Thread: Barn upgrade pass.

Barn upgrade pass.

I was only missing two items out of 45 to upgrade my barn when I collected a barn upgrade pass. I don't want to waste a pass on two items , but they're not offering me the option to upgrade using my current items and to save the pass until I WANT to use it. Is this problem related to the temporary gold pass upgrade of barn size? It seems I am being forced to use it on my next upgrade. If so, this is just bad design.

I do not understand. How is a free barn upgrade a waste ? You use it and you are still 2 tools away from the next upgrade.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 214, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

I too do not see a reason to "save up" the free upgrade. Any opportunity to increase your base barn size is to your advantage.

GL, just FYI, it seems the free upgrade, as far as the number of tools needed, uses that "slot". In my case, my last upgrade used 99 tools, the next would have been for 100. I used my free upgrade and now the next upgrade needs 101. The "100 level upgrade" happened for free. I hope I'm explaining that well.

I am saving mine until the end of this event to help ease the transition back to normal size barn. If I use it now, I will just fill up all those extra spaces.

I also have a community building I've built but am waiting to finish for the same reason.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Cool! As long as it doesn't use up all my existing parts!

So it took 99 or a hundred tools from you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I am saving mine until the end of this event to help ease the transition back to normal size barn. If I use it now, I will just fill up all those extra spaces.

I also have a community building I've built but am waiting to finish for the same reason.
    I suppose that could help a bit depending on your barn size. I'll need to get rid of over 1000 items when the barn shrinks back down, the extra 75 from the expansion won't make that much difference. I'm two hammers from the next expansion so the 303 tools required will help but only get 1/3 of the way.

I suppose my big mistake was filling up those extra spaces but the increased quantities in the market was too hard to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by drmom5 View Post
    So it took 99 or a hundred tools from you?
    Nope, didn't take any for the free upgrade. All I'm saying is that the "tool based upgrade" would have needed 100, now it needs 101. I still have all 150 cans of paint, 134 nails, and 99 hammers I had before the "free upgrade". In your case you said you needed 2 more, if you use the "free upgrade" then you'll need 3 more, that's all.

I knew this would be harder to explain without a spreadsheet.

ETA: if it took my tools, it wouldn't be "free" would it.
    Last edited by cdosr; 11-28-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Ok, maybe I *do* need a spreadsheet / tabular form

Barn Expansions.jpg

And to be clear, the free expansion does not cost you any tools, you keep all you had, it's totally "free"