Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about Moose (or Elk or Mousse)

C565CB7F-79D5-46BD-A22C-0BCB76FE21AC.jpg
    Not sure if this cartoon is on anymore? Flashback to my youth lol!
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

LOL, Maggie - to find out what you are talking about, I googled it and found this answer

Today Rocky and Bullwinkle still live on in national commercials, a feature film, and the hearts of viewers.

on a nice and very detailed fan site. They have a link to the official page in their "Legal Information", if interested.
    It was obviously an American series (and film).

And that's a Moose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    So there is Lenny the Chocolate Moose *g*
    Do you remember the Swedish Chef from the Muppets show with his 'version' of Chocolate Moose?
    On YouTube and so it certainly can be found!

"First you make the chocolate and then..."
    Lol...yes...love the chef from the Muppets!

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    knew you would want that, so that's why I mentioned "one S" extra and separately again - just keep reading
    Oh...I did...still saw Desserts!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    C565CB7F-79D5-46BD-A22C-0BCB76FE21AC.jpg
    Not sure if this cartoon is on anymore? Flashback to my youth lol!
    ikr...show was a fun one as a youngin'. Yes it is...well sorta. They remade the series and it is shown on Amazon Prime.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

A snack for Twilight....
    8348F91E-F1C0-4C59-9023-D4CC3E797E29.jpg
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Just want to say..
    I've really enjoyed reading these posts, and you all made me smile or laugh.
    Thank You All for the entertainment.

It appears Elk/Moose/Wapiti were exported from natural habitat to other countries, for example New Zealand. This would not be ok nowadays, think camels, rabbits and cane toad in Australia; grey squirrel, Spanish bluebells, Japanese knotweed in UK;

One way of dealing with imported species with no natural predators is to add them to the food chain. Camel burgers are increasingly popular down under.

So what would you call Wapiti on the menu.?
    Moosaka in Greece.?
    Welsh Whelk?

Am sure you'll come up with more

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    It appears Elk/Moose/Wapiti were exported from natural habitat to other countries, for example New Zealand. This would not be ok nowadays, think camels, rabbits and cane toad in Australia; grey squirrel, Spanish bluebells, Japanese knotweed in UK;
    well, I've found out about the danger of cane toads (would think, though, venom is dangerous everywhere?), but am not used to "think camels" or in that way at all - what would be "not ok" with Spanish bluebells or Japanese knotweed in UK, f.e.?!? gawd, what words!

One way of dealing with imported species with no natural predators is to add them to the food chain.
    Camel burgers are increasingly popular down under.
    ewww. Still, Maggie's Moose droppings take the cake...erm... or somesuch. *G*

Moosaka in Greece.?
    LOL
    Last edited by _DD_; 12-01-2019 at 08:57 AM. Reason: thx for mentioning that, Cuddz :)

I googled on 'hair moose'. The only relevant search results (between the typos around hair mousse) is a hair moose mane.
    Fishing with moose hair? What kind of fish would like to take a bite on that? *g*

Now Thanksgiving lays behind us I suppose it's time to slowly prepare for adding Christmoose...
    Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 119/Android

I googled on 'hair moose'. The only relevant search results (between the typos around hair mousse) is a hair moose mane.
    Fishing with moose hair? What kind of fish would like to take a bite on that? *g*

Now Thanksgiving lays behind us I suppose it's time to slowly prepare for adding Christmoose...
    Mustn't forget Santa's Christmoose helpers-the elkfs/elfks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    Why, thank-you!
    Yes...I have no qualms...

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Just want to say..
    I've really enjoyed reading these posts, and you all made me smile or laugh.
    Thank You All for the entertainment.
    hee-hee-hee...agree...we do have fun.

Camel burgers are increasingly popular down under.

Moosaka in Greece.?
    Welsh Whelk?

Am sure you'll come up with more
    Careful...they spit!

camel.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    ewww. Still, Maggie's Moose droppings take the cake...erm... or somesuch. *G*

LOL

Mustn't forget Santa's Christmoose helpers-the elkfs/elfks
    (groans @ Ruud & JayS...)

Doh!
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton