Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Pass: Tactics

Gold Pass: Tactics

There’s roughly 10 days left of the event and many of us are completely satisfied with having paid $5.99 for the benefits we’ve received so far. I will compile a list of tactics for one to fully take advantage of what this pass offers- for those who are still deciding whether to purchase it or those who already have it.

** Edit ** “Buff” as I’m using the term = Temporary benefit- Something that enhances ones character or gameplay beyond standard. I should use the phrase a ‘free, passive booster’ but we recognize a booster as a buff purchased using gems.

1) Stock up on ore to smelt into bars in mass at a later date. Once you receive the generous market buff, purchase the dealer with town cash so you Can buy ore every hour. The most you’ll be offered is 17-18 per purchase for the higher end ore and atleast 25 per purchase for the lower end ore. So far Ive purchased 1300 for each ore type. That’s a lot of upgrades later on once you smelt it all. Mix in the buff ‘cut dealer time in half’ and you could potentially double your ore if your active enough.

2) Run 2x Coins buff for helicopter orders once you reach the 40% generous offer buff from the event. You’ll find some helicopter orders topping off around 5-6k. Run the 30% increased factory speed booster to keep pumping out products fast enough to constantly fill helicopter orders. So far I’ve made about 1 million gold and counting.

3) Take advantage of the ‘spacious barn’ buff from the event and fill your barn with as many products as possible to allow for que space for even more products in your factories. When you eventually run low on products, your barn is more empty, and majority of your helicopter orders are red, run the increased animal products booster and/or 2x harvesting booster ALONG with the 30% factory booster to restock quickly. Rinse and repeat with increased helicopter coin booster when your restocked and your barn is full again.

Don’t get greedy with coins. Once you make Make money... spend it on upgrades/factories/etc that you know you couldn’t afford otherwise.

These are the best tactics Ive come up with so far with having the gold pass. Feel free to snowball in comments.
    Last edited by thruv; 11-27-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Very good hints; thank you for writing that down!

Not relevant to me as I didn't buy the gold pass but what is a buff? Haven't heard this word before as a noun???

It doesn't involve fitness or muscles.

It means same as boost or bonus. Better than normal. It's a good usage for the temporary event bonuses and for the boosters.

I also have been doing some extra smelting as I am not racing this week, but I don't see what that has to do with the gold pass. I collected several boosters with it but not the smelting one. Maybe barn space? Some of those upgrades need 20 or more ingots.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 11-22-2019 at 08:02 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mousytrap View Post
    Not relevant to me as I didn't buy the gold pass
    that's probably why the thread has "Gold Pass" in its title... *G*

Quote Originally Posted by Mousytrap View Post
    but what is a buff? Haven't heard this word before as a noun???
    From the names thruv used, I'd say it's boosters. Enter the word buff in Google translate, if you want quite a lot to read (on the English part already, synonyms, verbs, substantive...).

~ quote/post deleted after change; thx. (I still don't get it, but sounds more like simply a differing opinion now.) ~
    Last edited by _DD_; 11-22-2019 at 08:39 PM.

It is a very niche term, that's all. This is a very casual game compared to the kind played hours on end where players invent their own vocabularies.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Good tips but you forgot about the tool request "buff". I have a little co-op with my little town but I have some higher level players on my team that I have been requesting expansion tools from. So far I've expanded 7 spaces & still another 10 days to go. And still one more free expansion to earn. Hopefully I can finally spread out my houses!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    It doesn't involve fitness or muscles.

It means same as boost or bonus. Better than normal. It's a good usage for the temporary event bonuses and for the boosters.

I also have been doing some extra smelting as I am not racing this week, but I don't see what that has to do with the gold pass. I collected several boosters with it but not the smelting one. Maybe barn space? Some of those upgrades need 20 or more ingots.
    If you purchase the dealer once you receive the ‘generous market’ buff, you can BUY ore from the market and more ore per purchase than usual. Ore doesn’t take up barn space, therefore you can constantly purchase ore from the dealer with no consequence. Later on.. say a month from now.. you can smelt all that thousands of ore you picked up from the event into bars for upgrades.

The generous market buff you get from the gold pass allows the dealer to give you MORE of a specific item.

Those are awesome ideas thanks!