Thread: Easy way to add more space: Consolidate Housing!

Easy way to add more space: Consolidate Housing!

One thing everyone wants is more space. We've got so many buildings & decorations that it's near impossible to display them all in any kind of actual "town" design. Playrix keeps adding one or two land expansions with each update, but this isn't much of a solution.

A huge amount of the town space is taken up by the housing. We don't have a choice: you have to buy ALL the houses to have all the population to obtain the higher-level stuff. This...makes no sense. Why not allow us to consolidate our population into fewer housing buildings?

For example, right now, at level 112, with all land expansions bought and at max population (22775), I'm stuck trying to find space for 60 1-square units, 90 2-square units, and 4 4-square units: that's 256 squares of map just for housing units. Without roads, without spacing, without any pretty stuff to make it look nice, if I just jam all the buildings into one area of the map, all that housing still takes up between a quarter and a third of the available space. Why not allow us to buy more of the higher-population housing units? Allow us to mix and match any way we want to! Allow us to buy more of the higher-pop buildings, instead of forcing us to keep every single last low-level housing building.

That one change -- a small, simple change to the game that doesn't require redesigning any of the existing geography -- would be a huge benefit to the higher-level players and would free up a ton of map space without massive reprogramming efforts. For example, being able to buy 33 Condos means that only 66 squares of map would be needed for housing my maxed-out population. That would free up 190 squares of map space to display all the cool decorations you keep making, Playrix, with minimal effort from your devs.

Seriously, Playrix. Right now, as is, with all the space needed for the required farmland, factories, & community buildings along with the 256 squares needed for the housing, there's a serious lack of space for all the wonderful decorations I've worked so hard to earn and build. Even the Zoo space doesn't help. Please, please, let us buy more of the higher-population housing. Give us the flexibility of having the housing we want. It's a small change that would give us the space we've been clamoring for.
    Friend code R2WG3T
    Town: Frostbite Falls, Moosylvania
    Town Level 112
    Coop: Unicorn

I'd like more houses! But the option is the thing I want--my little townspeople need houses, not a zillion diff high-rises and apartments, etc. It would be great if you could buy just the ones you wanted, so you could buy condos and I could buy more small houses.

I think the simplest solution is just to let us store some of the superfluous housing and community buildings The game objective is achieved by making us buy (and for cb complete) them. I can see not letting us sell them, but the dynamic of the game would not be significantly compromised by letting us store the bigger or uglier ones. I know some helicopter deliveries use these, so maybe they would need to require that some remain (like certain housing or the earlier cbs).

I guess this might also affect players' need to buy land expansions, but people looking for more space to decorate are likely to keep buying those anyway. Besides, I'll bet we would spend as much tcash buying more decorations as we do buying missing tools for land expansion. I know I would anyway. I have purchased decorations with tcash; I have purchased decorations with real money. I have never used either to buy missing saws, axes, etc to buy a land expansion.

I know they have said they won't ever let us store community buildings but I have never seen any good reason or explanation why they can't consider that. Maybe it's buried in the archives. Storing housing is not on the never happen list, so I guess we can still hope there.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 11-29-2019 at 10:38 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

This is something that has been discussed before and a lot agree. See this post:

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...%2C+population

Ha! Just found this one when searching that was even earlier suggesting the same thing I proposed later:

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...%2C+population

One can find many posts in regards to a subject when using the search bar.

Also made this suggestion in regards to homes, (yes...quoting myself...lol...):

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Have to disagree...on more houses. I would like to see upgradable homes, that increase the population as well as the look. Then be given the option to choose the look (skin) we like best without losing population.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 11-29-2019 at 11:13 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Oops. Sorry, Twilight. I did search, but not on those keywords. Mea culpa.

Mayfield, they also said that letting us request building supplies in coop chat was not feasible (according to the pinned list), and yet, we've now got that capability.

Me, I'd prefer more housing skins & types, not upgradable housing. Though...making one huge buildable apartment tower or tree or hobbitton that could accommodate your entire population would be awesome. Something like the wizard's school or spaceport, but as a special housing thing.

With the new different skins for the helicopter -- I'm hoping there'll be more customizing skins for other buildings in the future. Giving us thematic choices would be cool as all get out.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 11-30-2019 at 11:42 AM.
    Friend code R2WG3T
    Town: Frostbite Falls, Moosylvania
    Town Level 112
    Coop: Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfrodo View Post
    ...Mayfield, they also said that letting us request building supplies in coop chat was not feasible (according to the pinned list), and yet, we've now got that capability. ...
    Temporarily.
    They have given two reasons in that thread: "game balance that would be negatively affected, and sometimes due to technical requirements or resources involved". I'd think that requesting building supplies is connected with game balance, a decision for gameplay, while Mayfield's wish of storing CBs might not work cos of technical reasons (dependencies of/with other game features, just a guess).
    I remember a similar statement re the ocean (they're not able to give us more room there), which was also a bit surprising.

Anyway, Mayfield's wish is NOT on the No-No-list (yet ), as they say, so no need to drag that thread into this discussion.
    Last edited by _DD_; 12-04-2019 at 12:49 PM. Reason: correcting hinterhältigen autocorrect...

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfrodo View Post
    Oops. Sorry, Twilight. I did search, but not on those keywords. Mea culpa.

Mayfield, they also said that letting us request building supplies in coop chat was not feasible (according to the pinned list), and yet, we've now got that capability.

Me, I'd prefer more housing skins & types, not upgradable housing. Though...making one huge buildable apartment tower or tree or hobbitton that could accommodate your entire population would be awesome. Something like the wizard's school or spaceport, but as a special housing thing.

With the new different skins for the helicopter -- I'm hoping there'll be more customizing skins for other buildings in the future. Giving us thematic choices would be cool as all get out.

No apologies needed The search bar is like using google...gotta reword the search several times and even then...might not find it. Besides...that's what us fellow players are here for...to help each other out.

I like the idea of a "hobbitton".

The upgradable housing would be so we could increase our population without having to buy more items to try and cram into such a limited space. (of course upgrades would cost)
    The "skin" would change at each increase. Then if we do not like the upgraded skin we could revert back to a previous skin without the loss of population.
    There could be an added feature of purchasing additional skins for a home as well.

But the sole purpose for the idea was to help with spacial concerns.

Yes, the skin for the heli is a nice step. Awaiting the next item!
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

It could be as in the monopoly that you change certain buildings for others but you do not lose the number of inhabitants, for example changing 4 houses of 5 inhabitants each for one that is 20 inhabitants, so the same proportion is maintained and space is freed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yara_Elizabeth View Post
    It could be as in the monopoly that you change certain buildings for others but you do not lose the number of inhabitants, for example changing 4 houses of 5 inhabitants each for one that is 20 inhabitants, so the same proportion is maintained and space is freed.
    Nice idea as well. If it came to that type of set up...we would need to be able to still buy the smaller homes...not be capped.