Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Snow Ride Event Dec'19

Quote Originally Posted by Sp8rk3y View Post

Maybe I'm to old fashioned lol but I liked how events were more spaced out before and when they were on it felt like a challenge and something you look forward to, now besides the main events all these little side mini events in between just constant stream never stops honestly I don't know how people who play in regattas manage to do everything I don't even play CO-OP and find Township has more then enough things to do besides everything being piled on at once lol
    I think it's great that Township allows everyone to play in different ways. I'm probably the opposite of you in that my main focus is the regattas, and I don't really do the events unless there is something I particularly want in the personal goals (though occasionally I will make an effort if there are barn tools I need in the group competition ). But I love the new mini events. Again I don't really compete, but I see them as getting free stuff for doing the the things I would normally do anyway. For example in the mining task you only need to go down a few levels to get lots of free mining tools, and two of the new ones look similar - I'm very happy about the possibility of getting double the amount of products brought by the trains (I sell most of them anyway, but there are some which will come in useful), and about receiving double the amount of coins from heli orders. Not sure whether it will work yet, but maybe with the heli booster it will mean you can get four times the amount.

PS. Congrats on winning the snowboarding event

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I think it's great that Township allows everyone to play in different ways. I'm probably the opposite of you in that my main focus is the regattas, and I don't really do the events unless there is something I particularly want in the personal goals (though occasionally I will make an effort if there are barn tools I need in the group competition ). But I love the new mini events. Again I don't really compete, but I see them as getting free stuff for doing the the things I would normally do anyway. For example in the mining task you only need to go down a few levels to get lots of free mining tools, and two of the new ones look similar - I'm very happy about the possibility of getting double the amount of products brought by the trains (I sell most of them anyway, but there are some which will come in useful), and about receiving double the amount of coins from heli orders. Not sure whether it will work yet, but maybe with the heli booster it will mean you can get four times the amount.

PS. Congrats on winning the snowboarding event
    Thanks JJay, yeah that's the beauty of the game I don't think I ever spent few years playing the same game on a mobile before Township, everything gets boring after awhile lol. I for one don't do so much helicopter orders just got past 2000 mark only really do them when events require me to get certain tokens or keys to play the event then I usually use the boosters to help out. So many ways to get coins which is what I like, I'm on level 80 nearly 81 and always got by getting coins from different sources and have no issues since I got all buildings for my level and plenty ready for next community building and factory.

I would assume people who are higher levels who completed all buildings and the zoo might get abit bored with nothing to do so I guess in a way it's good they try and make everyone happy and contempt with new content

But on a side note I will probably one day start my own group and play the regattas always been jealous of people who play always get the nice fancy decorations you can't otherwise obtain just wished they gave a option to buy some for people that don't participate in it but I guess you can't have everything lol.
    Last edited by Sp8rk3y; 12-12-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Yay! that's the spirit! Congrats on the new toy!
    Thank You,
    I needed one really my old one could have been displayed in a museum lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ebliever View Post
    For what it's worth, I just got a new Galaxy Tab A (10" tablet), got it synced up with my account and downloaded Township. First thing I tried was the Snowboard event, and it was every bit as glitchy as on my phone, despite everything else being smooth as silk on my brand new tablet with a good internet connection. (Actually the hardware for our internet connection was just upgraded yesterday with a mesh network and the tech who installed it ran speed tests to confirm it was working well.)
    Congratulations on your new tablet.

Those glitches are the game, you and I are proof it isn’t our devices.
    Just a shame Playrix don’t seem to want to fix it...still I guess they don’t want to lose the revenue...it’s all about the money

Thanks JJay, yeah that's the beauty of the game I don't think I ever spent few years playing the same game on a mobile before Township, everything gets boring after awhile lol. I for one don't do so much helicopter orders just got past 2000 mark only really do them when events require me to get certain tokens or keys to play the event then I usually use the boosters to help out. So many ways to get coins which is what I like, I'm on level 80 nearly 81 and always got by getting coins from different sources and have no issues since I got all buildings for my level and plenty ready for next community building and factory.

But on a side note I will probably one day start my own group and play the regattas always been jealous of people who play always get the nice fancy decorations you can't otherwise obtain just wished they gave a option to buy some for people that don't participate in it but I guess you can't have everything lol.
    Lol. That just shows how differently it's possible to play . My second town, level 67, has done over 5600 heli orders, only for regatta tasks (it's my favourite task ), or occasionally if I've been desperate for coins. And I don't build things if I can help it - community buildings and houses if I decide I want more land, but I have 10 factories available which I have no intention of building (at the moment).

Just a suggestion, if you want some of the decorations from the regatta, start a solo co-op but don't race competitively - stay in wooden league (if you want to), do whatever tasks you feel like doing over the four week season - not necessarily high point tasks, save the tokens, and then ask here in the forum if you could join someone's higher level co-op on the Monday when the season ends, just to buy a decoration. That way it won't stress you, and you'll also get a few prizes from chests along the way

I am terrible at this snowboard game but I keep trying. I'm not a fan of the new snow hoarding limitation. Takes me more than 5 tries to get over 200 feet.lol. Also I`m left-handed. This compounds the difficulty because my hand tends to cover up what's on the screen. It would be nice if the designers would reconfigure the controls so they are separate from the playing screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla the Hun View Post
    I am terrible at this snowboard game but I keep trying. I'm not a fan of the new snow hoarding limitation. Takes me more than 5 tries to get over 200 feet.lol. Also I`m left-handed. This compounds the difficulty because my hand tends to cover up what's on the screen. It would be nice if the designers would reconfigure the controls so they are separate from the playing screen.
    Hm, I didn't think about that. I'm left handed also and it didn't really occur to me that perhaps "righties" have a better view of the screen. But then I rarely notice lefty/righty things, except where they're incredibly annoying (scissors). Otherwise, I use the hand that does the job best and don't think about it. But since you mentioned it, you're right that, at least for me, I had to keep my hand out of my view while also using it to play.

I wasn't great at the game, but by the end I actually enjoyed it and didn't fall most of the time. In fact, I got the stupid bonus chest way more quickly than any of the prizes before the final reward...because I didn't fall and, for some reason, my scores were all over 150 when before the final reward I got around 150ish only a couple times. Also, the items on the track have been super useful, so there's that.
    Last edited by Zealous; 12-12-2019 at 08:41 PM.

I know the event is over now, but I've been meaning to mention that I don't think it is fair they take stars away from you if you fall. They say those are "bonus" stars. No, they're not. I counted the starts I hit, and they added up until Playrix took more than half of them away when I fell.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Maybe I'm to old fashioned lol but I liked how events were more spaced out before and when they were on it felt like a challenge and something you look forward to, now besides the main events all these little side mini events in between just constant stream never stops honestly I don't know how people who play in regattas manage to do everything I don't even play CO-OP and find Township has more then enough things to do besides everything being piled on at once lol.
    I kind of agree, this game is over cluttered with side activities. It seems like the developers think their game is too boring to keep us entertained and playing if they don't keep our attention constantly diverted.

My solution to the excess content is to ignore the zoo except for decorating, race only 3 weeks out of 4, and pretty much ignore the latest batch of non- events where they turn basic gameplay into competitions.

But I love the snowboard event. I crash all the time, but I still love it - the movement, the sounds and the challenge. It is my very favorite event. I even like the new system of getting snowflakes.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

The snow ride event had a problem. Since we can collect items also during the ride and not just stars, my barn filled up but I didn't get the Barn full pop up. That pop up only comes if you collect items from the factory.
    I played the snow ride event a lot and collected many items. Now my barn has 366/335 items and I can't collect anymore from the factories and I can't upgrade my barn either since I don't have many items needed to upgrade the barn. The only way to get those items is to send trains but I can't do that as I can't collect products from factories.
    Purchasing those items needed is too costly.

I just wish the game atleast prompted or warned me when the barn was getting full. Making it full and now making me spend cash on it is cheating. I haven't played the game since.😔