Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody knows what is Sipp?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I don't understand why you guys are getting all belligerent here over nothing. There surely are some children playing this game, though I doubt it's anything like 95% nor that there are many as small as 6, but it doesn't matter at all and is nothing to argue over.

I keep hoping the op would just ask the person in chat who typed it chat what was meant and let us know. Something along the lines of you're welcome or no problem, I would guess.
    I know right lmao. I just made that stat up and people are going nuts. I thought it was obvious there's alot of children playing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Warrior View Post
    I know right lmao. I just made that stat up and people are going nuts. I thought it was obvious there's alot of children playing though.
    Reading this thread, I can't see anyone going nuts. You got called out for making a comment which I agree with Cuddz, sounded sarcastic.

From the amount of players interacting on FB regarding Township I get the impression that there are a lot of adults playing. Not to mention the serious racers in the regatta and the highly competitive players in events. So obviously yes children play, but I dont think they are the main audience. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    How can you possibly know that? Whilst I agree there may be children playng it, to imply "95%" of the players are is insulting,
    And I can see was a sarcastic remark, which wasn't called for. Are you one of those 6yr olds?.

I am sure if the OPs coop had one of the 6yr olds as a member it would be known.
    Supp would not fit the conversation. When someone is given help they would use a word meaning Thank You, not to ask how's things are or something similar which is what Supp means.
    Oh absolutely not. I would say exactly that if someone helped me fill a cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Reading this thread, I can't see anyone going nuts. You got called out for making a comment which I agree with Cuddz, sounded sarcastic.

From the amount of players interacting on FB regarding Township I get the impression that there are a lot of adults playing. Not to mention the serious racers in the regatta and the highly competitive players in events. So obviously yes children play, but I dont think they are the main audience. Just my opinion.
    Ok. Guess I got called out then *shrug*

It was my post that earned the so called sarcastic "loool" response and I was not remotely offended by it. Frankly, I thought sippy cups were pretty laughable when I first encountered them, too. And, to be honest, it is a bit of a leap to get from sipp and 6 year olds to sippy cups anyway.

I don't know if you three are carrying baggage about this poster from earlier encounters, but on the merits, there was nothing worth the attacks a simple loool engendered here.

I am comparatively new on this forum but over and over I have watched overzealous Gold members acting like self-appointed moderators, doing their best to misread, overreact, and stamp out any humor or light heartedness wherever they see it. Imo Gold members are still just members and maybe we'd be happier if they would leave the conversation policing to the real moderators.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 12-08-2019 at 09:58 PM.

It was my post that earned the so called sarcastic "loool" response and I was not remotely offended by it. Frankly, I thought sippy cups were pretty laughable when I first encountered them, too. And, to be honest, it is a bit of a leap to get from sipp and 6 year olds to sippy cups anyway.

I don't know if you three are carrying baggage about this poster from earlier encounters, but on the merits, there was nothing worth the attacks a simple loool engendered here.

I am comparatively new on this forum but over and over I have watched overzealous Gold members acting like self-appointed moderators, doing their best to misread, overreact, and stamp out any humor or light heartedness wherever they see it. Imo Gold members are still just members and maybe we'd be happier if they would leave the conversation policing to the real moderators.
    I wasnt referring to the loool response you received Mayfield. I didn't read Cuddz response to be referencing that either. Your comment has nothing to to do with it..

Don't have a clue what you are talking about regarding baggage, and I see no attacks toward anyone.

It is laughable that you are making any comments about attacking others. Not only have you done so yourself in the above post, but you are pretty straight talking in most of your posts.. Which going by your opinion of what classifies as an attack would also be included.

Practice what you preach springs to mind.
    Last edited by Downton; 12-08-2019 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Added quote

US toddlers are no longer taught to drink from a glass. Now they graduate from bottles to a "sippy cup" which has a lid with a projecting spout they can put their lips around to drink. They still learn the basic skills of handling the cup and tilting it up to drink, but with a lot less spillage than trying to drink from a cup without the lid.

I imagine these are also used other places but maybe have different names.

1v9ccn.jpg

sippy-cups.jpg

im-so-glad-the-kids-are-getting-older-and-idont-3771329.jpg

It was my post that earned the so called sarcastic "loool" response ...
    Nope, no comment was made re any "lol"-response. The insulting remark was earlier and clearly referenced by Cuddz (and me).

Unless Rena is going to find out what was meant by sipp, this thread needs to be allowed to fade away.

I see the humor in relation to sippy cups & 6 yr olds. Let's please try to take it as lighthearted as it was meant. As joker says Why so serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Rena_the_fish View Post
    Other people filled some of my train slots , I said thx, and they said: Sipp rena

what does that mean? i have googled for "sipp" but there is no related meaningful result
    I wanna know what is that short for and where does this slang come from?

English is my second lang so i am a little curious about this, thankful for any replies
    *** If Possible Please?? - though not sure what the first word would be - maybe Share or Send. SIP often means Stay In Prayer in internet talk but that doesn’t fit