

This doesn’t seem as “evening the playing field” to me at all, this seems as pushing tcash spending, but maybe I’m missing something as of yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kat6660 View Post
    Hey, it’s also been a long time since I was on the forum, came on comment about the new limitations-which seem put in place just so you do spend tcash.

Co-op members who started earlier seem to think that we were also already placed in groups-so the “edge” of starting later is gone. They are the only ones playing in their group as of yet, but unlike in the past all 30 towns in the group, are already shown.

This doesn’t seem as “evening the playing field” to me at all, this seems as pushing tcash spending, but maybe I’m missing something as of yet?
    I mean whole point of a event is a challenge, those people who spend time to acquire the goods needed to play games in events, with the snowflakes constantly being replenished and no need to spend time or resources, this event is pretty much free to play for everyone in small gains at a time, I know I will be constantly for first few days trying to play as much to gain the advantage and maybe discourage others to keep up with my distance but it really comes to the point when you eventually crash and need T-Cash to continue run how much you willing to pay for the top 3 spot.

I don't like how Township as a whole has been driven more and more on spending T-Cash but that's how it is I'm afraid.

I actually myself personally stopped spending any REAL money on the game now, I know if buy anything my ads will be gone and I get 5 ads every 1-2 hours and I spend alot of time going through ads each day cause it's a constant source of T-Cash for me nothing can compete with the rate you get on a daily anything else like chests, ballons is just extra for me lol.
    Last edited by Sp8rk3y; 12-05-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoEggs View Post
    As I move my player along the snowboard track it keeps hiccuping. There’s a split second where it sort of stutters at least a couple times each run. It did this the last time we had this event and it’s *the only event that does that*. Am I the only one and why does this happen? I have a really fast internet connection speed so it’s not that. Am I losing packets of info in the transfer and it stutters before catching up? I’m at a loss here. This is my most hated event because of that (aside from the fact that it’s already a pay-to-win event).
    Yes, my snowman also stutters. I am playing Ios on an ipad.
    Co-op: German Raiders
    Co-op Code: #GER4Q4
    Town: Hammabourgh
    Level: 148
    Platform: iOS

I'm on a 10 in kindle and the mechanics for this event don't consistently work. Sometimes the guy obeys my movements and changes lanes. Often it doesnt. Jumping is random; sometimes he jumps when I tap and sometimes he doesn't.

Yes, there are many mechanisms, particularly in these events, meant to trigger a player to impulse buy. You're not alone in your observations.

My game also is jerky and stutters. As to the new format I also usually hoard game tokens and start later. I don't spend t-cash on events. If I can't get a good score by using skill rather than buying the win then I don't bother with it. I will just work towards my personal goal prizes and then see if I want to continue.
    Luckily the only decoration I want is the one offered as a prize. So no t-cash spending for me.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Elvengirl View Post
    Yes, my snowman also stutters. I am playing Ios on an ipad.
    I’m playing on IPad, too. Mine is a 2017 model, but other than this event, everything else, in and out of the game, works great.