Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't visit Town because player has newer version of the game"

Can't visit Town because player has newer version of the game"

Windows player - I already tried to put in a system issue request - the only choice for Windows was Windows mobil - I am a desktop player - anyway - I was trying to "help" a co-op player and when I clicked on their town - I got a message - " You cannot visit this town because this player has a newer version of the game". I have been "helping" this player for months and as of yesterday, there was no prblem. What kind of new torture is this? Any suggestions or info on this situation?

Go to the Windows store. There is really an update for Township in there. Once you do that then you should be able to help them again.

Windows Wonderland let it snow let it snow let it snow
    Thanks,
    Gary
    Windows 10 PC
    Towns: Darkwood (Gary)
    Silver Lake (Alana)
    Co-op: Stronger Together #SR8NKN

Kindle
    Town: Toad Lick (Gary)

gggillis - Thanks!!! I only have one concern doing this - will the update cut me off from the rest of the players I am currently OK with? I am still able to get to all my friends and other COOP players. I'll pass the info onto my COOP and get feedback from the players who I interact with the most and hope for the best. Thanks again for the information and prompt reply.

It will cut you off to any players that haven't got the update.
    That said they should all get it. Might be an idea to tell them.

Most likely you will be able to help people with the older version but they wouldn't be able to help you, just as you found out when you had the older version.

Typically updates are "backwards compatible", meaning that the newer version can work with the older one. The other way around, sometimes called "future compatibility" is where you get that message, the older version cannot possibly be coded to anticipate some future feature of the game or data needed to "help".

You are right cdsor, I was thinking about his situation now.
    He cannot visit the older town, and if other towns are not the newer version it will cut him off from those too.

UPDATE - The "updateed version has loaded itself - all is good again in my little world - everybody seems to be on the same "page" (version). Thanks again to all who tried to explain/help. Much appreciation and Happy Holidays to all.

Did my update earlier, funny how that when I visit my co-op members they have snow etc, but when I have asked them if they have their snow, some of them have said no.

I have tried to tell them where to check for their update.

Bit peeved that we're getting ANOTHER block game again, but I'm looking forward to the Christmas presents one.

BTW, DARKWOOD, if I hadn't try to visit you earlier, I wouldn't have known about the update, PLAYRIX, you need to keep US ALL in the loop.
    and thank you DARKWOOD for your help in the game.

OOH, and I love the fact I can restrict someone from the regatta. (Evil chuckle, mwah, mwah, mwah )
    Last edited by Woodyville; 12-03-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyville View Post
    Did my update earlier, funny how that when I visit my co-op members they have snow etc, but when I have asked them if they have their snow, some of them have said no.
    That's because you are using your town's graphics to view their town's objects. Naturally, it makes more sense than trying to download their graphics when you visit a town. The change for Christmas, Halloween, etc is a complete graphics change in the update.

You see this sometimes when you visit a town who has an update that introduces an new object / item. You will see a "blank area" instead because your graphic package doesn't include the newest item. Someone noted that phenomenon when a new event introduced a decoration and they wanted to see what it looked like in the game and when they went to visit a town that had the decoration all they saw was a block of green grass

Thank you for the information cdosr

Can anyone shed some light on why a couple of my co-op members don't have their update yet?
    One of them is quite upset that they can't help us out when we require goods.