Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: Gold Pass: Tactics

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by thruv View Post
    Did they mention how many single tickets they used before the offer became available?
    It's varied. Most people I've spoken to say four, but I have seen on Facebook three, and one person said two, but obviously I have no idea whether they used the dealer regularly before that or not. As far as I understand it, you have to use the coupons or tickets one after the other, and then the offer comes up. But again, as I've said, I haven't done it, so can't promise it will work for everyone.

  2. #22
    Question I didn't originally purchasebthe gold pass. I've achieved all the regular rewards offered now. If I were to purchase the Gold Pass now will I get all the past upgrades I missed/earned previously? Or what would happen at this point? Is it even worth it for me to purchase it now?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    Cuddz, I think that changed. I could hire Raja even though I had 4 or 5 coupons left.
    Yes I noticed when I went to use mine. Hope they don't change it back lol.
    Thank you for the info though

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebekah Grider View Post
    Question I didn't originally purchasebthe gold pass. I've achieved all the regular rewards offered now. If I were to purchase the Gold Pass now will I get all the past upgrades I missed/earned previously? Or what would happen at this point? Is it even worth it for me to purchase it now?
    I didn’t buy the gold pass until after two days since it began. I was able to go back and claim all the pass rewards. Yes, you’ll be able to claim all the rewards. You’ll still have 7 days + 150 town cash, plus skins, plus coupons, etc. I’d say it’d still be worth it. Just constantly pop helicopter orders until the event ends.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    It's varied. Most people I've spoken to say four, but I have seen on Facebook three, and one person said two, but obviously I have no idea whether they used the dealer regularly before that or not. As far as I understand it, you have to use the coupons or tickets one after the other, and then the offer comes up. But again, as I've said, I haven't done it, so can't promise it will work for everyone.
    Confirmed->>>> It took me 4 passes to get the 60% off. The first few offered the 20% off but the 5th turn gave me 60% when it came up. This works! I’ll confirm it.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by thruv View Post
    Confirmed->>>> It took me 4 passes to get the 60% off. The first few offered the 20% off but the 5th turn gave me 60% when it came up. This works! I’ll confirm it.
    Thanks for the "test" and the confirmation It's good to know the circa-amount at least, and also (like JJ said) that it might be a little different for players.

  7. #27
    Mousytrap:
    but what is a buff? Haven't heard this word before as a noun???

    _DD_:
    From the names thruv used, I'd say it's boosters. Enter the word buff in Google translate, if you want quite a lot to read (on the English part already, synonyms, verbs, substantive...).


    To translate it into what exactly???? English is my first language! Anyway I did a Google search and found that it's some kind of head or neck fashion... (though that might be some Brand)

    English dictionary tells me it's an expert on some matter, which is actually a context I've often heard it. Didn't find any other explanations


    Obviously I'm also familiar with blokes being a bit buff when spotted at the beach!

    Maybe in township it started as an acronym for something?
    Last edited by Mousytrap; 11-26-2019 at 01:08 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousytrap View Post
    Mousytrap:
    but what is a buff? Haven't heard this word before as a noun???

    _DD_:
    From the names thruv used, I'd say it's boosters. Enter the word buff in Google translate, if you want quite a lot to read (on the English part already, synonyms, verbs, substantive...).


    To translate it into what exactly???? English is my first language!
    Lucky, eh? *g*
    Into any other language, as long as English is in one of the two boxes. Just pretend you would be translating it - cos with the two arrows in the middle, above the two boxes, you can switch the 2 languages (from => to is the order), and it will in this case add some explanations for the English word. Can even be that it does that right away*, w/o switching.
    But that's why I suggested Google translate here, not one of the other translators or pages. That switching feature (with which we can check back vs our mother tongue, f.e., when we use it for an unknown language) is a good feature there, as well as the (sometimes) added explanations below the boxes.
    * ETA: yes, it does. Just choose any other language as 2nd and enter buff in the "English" box. Apart from offering a verb at first, as you said earlier, it offers about 5 definitions and 29 examples for and in English...

    I was just trying to give you a source for synonyms and more meanings of the word, in English, and thought you would recognize one as fitting. - Of course, thruv or any other native English speaker who knows it, could simply answer your question.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mousytrap View Post
    Maybe in township it started as an acronym for something?
    I'd think not; I've seen the word used before in other games, just like thruv used it. Township uses boosters rather, and now Perks...
    I just add them to my game vocab, but it's probably different for a native speaker. In my mother tongue, I usually try to get also more "understanding" than just a translation.
    Last edited by _DD_; 11-26-2019 at 01:59 PM. Reason: added link

  9. #29
    I had no idea what a buff was either (I'm quite elderly lol), but this is an explanation I found online -

    Screenshot_2019-11-26-13-55-02_kindlephoto-177539083.jpg

    from dictionary.com

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I had no idea what a buff was either (I'm quite elderly lol), but this is an explanation I found online -

    Screenshot_2019-11-26-13-55-02_kindlephoto-177539083.jpg

    from dictionary.com
    Best explanation so far, and as has been stated above, in TS we get boosters from the Lab, not buffs, but imagining Prof Verne with a "ripped" body à la MrUniverse has kept me amused since reading thruv's post.
    Hats off to all our regular posters for whom English is not mother-tongue. Hope they're comforted that even native-speakers confuse each other. A common language separated by the pond, and in this instance also by a generation gap

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •